alcohol sales on sunday

paulandsara

paulandsara, it would appear that the City of Miami closes liquor stores on Sunday, but the City of Miami Beach does not.

From the Frommer's website:

Liquor Laws-- Only adults 21 or older may legally purchase or consume alcohol in the state of Florida. Minors are usually permitted in bars that also serve food. Liquor laws are strictly enforced; if you look young, carry identification. Beer and wine are sold in most supermarkets and convenience stores. Most liquor stores throughout South Florida are closed on Sundays, but liquor stores in the city of Miami Beach are open all week.

Full article at:

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/miami/0017020157.html

From the Travelocity website:

Liquor Laws--Only adults 21 or older may legally purchase or consume alcohol in the state of Florida. Minors are usually permitted in bars, as long as they also serve food. Liquor laws are strictly enforced; if you look young, carry identification. Beer and wine are sold in most supermarkets and convenience stores. The city of Miami's liquor stores are closed on Sundays. Liquor stores in the city of Miami Beach are open all week.

Full article at:

http://dest.travelocity.com/DestGuides/0,1840,TRAVELOCITY%7C4089%7C%7C%7C0017020016%7CF%7CN,00.html

SPI & LARGIN- thanks for the info on the alcohol sales for sunday i am not familiar with miami so i dont know where miami beach is and i guess that is where they sell liquor at on sunday but how far is it from the docks i will be flying in on sunday

wwin & mcboo- thanks for the info i am looking to get some hard liquor am flying into miami on sunday in the am and have purchased the transportation to the pier but need to find something close to their

HI Paul and Sara,

By the way congratulations and what a great way to begin a marriage on a cruise.

Anyway back to your question. We did the W. Carib on the Enchantment in 2002. We did Key West, Costa Maya, Cozumel and the Caymans. There had been a hurricane go through some of the area a couple of weeks before our cruise and had really stirred up the waters of the Yucatan Peninsula. We were supposed to do some snokling at Playa del Carmen, across from Cozumel but the place we were supposed to go was so messed up we had to cancel. The weather there was warm mid to high 80's and sunny. Costa Maya had just opened and there wasn't as much there then as there is now. We did a Mayan site bus tour all day and it was hot, high 80's into the 90's with high humidity. My wife claims it was hotter but that was what the guide and the people on the ship told me. Key West was in the 80's the day we were there as was the Cayman's. All in all what you would expect in the tropics in late summer. Be prepared for some afternoon showers in all the above except the Caymans.

Have a great next cruise.

wwin-thank you very much we are so looking forward to this cruise we both have never cruised but i have a boat so i am used to the water but my little 19 and a half foot boat is nothing compared to the explorer of the seas we are getting married on sept 10 and then flying out the next morning and i am sure that we will be pretty hung over or still drunk so when it rains is it like it is in florida when it just pours for 20 minutes then stops and gets real humid we have a aft corner balcony so if it is raining i think that is where we will be well if you have any tips on the do's and donts of cruising let me know especially the nickel and dime tactics

wwin-thank you very much we are so looking forward to this cruise we both have never cruised but i have a boat so i am used to the water but my little 19 and a half foot boat is nothing compared to the explorer of the seas we are getting married on sept 10 and then flying out the next morning and i am sure that we will be pretty hung over or still drunk so when it rains is it like it is in florida when it just pours for 20 minutes then stops and gets real humid we have a aft corner balcony so if it is raining i think that is where we will be well if you have any tips on the do's and donts of cruising let me know especially the nickel and dime tactics

No offense, but adding some punctuation and capital letters at the appropriate spots would make your posts much easier to read.

It might be easier to just pack the booze in your suitcase before you leave home than to search South Florida for an open liquor store.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. I've read good things about those aft corner balconies. I hope you have a good time.

Archived