Panraven Book

KansasCityGuys

I have been working on the Panraven Book I had purchased while on the Emerald. We disembarked Ft. Lauderdale on Dec. 8. I now have a message on my dashboard which tells me that my pre-purchased coupon expires tomorrow and and a 30 day extension is an additional $9.95. So I stayed up tonight to finish the book and then when I went to check out, the coupon was only for 36 pages and I know the guy on the Emerald told me 50 pages were included.

I pulled out the receipt from the sale and it does say 90 days not 60 as my dashboard is saying but no where does it say how many pages are included on the order form. Has anyone had any similar experience? I can't seem to locate phone number or email address on the Panraven site. Should I just go ahead and pay it and not worry about it? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott

I have been working on the Panraven Book I had purchased while on the Emerald. We disembarked Ft. Lauderdale on Dec. 8. I now have a message on my dashboard which tells me that my pre-purchased coupon expires tomorrow and and a 30 day extension is an additional $9.95. So I stayed up tonight to finish the book and then when I went to check out, the coupon was only for 36 pages and I know the guy on the Emerald told me 50 pages were included.

I pulled out the receipt from the sale and it does say 90 days not 60 as my dashboard is saying but no where does it say how many pages are included on the order form. Has anyone had any similar experience? I can't seem to locate phone number or email address on the Panraven site. Should I just go ahead and pay it and not worry about it? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott

We, and many others on other threads during the past several months, are also very upset with the Panraven/Princess lack of fully disclosing what we get when purchasing the book. Without going into great details, in a year we've done 2 books & have one in the works from the Golden in December. The price has changed each time but the 1st two were 100 page books. In December when we purchased it onboard, we discussed the book & there was never any mention (nor anything in writing) that it had been reduced to only 36 pages. So we composed another 100 page book & not until final checkout were we informed that it was only a 36 page book.

Princess said to contact Panraven but they didn't offer what we were led to believe we were purchasing again. So now we're going to have to contact Princess to see if they will stand by what their subcontractors (Photo Dept & Panraven) led us to believe. They need to have it in writing before purchase however the rules change so often, even on the same ship a few months apart, they'd always be printing new offers. Needless to say, we're not happy either but at least we've been given 90 days to complete it unlike you! Princess is the ultimate one responsible & they need to ensure that passsengers are fully informed about what they're purchasing & not upon word of mouth from each photo department sales rep...good luck with your book.

• 2 weeks later...

We were mislead also about the book and will be calling Princess tomorrow. We were on the Golden 12/8/11 and was told we had 90 days and 50 pages and I had to pay the 9.95 because it said tomorrow it expires unless I pay for a coupon to extend it. I got my paper out and it did say 60 days which is my mistake on not reading it. No were on this paper said how many pages but, my brother and I both got the Photo Journal on different days and their sales person also told him 50 pages. I'm very unhappy about this :(

We were mislead also about the book and will be calling Princess tomorrow. We were on the Golden 12/8/11 and was told we had 90 days and 50 pages and I had to pay the 9.95 because it said tomorrow it expires unless I pay for a coupon to extend it. I got my paper out and it did say 60 days which is my mistake on not reading it. No were on this paper said how many pages but, my brother and I both got the Photo Journal on different days and their sales person also told him 50 pages. I'm very unhappy about this :(

It's Princess who is ultimately responsible when subcontractors (I've read the Photo Desk is also one) don't disclose to passengers about what they're purchasing. We enjoy having a lot of the book already done so we can personalize it as a nice remembrance of our cruise.

Hope you are happy after talking to Princess. :)

hmmm... you would have thought they would either have an information leaflet or something on the invoice.

We got this last year on Grand Princess and I thought it was very good value for money - did scan the paperwork but have lost it now.

We managed to get the 100 pages for about $40 ot $50 and it was definitely a fantastic buy at that price - how much is it now for how many pages?

It's Princess who is ultimately responsible when subcontractors (I've read the Photo Desk is also one) don't disclose to passengers about what they're purchasing. We enjoy having a lot of the book already done so we can personalize it as a nice remembrance of our cruise.

Hope you are happy after talking to Princess. :)

Just an FYI... the Princess photo department is run in-house. They are not subcontractors....

I just found my leaflet from Princess that said I have 90 days and up to 50 pages and have talked to Princess. I was told everything they have found said I needed to get a hold of Panraven. I sent an email but, I would like a phone number if anyone has it.

thank you

I bought one on the Sapphire in January for $9.95 and it says 50 pages and "three months". I think it's a fantastic deal. I have ordered books before from Shutterfly and Snapfish and they usually start at $19.95 or $29.95 for 20 pages and that doesn't include the shipping. I'm about 1/3rd of the way done with mine. I'm just hoping the printing quality and binding will be nice!;)

We purchased one last year and received a receipt which stated 50 pages and 3 months to complete. Upon returning home, we had an email waiting for us (from Panraven) which stated that we may have been given incorrect information when we purchased our book, and that it was only good for however many pages the pre-finished book on our cruise was (the one you could order without personalizing it with your own photos).

That was a little disappointing, but we are still very happy with our photo book. We had somewhere near 100 pages, so paying for about 15 more wasn't a big deal.

Just an FYI... the Princess photo department is run in-house. They are not subcontractors....

Thanks for your correction & that should make it even easier to get the correct info and for Princess to correct their employee's mistake.

Did you get any snow in Val Verde?

I just found my leaflet from Princess that said I have 90 days and up to 50 pages and have talked to Princess. I was told everything they have found said I needed to get a hold of Panraven. I sent an email but, I would like a phone number if anyone has it.

thank you

I neglected to mention that the 1st step was to email Panraven. :o

Panraven replied quickly but wouldn't change what we would receive for the price paid. Based on RickEk's input that the Photo Department is part of Princess, they must not want to pay for something due to the Photo's error on the order form which is understandable.

I bought one on the Sapphire in January for $9.95 and it says 50 pages and "three months". I think it's a fantastic deal. I have ordered books before from Shutterfly and Snapfish and they usually start at $19.95 or $29.95 for 20 pages and that doesn't include the shipping. I'm about 1/3rd of the way done with mine. I'm just hoping the printing quality and binding will be nice!;)
We've enjoyed both of our previous photo books & hope to complete our 3rd one soon.

Ours was purchased on the Caribbean Princess Dec 10,2010=only 36 pages for $9.95-we were told upfront by the Photo staff the number of pages and costs and leadtime.
If they had done that on the Golden in early December, it wouldn't have been a problem. Talking to the Photo employee, they told us that purchased photos are no longer downloaded to Panraven but even while discussing our recent photo books didn't say anything about the change in size.

We purchased one last year and received a receipt which stated 50 pages and 3 months to complete. Upon returning home, we had an email waiting for us (from Panraven) which stated that we may have been given incorrect information when we purchased our book, and that it was only good for however many pages the pre-finished book on our cruise was (the one you could order without personalizing it with your own photos).

That was a little disappointing, but we are still very happy with our photo book. We had somewhere near 100 pages, so paying for about 15 more wasn't a big deal.

Not only didn't the Photo order form have what was being purchased (nor did the employee tell us) but neither did the comfirmation email from Panraven mention what had been purchased. It wasn't until our 100 page book (like the others purchased in the previous year) was ready to finalize the order that we were informed that it was now 38 pages. :(

I just hope they fully inform passengers to eliminate such problems in the future. The 'rules' are constantly changing even on the same ship a few months apart. We really enjoy the photo album & are very happy with it...just as long as they tell us what we're purchasing. :confused:

the binding of Panraven was superior to our previous purchase from snapfish

I've done two books and both were easy and very nicely produced. Both times, the folks at the photo location told me exactly what was covered. My first was a few years back in Alaska (on the Star) and latest was with the Island (full transit, Panama Canal). Both books are great! The first cost about $50, and the last was free -- well, with a purchase of 5 pictures from the staff, but they did a super job, so we would have bought them anyway.

So, bottom-line, I thing Panraven has a super product at a decent price-point.

I purchased a Panraven book on HAL Eurodam. The photo staff did not have a clue. Every time I asked a question, I got a different answer and never felt sure they knew what they were talking about. I paid $60 + for the book and when I left the ship I never thought I would receive the book. As soon as I got home I had an e-mail from Panraven so I e-mailed them all of my questions. I am thrilled with my book. If I'm ever on another ship that offers the book, I will do it again.

I was told on the ship that the included number of pages was 36. I don't remember the timeframe, but I put the book together a couple weeks after I got home so it wasn't an issue.

I got the 36 page book "free" for buying five portrait photos on board. My final book was 44 pages and I think I paid somewhere around $20 or $30 for the extra pages/shipping/tax/whatever. I like the book but probably wouldn't have paid for it if I hadn't got the deal with the five photos. I'm more of a scrapbooker and prefer to have my living room floor/tables covered with photos/stickers/paper for months on end :D

I was told on the ship that the included number of pages was 36. I don't remember the timeframe, but I put the book together a couple weeks after I got home so it wasn't an issue.

I got the 36 page book "free" for buying five portrait photos on board. My final book was 44 pages and I think I paid somewhere around $20 or $30 for the extra pages/shipping/tax/whatever. I like the book but probably wouldn't have paid for it if I hadn't got the deal with the five photos. I'm more of a scrapbooker and prefer to have my living room floor/tables covered with photos/stickers/paper for months on end :D

That's too funny! I'm a scrapbooker also, so my family room goes through similar periods of disarray! However, I must admit that I do love the photobooks, as well -- much easier and quicker than my scrapbooks:p.

the binding of Panraven was superior to our previous purchase from snapfish

So, bottom-line, I thing Panraven has a super product at a decent price-point.

I am thrilled with my book. If I'm ever on another ship that offers the book, I will do it again.

We're very happy with our 3 books & hopefully Princess/Panraven will have a procedure in place to inform us in writing about what's being purchased. Being informed verbally leads to too many mistakes & isn't a good way to do it. As long as we're informed about what we're purchasing, we'll continue to buy them. :D

Archived