Which crew members get invites to m&g?

grandmaa

Can anyone tell me which crew members get an invitation to a M&G? I am aware of the

Captain, Maitre'd, Captains Circle host, Cruise Director but do not want to offend others who should be invited. Thanks bunches...and Happy Cruising!

Can anyone tell me which crew members get an invitation to a M&G? I am aware of the

Captain, Maitre'd, Captains Circle host, Cruise Director but do not want to offend others who should be invited. Thanks bunches...and Happy Cruising!

The Food & Beverage manager. His department does the set up.

Which cruise line? On most it is up to the person arranging the M%+&G to send invites

As this is posted on the Princess thread would guess that the OP means Princess.

And I'm interested to know who you all invite as I'm new to setting up these M & Gs and will probably be doing one for my next cruise. I know I want to invite all that I should invite and the correct way to do it. So easy to do the wrong thing and causing offense.

These are the ones we have invited in past cruises....

Captain

Staff Captain

Chief Engineer

Hotel Manager

Cruise Director

Food & Beverage Mgr.

Customer Relations Mgr.

Executive Housekeeper

Executive Chef

Maitre d’Hotel

Customer Serv. Director

I think sending the personal invites is a good idea. Although the group coordinator claims that staff members have been invited, it doesn't seem to get much response, at least on the Princess cruises I have been on previously. Did you prepare the invitations ahead of time and then address them on the ship, or wait until you got onboard to handwrite the invitations? If you prepared them ahead of time, did you produce a template or anything? If so, I would appreciate receiving that.

I think sending the personal invites is a good idea. Although the group coordinator claims that staff members have been invited, it doesn't seem to get much response, at least on the Princess cruises I have been on previously. Did you prepare the invitations ahead of time and then address them on the ship, or wait until you got onboard to handwrite the invitations? If you prepared them ahead of time, did you produce a template or anything? If so, I would appreciate receiving that.
On our Star Princess cruise last year our M&G co-ordinator stated:

“Dropped our CC M&G invites at the purser's desk. Due to the information from Princess, I had pre-printed names on the invites, but apparently cruise critic knows more than Princess as Captain Kent has left and Capt Perrin has joined. (I also had a blank "dear captain" invite just to make sure.)”

“Our CC meet and greet was a great success with almost all of us showing up in Skywalker's. The maitre ‘d showed up, then JJ (CD) and his deputy, then the captain and the director of hotel services. The captain stayed for at least 45 minutes. As it turns out, written invitations do indeed help.”

The first draft of his invitation was :

The Cruise Critic group would like to invite you to their Meet and Greet to be held on 3 February 2010 in Skywalker’s Lounge from 1100 AM to 1230 PM.

We hope you and your staff can join us.

We are all looking forward to a great cruise!

Captain Perrin was very gracious and stood for a group photo and a number of individual photos.

Thank you for the info. Sounds like you had a great time! Was the group photo done by the ship's photographer or did a CC member just take it with a personal camera?
Other ship's staff took photos so all CC members were in the photo. They took a photo with every personal camera they were given. This was the same on the Golden in 2009.

Yes, I am doing it for a Princess cruise. I am new at being the "coordinator" for a M & G and did not want to mess it up by offending those who are usually invited. I do have an invitation for the Captain, Maitre'd, Captain Circle Host, Hotel Manager which I hand wrote and basically said: "Please join us at our Meet and Greet" on Sunday, February 13, 2011

in Skywalkers at 11AM" On behalf of your Sapphire Princess Cruise Critic Passengers, and then my name with my cabin number.

In speaking via e mail with the coordinator of the ship at Princess headquarters she made the arrangements for the room and the time and she said I would have a note in my mail box when we boarded. Will let you know how it goes...there is a first time for everything!!

Again, thank you for your suggestions.

chris

A M & G is known as a meet and greet. It is a get together of the members of the roll call from cruise critic for a cruise.

It is usually arranged by one of the members of the roll call in conjunction with Princess. They do not usually arrange a meet without a request from the roll call.

what happens at the meet is entirely up to the group, it can be just a chat meet or gift swaps, arrangement s for tours etc take place. Usually if the meet is arranged in conjunction with the ship it is etiquette to invite the officers etc to the meet, can make for a really great time. They usually take place on the first sea day, and can be the start of several meets, and can be the start of life long friendships.

I have arranged a number of M&G's and never have considered inviting any officers, just fellow cruisers.

They,officers, have better things to attend to with their time than meeting passengers, other than the times that they HAVE to do so, IMO.Those that consider this a kudos to their meet, are, IMO very sadly, delusional.

Sat at dinner that evening, one cringes at the gist of the conversation afer

one of these M&G's. Oneupmanship, comes to mind.

Yes, I am doing it for a Princess cruise. I am new at being the "coordinator" for a M & G and did not want to mess it up by offending those who are usually invited. I do have an invitation for the Captain, Maitre'd, Captain Circle Host, Hotel Manager which I hand wrote and basically said: "Please join us at our Meet and Greet" on Sunday, February 13, 2011

in Skywalkers at 11AM" On behalf of your Sapphire Princess Cruise Critic Passengers, and then my name with my cabin number.

In speaking via e mail with the coordinator of the ship at Princess headquarters she made the arrangements for the room and the time and she said I would have a note in my mail box when we boarded. Will let you know how it goes...there is a first time for everything!!

Again, thank you for your suggestions.

Don't forget the cruise director.

I have arranged a number of M&G's and never have considered inviting any officers, just fellow cruisers.

They,officers, have better things to attend to with their time than meeting passengers, other than the times that they HAVE to do so, IMO.Those that consider this a kudos to their meet, are, IMO very sadly, delusional.

Wrong! Many of the officers read Cruise Critic and are very happy to have this up close and personal meeting with an active roll call group.

Merlin 7

Sorry can not agree with you have set up a few Meets now,

have had a number of officers attend, most were very busy getting to know folk at the meeting, handing out business cards, almost every time the PSD

would ask if folks had any complaints, he would take details and meet them in his office later,

like wise the CD asking us what we would like to see on the cruise,

the staff where very happy to talk to us about life onboard, but more than that they wanted the chance to talk to us get our feed back.

It is also a great way to get inside info, have you seen the plans for the new builds.

yours Shogun

Agree with Sogun. We've arranged 2 M&G's and always invited the officers. Most, if not all attended - or sent a representative if they were busy. If busy, they called our cabin to apologize. Very good way to get to know them, and always nice to walk around and be able to stop and chat.

I agree officers/staff members at m&g are aways a benifit for members...Having met the PSD on the Emerald made our trip more enjoyable and he asked me after meeting up with him at a later date IF WE WOULD like a PRIVATE luncheon for our group...he suggested a time and place and then SEND notes to the members cabins!!!!! What great way to complete our cruise and see everyone one more time. We had a large group of repeast cruisers ( many of had cruised together and meet via cruise critic).

Archived