alcohol in suites on pacific dawn

soggy mastiff

here is a link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1345711

and the answer to your question is no they do not supply alcohol in the suites or mini suites or any cabins,

un less they have changed that in the last three months.

you can buy alcohol and take it back to your cabin.

you do get free water in the suites

Thied, I have been informed somewhat emphatically (by P&O) that alcochol WILL be delivered only to suites and mini-suites on P&O ships but NOT to any other cabin type.

We leave next Thursday so I'll reply back here live next Thursday pm or Friday.

Cheers

Di

I was in a Mini Suite this time last year and my understanding was you could not purchase bottles of Spirits from anywhere on the Ship other than duty free regardless of which Cabin you were in.

It would be a vary hard thing to justify to the rest of the passengers when the reason they are so strict on many alcohol related issues is due to "responsible serving of alcohol"

Good luck with it anyway.

Thied, I have been informed somewhat emphatically (by P&O) that alcochol WILL be delivered only to suites and mini-suites on P&O ships but NOT to any other cabin type.

Cheers

Di

thats great news.

I should have added that they do bring alcochol to your cabin on cocktail nights when we have stayed in a suite wine , beer or a mixed drink and canapes are in both mini siute and suite and you all get a well abourd glass of wine in both but have not every got ot know what a sweet dreams surprise is yet . may have to ask for one one the next cruise soon.

They do not like you taking acochol as in bottles of wine back to your cabin and more so if there are children with you.

as for getting alcochol any other time well that will be new.

Cheers

Di

hi Di, you'll have to come back to Princess as you can bring on bottles of wine and every port you can get more

Hi Bob,

Good to hear from you. Not hearing any good reviews about the Pearl. This cruise was the only one available at this time so we decided to take a chance. That probably sounds awful to people who are dedicated P&O cruisers but really, this is not sounding good. This alcohol policy on P&P is a crock of you know what. Once again the majority has to pay for that certain sad incident caused by a couple of morons.

P&O need to be upfront about their room service policy in relation to alcohol BEFORE people pay $10K, or for that matter $2K. This point needs to be followed up (and maybe I'll do that). Their money-grabbing policy of not allowing anyone to take a bottle on board is just aggravating BUT it is in the fine print. So far their wine list is not good and needless to say, grossly overpriced. At least Princess allow you to bring wine on board and they do have a good range of wines available for purchase.

It's not unreasonable for the average person to believe that if a ship/hotel is offering room service then alcohol would be available to a passenger over the age of 20 years. I have spoken to P&O on several occasions and have been assured that we can have wine and beer delivered to us as we're in a mini-suite. I have diarised my conversation and will take it further if that is not the case. We are not worried about spirits as we don't drink them, however I'd be very annoyed if we did and they didn't deliver - what is the difference? Booze is Booze! Someone else on this forum has asked why we should get it and not the other cabins and I would be voicing the same opinion if I were in their 'boat'.

In the meantime you can get a 'wine only' package delivered to your 'cabin' but it must be booked and paid BEFORE we board. I didn't ask for qualification as to the 'type of cabin'.

We're also concerned about toilet blockages - what's that all about? They say it's because people put 'things' down them. Well, sorry but as most of us have cruised on other ships and not had this happen, has the Pacific Pearl all of a sudden gotten 'the' passengers who like to put 'things' down the dunny? Really, do they think we're that stupid?

Other problem so far is cold food? Hello, don't they promote great food?

We will be returning to Princess (after our cruise on the Celebrity Century). We are looking at doing that 75 night half-world (probably 2013) - what about you and Kay?

All in all, we're still hoping for the best, I'm the eternal optimist:) and will report live from the Pearl.

All the best,

Di & Tony

PS: Sorry, that was a bit long-winded!

I am sorry Di I mixed you up with Soggy Mastiff regarding the Bourbon.

I think most just do their own thing and take some in their case, whats the worst that can happen? they confiscate it, Alcohol is not illegal and it is just a company policy.

I have kids and when we go to the Cinema we take our own Lollies although we still buy drinks and stuff from the Candy Bar.

If we did not do that we would not be going to see a Movie because of the cost.

Same with a Cruise, if we have a Balcony or Suite (or any other Cabin for that matter) I want to sit out there with a nice beverage.

My Bar bill is as much as anybody else's.

I am sure P&O know this already and accept the way things are.

Hi Macca,

Yes, thinking of putting a bottle of Verve in one of the cases as they don't sell it on board. As we spend an awful lot on wine/beer as we host a lot of 'parties' and I'm sure other CC'ers who know us would agree. They bring their fair share of wine/beer/bubbles also which they have both brought and bought on board. As you say, worst case scenario is they'll confiscate it from us naughty brats and give it back to us the night before disembarkation which we will quickly drink like the good soaks that we are!:rolleyes:

thanks all for your help everyone. reason i asked i was on the norwiegen wind cruising hawaii in a suite and my buttler said "please pick 3 bottles from our bar for your bar" and i knew i was home, liked it that much we did it twice,still spent heaps at the bars too, well i'am on hollidays you know... guess i'll have a go at one in my bag and see. good luck with your cruising all, and thanks again :eek:

If you put "one in the bag" it will be picked up most likely before you board. I've had one confiscated in the past. Made for late delivery of luggage and embarrassment. In my experience of more than 30 cruises, I've found Sydney to be particularly strict with checking luggage, even to the extent of confiscating nail sissors!!!

HAL allows you to buy before you sail from quite a comprehensive list of alcohol (beer, wine, spirits). My next sailing I have pre cruise, ordered and paid for, a bottle of whisky to be delivered whilst at sea. This saves local State Govt taxes which might be due, ie in the US different States have different taxes due if delivered to your cabin before sailing. I think I can wait a couple of hours!!!

Archived