Can you still take advantagae of price drops?

I thought you could no longer receive a price drop - only with 48 hours of your booking. But I have been reading so many people still receiving price drops. How is this possible?

For all cruises booked on or after May 17, 2010 you can take advantage of any/all price drops up until final payment.

After final payment, if you find that a higher cabin category is priced the same as or lower than what you paid you can request an upgrade.

Here is an explanation of the Best Price Guarantee policy.........

When you reserve with Royal Caribbean and subsequently find a lower rate advertised by Royal Caribbean within 48 hours from the time the reservation is made, we will honor that lower eligible rate by applying an onboard credit to the reservation equal to 110% of the price difference. For reservations outside of final payment period, the onboard credit may be replaced, upon request, with a reduction to the outstanding balance or a refund. An eligible, fare must be:

a) available for the same ship, sailing, category and number of guests as the current reservation;

b) available at the time the request for the lower rate is made; and

c) a rate that the current reservation would be eligible to receive, if any special restrictions apply.

The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program will only be available up to 48 hours after the reservation is made. The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program will be available for most rate types with the exception of the Royal Sales Events and Exciting Deals; Travel Agent, Interline or Industry Reduced Rates; Employee rate programs; and a select number of price programs and promotions; for new reservations only; or as specified in the price program detail. The subsequent lower rate will be subject to the prevailing taxes and fees and/or fuel supplement, if applicable.

Still trying to get to grips with the situation in the UK. I have booked with a travel agent - because it was cheaper than the internet price on Royal Caribbean's website. Cruise is in Oct 2011. I have paid £600 deposit - I know the RC deposit would have been lower at £450 for the three of us.

The agent did say that if the price was reduced then our price would also be reduced as guaranteed by Royal Caribbean.

Therefore if I continue to check the RC website online I presume that if that price falls below the price I have agreed to pay the Travel Agent then I should get a credit ?

Currently the price difference is about 13% in favour of booking with the Travel Agent.

Anyone can call and claim a price drop up until final payment date specified by RCI. It is after the final payment date that the reductions are no longer honored by RCI. Any booking made before may 17 2010 can get any price reductions up to 48 hours prior to sailing. Bookings made after May 17 2010 can't get the reductions after final payment date but can request a room category upgrade if a higher category drops below or equal to what was paid for the original (lower) category. The Best price guarantee is an exception to the new price reduction policy but can only be claimed on price reductions that occur within 48 hours of the booking being made.

ETA...I see cruisenfever explained it perfectly while i was typing...Thanks Patti :)

cruisenfever-this confuses me now:o

senario:

I book a cruise today;

three months down the line-price drop-do I get the credit, OBC or nada??

then:

once I make my final payment;

do I get OBC or nada???

cruisenfever-this confuses me now:o

senario:

I book a cruise today;

three months down the line-price drop-do I get the credit, OBC or nada??

then:

once I make my final payment;

do I get OBC or nada???

As long as it is before the final payment date (not actually the date you paid in full, but the date RCI requires final payment to be made before) you can request the reduction from the outstanding balance.

Once the final payment date has passed you can only request room category upgrades if a higher category drops in price to below or equal what you paid for your current room. You can no longer receive OBC for price drops after the final payment date.

As long as it is before the final payment date (not actually the date you paid in full, but the date RCI requires final payment to be made before) you can request the reduction from the outstanding balance.

Once the final payment date has passed you can only request room category upgrades if a higher category drops in price to below or equal what you paid for your current room. You can no longer receive OBC for price drops after the final payment date.

Thank You.

One is a Royal Family Suite so an upgrade would not be an option. I need the 2 bedrooms!!! That is the one I would stop looking at after final payment. What I don't know won't hurt me!!! LOL;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived