ventura?

phil2

few questions, going around the carribean in november, wondering, we have a obstructed view outside cabin, wondering if there was a picture of one that sleeps 3? as yet to find one.

the gym, is it free to use?

is there many teens on the ship as im one and im with my mum and dad (and i am going to be 19, quite sad maybe but when they said there cruising the caribean including barbados, aruba etc) i thought like im staying at home :D so is there a few teens on board etc.

also is there like a disco / club haha ? thanks

thanks guys i have loads of questions i just cant think of them all lol. what is the main fun activities to do on ship when at sea, as in total i am for 4 days and i will be 19 im sure i wont get bored but im wondering what the best things to do, does it get busy around the pool and sunbeds?

thanks guys i have loads of questions i just cant think of them all lol. what is the main fun activities to do on ship when at sea, as in total i am for 4 days and i will be 19 im sure i wont get bored but im wondering what the best things to do, does it get busy around the pool and sunbeds?

At 19 you will be outside the kids clubs ages so effectively any adult activity would be open to you.Lots of daily activites many of which can be aimed towards a more elderly crowd however lots of deck games eg table tennis competitions. The gym is free howevr there are some activities such as spinning, yoag etc where a small charge is levied.

If the weather is good then on a sea day the pools and decks will be packed. If you are there early or if you hunt around you will find somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

We have just returned from a cruise on ventura.

The areas around the pools can get a bit packed for sunbeds etc, but I often found that if you go to the front or the back of the ship, and go to the higher decks (16, 17 etc), there are usually spare beds and space for sunbathing. Poolside always gets busy and that's where a lot of the on-deck entertainment is located...it's quieter at the ends of the ship.

Re on board entertainment, there are always various activities going on. Ventura shows films, there are quizzes, guest speakers, health talks in the gym, exhibits, galley tours, sports, etc.

Hope that helps.

Hi Phil2

we have just returned from Ventura, what number cabin have you been given, as we were also in an obstructed view cabin, and had a good view.

any more questions - just shout up

There was a great group of older teens on our Ventura cruise. They all hung out together, usually round the table tennis tables at night. The entertainment team knew them by name and included them in the activities. :)

If you have an obstructed view, this link should show your actual cabin.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet/VE_obs

The gym is free to use.

There are usually quite a few teenagers on board.

Brian

Just clicked on your link. The partialy obstructed cabin is E106.

Same cabin we were in for the last 2 weeks stangely enough:eek:

The window looks far bigger when your in the cabin actually.

As for the promenade outside. people walk round the ship early each morning for their exercise (why do people exercise on holidays? My exercise was how many times I went to the buffet each morning and lunchtime!) But they cannot see in asthere is a tint/two way cover on the glass so you can see out but no one can see in.

oh good ill go find some to hang around with should be good, :) how old would you say they were?

Hard to say really. Probably 17+. It will change every sailing.

If you go up to the sports deck I'm sure you'll find them all up there during the daytime. There were all ages up there doing various team sports. The leaders will welcome you I'm sure.

We used to go up to watch them on the bungee. Sometimes the staff practised their skills on it and they were very good. The kids/teens club had so many turns on it for free. Adults have to pay. I'm sure you'll have a blast on Ventura. I hope you come back and tell us all about it :D

lol of course, when im on hol though dont normally do sports etc, prefer to relax and get them rays, did you see any gay lads (my age ish) or couples.

Can't say that I noticed with the teens, but our tablemates had some brilliant gay sun bed mates. :D

All I really remember is some of the young lads had very elaborate hairstyles that hardly moved :eek:

i do hope theres a few there for me lol, as for those wasnt jedward was it :p

haha! No it wasn't double trouble, but I'm sure they would have enjoyed it. P&O should get them onboard for entertainment. ;)

oh god, iv saw them once before when i was at the hollyoaks music show, never again, they would not behave or keep still lol, so you enjoyed the ship?

Jedward came to my town centre and ended up getting stuff thrown at them :eek:

The ship was amazing with brilliant night life. Comedians, karaoke and all sorts going on. It was hard to choose what to do. They try really hard to make sure all ages have a great time.

The islands are fantastic. You won't want to come home. :cool:

Archived