Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

I have 105 days until I am sailing away on my first 10 day cruise! I have been hitting the end of summer sales and found some nice pieces to take on the cruise. I am on the hunt for flat sandals, since mine are getting a little old and worn. In November I will start figuring out the outfits and post some pictures.

Lisa

Hi! I just found some really cute/dressy flat sandals at Kohls this weekend....$54.99 clearanced for $12.99. I cannot get a picture to post, but they are black patent with a silver logo medallion. Flat but really cushy!

We leave in 33 days!!! I just picked up two tankini tops on clearance at kohls. I need to find a couple maxi dresses or sun dresses to round out my summer wardrobe.

Once the kids start school next week I'll have more time to focus on shopping and hopefully find some good stuff on clearance racks. :)

Whew! Our 2-in-1 Vacation with Family is over...sad that it will be 10 months until we're all together again (for the Family Cruise on Oasis:cool:)...but happy to have some time at our main house.

All 23 family members left the lake by Saturday mid-morning (some were in our cottage, the rest in rented cottages). DH & I cleaned up, washed ALL those towels and bedding and left Sunday AM.

Monday 5:30 AM we left for Rehoboth.

Since DDLs family has a condo there, and hadn't seen the kids for awhile, DH and I stayed in a hotel nearby. To give all of them time together...I shopped :) while DH & DS played golf.

And I had a very fruitful time - 2 summer knit dresses, 2 fun skirts, 2 tops, a couple pairs of earrings.

Then...DH & I were walking on Rehoboth Avenue (the main shopping area) when he pointed to a dress in the window of White House, Black Market and said...."I really like that, why don't you try it on?" It fit beautifully and when he heard the price, I thought he would cringe...but being a wonderful DH, he bought it...plus the earrings that were recommended and go beautifully!

I'll post photos next week.

The salesgirl in that shop was delightful, and very helpful. While I was trying on the dress, she wanted to know DHs name, then went to him and started talking Pittsburgh sports!

She brought me a pair of heels that would show off the dress better (even though they were way too big and she knew they wouldn't be part of the sale). She suggested jewelry ideas even before seeing the earrings.

Anyway, I now have the perfect dress for a September outdoor wedding:).

CATCHING UP: It was so-o-o good to see lots of posts and a question, too! What a great idea to see how close to SailAway we are and keep the enthusiasm going:cool:.

The number of days till our Feb cruise is 183 and till our June Family Cruise, 309.

To All Who Are Trying/Succeeding in Losing Weight: We're here to support each other and I can say from experience, you will love the way you look and feel when you are happy with the reflection in the mirror. The effort pays off in good health, too!

TNGALONG: I love your cruising profile!

So, my cruise doesn't sail until the 19th, but we are leaving tomorrow to spend some time on the island (PR) before we cruise.

I am going to save my vacation spread sheet lists for future use because I think it will take less time to just update them instead of starting new.

I will try to have DH take some pictures of me in my outfits so I can post a few when I get back.

01 Cobra: Keeping your spreadsheets saves lots of time. It's at least a starting point. All CCFs who take the time to list all outfit components would benefit from your suggestion:cool:.

All of my spreadsheets are in the scrapbook for each cruise. It's fun to look at what was worn on Cruise #1 that still makes the cut:).

There's always been a couple new cruise-worthy items that get added and a few pieces that have been worn many times and get relinquished to the summer wardrobe.

Hi Nancy, We are off in early and mid September to do family trips Outer Banks and Jersey shore...after kids get back in school:) Our Feb. cruise seems so far away but with your help I know I will get excited picking out clothes. Hit Goodwill yesterday and found some cute stuff AGAIN! Talk to ya soon:)

plank: So good to hear from you! Our next cruise is in February, too. We'll get some good suggestions from other CCFs before then, I'm sure:).

While driving to Rehoboth, we had a Washington DC radio station on. The commentator talked about a website - Goodwill Fashionista! Of course, the fashionista part caught my attention. I googled the name and saw lots of photos - mostly of great bargains for office attire. But still a fun way to promote Goodwill.

Glad to hear you found some cute stuff:cool:.

If I haven't mentioned it before, I LOVE palm trees (and the tropical feeling they invoke) - so when walking the boardwalk at Rehoboth (where there are no palm trees), I spotted this one...as tacky as a fake tree with lights might be, it IS a palm tree. ;)

DH snapped a photo. I'm wearing a top from Coldwater Creek. My alterations lady took it in a little to make it fit better. The shorts are Ralph Lauren and the shoes are Clarks. Clarks could put me on their payroll since I sing their praises so often:)

232323232%7Ffp%3B%3A9%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3573924868335nu0mrj

I fly out next Wed in to Amsterdam....will spend 2 nights there and take the train into Rotterdam on Sat Aug 25 for a 2 week cruise thu Norway & Scotland....will be going with one of my gay guy friends from CA....getting really excited as this will be the first time in Europe....going to Memphis tomorrow so I can go shopping at Ross :)

arhillbilly: Yes! We want to see photos and read details - what you're wearing and how Norwegians and Scots dress (and any other tidbits you would like to add!)

ChrisRoo: Thank you for the hair comment. This is the new color and the style is starting to look like what I envision. It will take a few more months to get the one length my hair needs to be.

Already I can see that color won't need to be touched up as often. With darker hair color, the white roots were showing at 4 weeks. Well, 4 weeks is here and roots aren't noticeable:).

Below is another casual outfit. The top is Gap - nice, light-weight fabric for the heat & humdity we had in Rehoboth. The shorts are an Australian brand (they're at the cleaners so I can't check).

The necklace is one of the fun jewelry pieces purchased in Rehoboth; and the shoes are my favorite all-day Naots, this time in silver.

I'll post the photo of the dress DH bought in my next post.

Edited by indiana71

Oops! I clicked Submit Reply before pasting the photo! As soon as I upload a couple photos, they'll be posted.

232323232%7Ffp%3B76%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D357392486%3B335nu0mrj

Indiana...cute outfit, LOVE the beaded necklace! Can I ask where you purchased it? I'm thinking it would go great with some of my more casual summer dresses and maxi dresses. I'd like to pick one up for my upcoming cruise. Any info would be appreciated! :)

KeithsKelly: The necklace came from Faraway Places. It's located in Penny Lane. The shop doesn't have a website (when I googled the name, a merchant list came up), but if you look for Faraway Places, Rehoboth DE you should get info.

Here's the dress DH liked at White House, Black Market. The earrings aren't very noticeable but they are red beaded dangles (same red as in the dress):

232323232%7Ffp%3B49%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3573%3B389%3A8335nu0mrj

While I'm showing WH-BM, here's one of my favorite tops, purchased last year from the same shop. The shoes are from Payless (inexpensive but fun AND comfy). The Capris are Coldwater Creek. (Sorry about the sour look, it was a beautiful day - why wasn't I smiling???!!)

232323232%7Ffp%3B62%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3573%3B545%3C4335nu0mrj

Edited by indiana71

Indiana, thanks for the info! I've only been to Rehoboth once several years ago, but I remember scouring the little shops and finding lots of treasures! I'll look them up for sure. And the dress? STUNNING! :D

Edited by KeithsKelly

Indiana,

I love that dress on you, and your black shirt is sooooo cute. I love the flowers.

What is your white necklace (the one in the first picture)made of? Can you post a picture of just the necklace? I LOVE it and since I live on the opposite end of the states from you I thought I could maybe make one similar to it if you don't mind.

Edited by TNGALOHA

Nancy, I love palm trees and dragonflies. You are so blond! I love it! I went real dark, but the sun has turned me back to strawberry blond so I will wait til fall I guess to go dark again. Always love your outfits!!! Send Bill our best!!! Want to see some of his pics:) P.

TNGALOHA: Copying is the best form of flattery!! I don't mind at all if you make a necklace like mine. Truly, I'm a little envious that you can make jewelry - that's something I've never tried.

plank: Yes, my hair is really blond...Looking in the mirror is something I'm getting used to;). And this is the longest it's been since my teenage years!!

Bill says "Hello"!:cool:

TNGALOHA: Copying is the best form of flattery!! I don't mind at all if you make a necklace like mine. Truly, I'm a little envious that you can make jewelry - that's something I've never tried.

plank: Yes, my hair is really blond...Looking in the mirror is something I'm getting used to;). And this is the longest it's been since my teenage years!!

Bill says "Hello"!:cool:

Indiana,

I made one something like it this morning. It is pink instead of clear. I like when I am copying a piece to not make it exactly as the original just in case they have it copyrighted. This way it is very similar but not exact. Here is a picture of it.

http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=0f19e574d6c2445f2a944dfefaeb216b

I hope this works. Yeah, it worked!!!

Indiana,

I made one something like it this morning. It is pink instead of clear. I like when I am copying a piece to not make it exactly as the original just in case they have it copyrighted. This way it is very similar but not exact. Here is a picture of it.

http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=0f19e574d6c2445f2a944dfefaeb216b

I hope this works. Yeah, it worked!!!

Sorry, it didn't work I will work on it later tonight and maybe I can get it to work.

Edited by TNGALOHA