Crown Grill - Help!!!

User Error

Am going nuts in anticipation of The Crown Grill but have 1 potentially BIG problem.

My wife is vegetarian-shes not a Vegan, she still eats fish etc but meat is a strict no no.

If I were to take her to this restaurant, would they be able to fix her something Vegetarian?

Dont want to miss out on this fab sounding place, but sitting dining on my own doesnt really sound too good either really....

Help!!!!!

Can we book this restaurant online?

No, you can only book once you're on board. On embarkation day, there should be someone manning a desk in front of the restaurant, or you can call the DINE line from any telephone.

Am going nuts in anticipation of The Crown Grill but have 1 potentially BIG problem.

My wife is vegetarian-shes not a Vegan, she still eats fish etc but meat is a strict no no.

If I were to take her to this restaurant, would they be able to fix her something Vegetarian?

Dont want to miss out on this fab sounding place, but sitting dining on my own doesnt really sound too good either really....

Help!!!!!

I don't eat the meat or fish, though I do eat shellfish and chicken. I can make a whole meal with just the veggies; garlic mashed potatoes; creamed spinach and sauteed mushrooms. YUM!

I don't eat the meat or fish, though I do eat shellfish and chicken. I can make a whole meal with just the veggies; garlic mashed potatoes; creamed spinach and sauteed mushrooms. YUM!

Pia...Thank You!!!

I think youve just saved my life!!!

Showed DW your post and think it worked......;):D

From looking at the menu I cant see me doing the Crown Grill in one sitting...maybe a week needs to be booked.....;)

But have to do Sabatinis and of course the MDR too not to mention the IC.....

12 days will not be enough time.....

Hope the GYm is open 24/7 to burn some of it all off.

Midnight swims are a must too...Although it will be cooler in Norway...But I'm a trooper

Hi User Error

A few years back while doing Norway we were watching MUTS in T shirt and shorts, the lady next to use in gloves scarf etc suddenly shouted out she could not feel her fingers she had frost bite, she eas from Florida,

the temp about 18 degrees C

have a great cruise

yours Shogun

My husband and I loved the Crown Grill. I had the Filet Mignon both times, and they butterflied it and it was cooked to perfection. It just melted in your mouth and it had such a rich taste to it. My biggest problem was that I didn't have room everything. I started with "the Grill Salad with Grape-Balsamic Dressing" which was probably the best salad I've ever had. Then the Black and Blue Onion Soup was next and it was fabulous. I had the corn casserole and the scalloped potatoes as side dishes and they were both wonderful. I enjoyed all of that just as much as the filet. Then I had the Molten Dutch Chocolate Fudge Obsession for dessert because the waiter insisted that it was just "to die for". He was right. And, just so you know, they serve the sides "family style" in separate dishes so there is enough for everyone at the table to share all of the sides. And, you may only get one entree, but you can get as many sides, salads, desserts, as you want. Ahead of time, I was thinking that I could take my dessert to go. But then I couldn't pass up that little slice of chocolate heaven. It was hot and gooey on the inside with double chocolate ice cream on top so not really a "to go" kind of dessert. My husband had the Wild Berry and Apple cobbler which had vanilla cider ice cream on top and it was really, really good too. So, just make sure you're really, really hungry before you go.

Also, on reservations, even though I would recommend making them as soon as you can (just to ensure you get the day and time you want), I wouldn't be too afraid of not getting in. We didn't make our reservations until the evening we wanted to go and we didn't have any problem. I think one night we may have had to take a different time but that was it. But if you're planning on a show or something the same night, then you might just want to call as early as possible. Frankly, we were too full to go do anything right after dinner. We had to go lay down for a while (doesn't that sound terrible :o ?) Also, if you have a preference for where you might like to sit, make sure to ask when you make your reservations. They have tables by the windows, or sort of a bar stool setting up by the chef. They also have a nice fireplace too. We had a nice table by the window and we were there before dark and it was really just a very nice setting looking out over the ocean. And the whole staff was really excellent. You'll really, really enjoy it. And no worries about eating alone :).

Hi User Error

A few years back while doing Norway we were watching MUTS in T shirt and shorts, the lady next to use in gloves scarf etc suddenly shouted out she could not feel her fingers she had frost bite, she eas from Florida,

the temp about 18 degrees C

have a great cruise

yours Shogun

Ha Ha...18 degrees? Thats a heat wave compared to what we're used to....I'll be in the pool in the evening....Love Midnight swims looking at stars...(Hope they dont close off all the pools...)

To ensure a good experience for the vegetarian (actually pescatarian) in your framily, speak with the Corwn headwaiter a day in advance to plan the menu.

For example, the onion soup can be prepared without using beef stock as long as they have the advance notice.

• 1 month later...

Archived