Just a thought...

Bridge Maven

I have a lot of problems with cruise critic that I don't have with other websites. One thing that occurred to me is that I have my browser preferences set to block all third party cookies. Since cruise critic is "free" maybe they depend on those third party cookies for revenue and by blocking them I am making their website more difficult to use.

What kind of problems ar you having. The only problem I have is that at times it loads slowly.

Rosieo, the problems I am having are extremely slow loading of cruise critic pages and a very long response time when I hit submit reply to a cruise critic post., but cruise critic is the only website where I have these problems.

Rosieo, the problems I am having are extremely slow loading of cruise critic pages and a very long response time when I hit submit reply to a cruise critic post., but cruise critic is the only website where I have these problems.

I also seem to get more popups, even with my popup blocker set on the highest setting. I also have an extra popup blocker. Nothing seems to keep them all out, but I always get some on CC. Bill

I also seem to get more popups, even with my popup blocker set on the highest setting. I also have an extra popup blocker. Nothing seems to keep them all out, but I always get some on CC. Bill

I use Google Chrome and don't get any pop-ups from this site. On my work computer I use Firefox and don't get any pop-ups.

As far as the slowness goes I think this site tends to get overloaded.

I use Internet Explorer 8. I don't recall getting any pop-ups from Cruise Critic nor even seeing my pop-up blocker clicking/flashing to indicate it stopped a pop-up.

From time to time Cruise Critic slows to a crawl. I presume this is at peak times when their traffic is very high or during maintenance when some of their servers might be down with volume shifted onto the remaining units. In any event the occasional slow downs seem frequent but not constant on every computer I've used and are probably not due to your computer set-up.

I use Internet Explorer 8. I don't recall getting any pop-ups from Cruise Critic nor even seeing my pop-up blocker clicking/flashing to indicate it stopped a pop-up.

From time to time Cruise Critic slows to a crawl. I presume this is at peak times when their traffic is very high or during maintenance when some of their servers might be down with volume shifted onto the remaining units. In any event the occasional slow downs seem frequent but not constant on every computer I've used and are probably not due to your computer set-up.

LSimon, thanks for the feedback about my computer set up. I had thought that it might be necessary to adjust by cookie settings to be more compatible with cruise critic.

Archived