Questions on return from Transatlantic cruise

krisean

I am looking into booking a Transatlantic cruise in April on RCCL LOS. The ship debarks in Barcelona, arriving at 6:00am. I have never flown to/from Europe. Would appreciate any info from experienced European travelers on the following:

1) Are there particular cities in Spain or otherwise that would be good to check airfare out of to US destinations? I know I can get flights out of Barcelona to many European cities for not that much.

2) I have found a nonstop from Barcelona to Chicago on Pakistan International Air for $441pp. This seems like a very good price to me. Flight leaves at 12:25pm. With the cruise ship arriving at 6:00am, am I giving myself enough time? Also - is PIA a good airline?

3) Are there any other research options unique to Europe that I might not be familiar with? I am used to researching airfare in the US via multiple sites, etc and know which airlines are not found on the search engines. No sure of the ins and outs of European air.

Thanks!

I would never fly Pakistan Air. They don't have a good record on upkeep of aircraft and that alone scares me. Remember, you get what you pay for, especially with airlines.

Do a check on airfares comparing the hassle of flying to another city out of Barcelona, and just flying home from Barcelona. You run the risk of lost luggage and other hassles when you fly around Europe.

Archived