Booking through NCL website

jmcdon7230

Am I missing something or is it actually impossible to use your future cruise credit as a deposit when booking through the NCL website?

Check out the prices etc on the website, even place a hold on a cruise and then call to have your FCC applied.

Am I missing something or is it actually impossible to use your future cruise credit as a deposit when booking through the NCL website?

You can't do the payment online. What you can do is complete your entire reservation online and then do the "hold" which holds it for a few days. It gives you a reservation number. Then you can just call the 800# and make your payment using the FCC for that reservation.

Just did my deposit payment today with this same process.

You can't do the payment online. What you can do is complete your entire reservation online and then do the "hold" which holds it for a few days. It gives you a reservation number. Then you can just call the 800# and make your payment using the FCC for that reservation.

Right, I saw that. But you would think that you could input your Latitudes number and the FCC would show up.

Right, I saw that. But you would think that you could input your Latitudes number and the FCC would show up.

that would make sense! and once I actually paid the deposit, they put a supervisor on the phone to confirm the entire reservation (dates/form of payment, etc.). I had to pay a full deposit because I booked a suite so the FCC didn't serve as only deposit.

Is the initial deposit $500 for two? Is the deposit higher if one books a mini-suite or regular suite? Thanks, Jan

If you book a full suite, you need to put the full deposit (which is $500 per person). I had to put $2000 but I used the $250 FCC and then $1750 on a credit card.

If you reserve any other stateroom you can just use the $250 FCC as your deposit - no other monies are necessary (so if you book a balcony and the deposit was supposed to be $500, you can just use the $250 FCC to secure your reservation). It doesn't change the price of the cruise at all, just that you can put less down as a deposit.

Hope that makes sense!

If you book a full suite, you need to put the full deposit (which is $500 per person). I had to put $2000 but I used the $250 FCC and then $1750 on a credit card.

I have just used a Cruise Reward today to book an SF cabin on the Dawn that is a full suite. So the $250 does become the full deposit.

Just the really fancy suites that need an "enhanced deposit" can't use just one Cruise Reward as the full deposit.

When you are slumming it just one will do the trick. :D

I am new to NCL and was just asking about the Cruise Rewards in another post. I wish it both showed up online that you have them and that you could use them to make an online booking.

But I do like being able to put a hold on a reservation and getting a booking number at that point, so calling to have the Cruise Reward applied would be pretty quick I would think.

Archived