Upgrade fairy strikes!

Aligator6182

My mom is leaving sunday on the glory for a girls cruise and they just found out they got an upgrade to a balcony. This is her first carnival cruise and got lucky the first time. We have been on a few and never got an upgrade. I am excited for her, but what gives? Are the upgrades random, does anybody know?

My mom is leaving sunday on the glory for a girls cruise and they just found out they got an upgrade to a balcony. This is her first carnival cruise and got lucky the first time. We have been on a few and never got an upgrade. I am excited for her, but what gives? Are the upgrades random, does anybody know?

That's great. Way back in 2004 on our first cruise were were on the Glory and we got upgraded (2 cabins) from oceanviews to balconies. It was a great surprise, but now we are spoiled to balconies. I guess if we hadn't had one that first time we wouldn't know what we were missing!

Great for her!

I wonder if they give upgrades to first timers to create a good first impression, and get people hooked on balconies.....

We were first times on Glory last year and didn't get an upgrade or upsell. It is VERY random who gets the call... wish they would "random" in my direction for our upcoming Legend cruise.

Whenever I hear news like that, I run to my booking to check....

I'm still in a PT.......:)

Which is fine, because I really am interested in checking out the room for 'future cheap cruise' reference....

but I wouldn't complain about an upgrade to a outside....:)

Great for her!

I wonder if they give upgrades to first timers to create a good first impression, and get people hooked on balconies.....

I wonder the same thing..we just did the 1/29/11 sailing on the Dream. Because we will be in Fl til the end of Feb. we decided we "needed" another small cruise so we just booked the Sensation on 2/24/11, OV gurantee..thought we might get an upgrade (this will be our 17th carnival cruise) and we really don't care to be on Rivera but that is exactly what we got !!!!! lol.....It will be a great 3 days anyhow before we head home to all that snow!!!!!

Who knows?

I just finished my 65th on Carnival dating back to the mid-70's. I've been upgraded twice......in all those years.

Lots of "upsells" which I don't take....but upgrades are rare and the secret as to how one is chosen remains "eyes only"....:p

I'm still in a PT.......:)

Which is fine, because I really am interested in checking out the room for 'future cheap cruise' reference....

I did a 4 night in a PT on the Imagination last Nov to see how we would like it. Good enough that we are doing a B2B in a PT on the Splendor in 16 days! Decided 2 cruises in a PT was better than 1 cruise in a balcony cabin.

And my first cruise in 2006 we got a true upgrade from 8A to Cat 11 (now OS). Sure got me hooked and I booked 3 aft wraps since. Carnival made their money back on me after the free upgrade. :D

Archived