requesting advice

Uri1961

Both are beautiful ships but different. We've sailed AOS twice and SOS once. Our preference is ths AOS. It just semed like there's more going on and more to do on the AOS. SOS does not have the Royal Promenade which is nice for people watching, shopping, stopping by the 24 hour cafe Sorrento's for coffee, tea, cookies, pizza, and other snacks. AOS also has Johnny Rocket's and ice skating rink.

Either way, you'll enjoy your trip. The southern itineraries are very port intensive but I think they're the best and are less effected by cold weather in winter months. Also, the far southern stops are outside of the hurricane belt, so the weather is more reliable year around.

They both have their pros and cons. I love the Royal Promenade of the Voyager class ships with my favorite being the cafe'. I really miss that on the radiance class - BUT with the radiance class ships there is glass just about everywhere you look so you can always see outside. (even glass elevators) And of course my other favorite is being able to eat outdoors with all the open seating area off the Windjammer. I have been on the Radiance and the Brilliance (radiance class) and the Mariner and the Voyager (voyager class) and soon we will go on the Serenade out of San Juan. The Serenade won it for me in the caribbean with all the glass and seating outside. JMHO - FWIW You really can't go wrong with either...one last thought, maybe with children I think the Adventure might be better.

And we prefer the closed solarium because it is climate controlled in the extreme Southern Caribbean heat, and tanning isn't safe anyway.

OP, you can't go wrong with either ship. Serenade is smaller and more intimate with lots of windows and sea views. Adventure has the interior promenade and the ice skating rink with an incredible ice capades-like show.

Been on both out of San Juan. I would take Serenade since the cruise is so port intensive. You are not going to be ice skating or have a lot of time to sit around the ship people watching. I too prefer the closed Solarium on Serenade. Climate control makes it more pleasant than sitting outside in the heat.

I concur that both ships are good but rather different experiences. The Voyager class ships such as AOS are exciting and active. The Radiance class such as Serenade are beautiful serene ships, almost more Celebrity than RCI. Thus, it really depends upon what style of cruise you want to have.

Been on both and love them both. But the Serenade gets my vote. There's something about the crew on the Serenade that is just special. They go above and beyond. We received much more personalized service on the Serenade......we were treated like rock stars! I think that is why the Serenade has won so many awards. They need to make every crew member work a week with the Serenade crew to learn how to do it!

As someone else said.....all the glass and outward focus on the ship is spectacular. The larger ships are focused inward and you don't even know you are on a ship.

Sailing from San Juan is the best!! You'll enjoy either ship.

Archived