HMC Private Oasis: food upgrade from standard?

BoiseIdahoSpud

For those who have used the private oasis cabana, can you provide any advice or information regarding the food upgrade package? Is the basic/standard food just okay...or would the upgrade really 'knock our socks off'? What was your experience like? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

When I was in the Oasis we had the basic food, not the upgrade. It was more than fine. There was plenty to eat, both in terms of quantity and selections.

I imagine it was the same as the bar-b-que :confused:, but am only guessing as I've never gone up to that. We had fruit, hamburgers, chicken, corn, salads, brownies (oh! they were so good!), lots and lots of things that I can't even remember.

One good thing is that you have your own chef, and the food is cooked in a separate area just outside the Oasis. You have Pinnacle stewards to serve you, and your own bar and bartenders. You have staff! :D

It's very, very, fresh and hot. You're asked when you want lunch served, and it's ready at that time.

I see no reason to upgrade. The experience is already pretty decadent.

The Oasis is really fun if you have a good group. What a wonderful way to spend a 'day at the beach'. If you experience, please come back and tell us what you think of it. :)

Hi sail... Yes, we do have a FUN group and that's why we booked it for our day at HMC. It will be the first time in the Caribbean for all of us (except mom) so we're looking forward to a fun day! The food upgrade is yet to be decided. It sounds like it is a burger/hot dog vs. Caribbean style steak/fish affair. Hoping to hear from those who have experienced the upgrade.

We rented the Oasis with a Cruise Critic roll call group--it was one of the highlights of our cruise. We didn't get the upgrade food package either, though. We all thought the food was great--something for everyone, and all extremely tasty (and we are somewhat picky eaters).

For those who have used the private oasis cabana, can you provide any advice or information regarding the food upgrade package? Is the basic/standard food just okay...or would the upgrade really 'knock our socks off'? What was your experience like? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

My entourage (really is the best word for it, LOL) on the December 4th sailing got the Private Oasis. There were 12 of us.

When we got there, a lot of items were put out to snack on. Fruit platters, veggie platters, tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole and sour cream as well as a couple dressings for the veggies.

We were asked what time we wanted to eat and I think we said around 12:30. This is when it almost gets humorous. We were given 12 of each of the following:

Burgers (actually got 13. We had one friend who is vegetarian so they made a couple veggie burgers for her since she also said she eats fish. They wanted to make sure she would have enough as well)

Hot dogs

BBQ chicken pieces

BBQ ribs

Mahi mahi

Steaks

Baked Beans

Sauteed onions

Potato salad

Pasta Salad

Unlimited beverages of course in there as well

And more things I'm not thinking of right now.

While we were allstuffing ourselves and making an attempt to try everything, we invited the staff to help themselves to anything they'd like as well. They resisted a little at first, but about half our group were HAL employees and we basically took the approach of "Come on, you're our people too. Have a burger or something :)" It was a fantastic afternoon and we also managed to ask what happens to all the leftovers. TRUST ME... THERE WILL BE LEFTOVERS :D and we were told that they have a big get together on the island when the ships head off (there is a permanent staff of a few dozen on the island)

We didn't do any upgrades, just the $1195.00 package and it was phenomenal. I would say definitely worth it if you have AT LEAST 8 people... even better with a full 12. There's also the additional charge for folks over the first 12 but the Private Oasis "complex" can DEFINITELY hold the extras!

Thanks for all the great info. And yes...sometimes 'entourage' is the most fitting description! I think we'll pass on the food upgrade based on what you all describe.

DBA... You are sounding more and more like a friend of mine that works for HAL in Seattle! Hmm....perhaps it's best to keep the anonymity! :-)

Thanks again everyone!

Thanks for all the great info. And yes...sometimes 'entourage' is the most fitting description! I think we'll pass on the food upgrade based on what you all describe.

DBA... You are sounding more and more like a friend of mine that works for HAL in Seattle! Hmm....perhaps it's best to keep the anonymity! :-)

Thanks again everyone!

Hmm... Don't know anyone that lives in Idaho... Send me an email (address in my sig) and let me know who you THINK I am :D

Archived