Just off of the Crown (Sat 12th)

nhcpl57

First of all let me tell you we are both in our early 50s, married and traveling with another married couple in the next room. We have cruised before but only on Royal (three times) which we both loved. We are non smokers, we like our coffee and tea, we love good food and nice beds.

Soooo after reading some of the posts about the Crown and Princess we were a little nervous about our choice to go with a different cruise line this time.

Let me tell you all, This was the BEST cruise we have been on by far. I.m.o. The food was great both in the dining rooms and the buffet, The Bed was also very comfortable (We did get a eggshell thingie on arrival) There were people smoking both sides of our balcony cabin (A608) and we were never bothered by smoke smell once. The Coffee for us was ok. The staff and service on the ship is second to none, I don't know how they keep smiling every day. Fellow cruisers were all friendly and polite. Getting on and off the ship was fast and relaxed, luggage pickup was fast and easy. The Weather was Great, never had more than 1.5 foot seas. Luved the ports. Our high point was in Roatan, We rented a Taxi for a day (four people) $20 each. We had gone shopping before the cruise ad bought a duffel bag full of small note books, crayons, Pens, Pencils, Bubbles, and a few other things. So we asked our driver to take us to the real Roatan. He took us to his house, his neighborhood was full of little children. We got out of the taxi and started to empty the duffel bag, The children were so excited an so polite all with the most beautiful smiles you ever did see, I just wish we had more. O.M.G. how can we moan about anything.... we have soo much to be thankful for. We also went to the Cameo Factory and the beach that day and the driver took us to a local place to eat (we would have never stopped at this place on our own to eat) Nice friendly native people, Great meal and so cheep.

Princess Cays was a nice relaxing beach day where we snorkeled and saw loads of fish.

any questions Please feel free to ask,,,,

032.jpg.b0fdd4870df95a24011ac68bcfdb6bcc.jpg

hi There

Good to hear nice things about the Crown, when we were in Rotaan our taxi driver took us to a small place to eat we had to walk along the beach to get to it, food was excellant, we bought our driver a meal there.

Size of offerings were massive

yours Shogun

I'm curious about where you went to eat. When we went with Victor Boden tours we would up at what seemed like his friend's place to eat (SO overpriced) and his friend's tacky, overpriced souvenir shop.... The tour itself was very good, but depositing us at THEIR choice of $10 mediocre burger stops wasn't.

I,m not sure of the name of the place we went to eat, It was in the hills, a small block building with half the roof missing, a couple of dogs. We also bought our cab driver lunch, he had steak, rice, plantain, beans and potato. I had the same only chicken, Wife had stewed Chicken mixed veg, rice and beans, other couple had same as me. We had a berry drink kinda like a smoothy each. very large servings VERY VERY good food and a lovely smiling native Lady $30 for five people. We gave her $40 for a meal that we would expect to pay about $120 in the U.S.

I'm curious about where you went to eat. When we went with Victor Boden tours we would up at what seemed like his friend's place to eat (SO overpriced) and his friend's tacky, overpriced souvenir shop.... The tour itself was very good, but depositing us at THEIR choice of $10 mediocre burger stops wasn't.

Just a few photo's we took of the Children, sorry can't seem to load photos. Will work on it. Giving to the Children was the highlight of our cruise, There beautiful smiles and happiness was humbling. We are looking at more ways to help these Children, I was told that they can not attend school unless they have shoe's. We have a contact in Roatan. maybe i could ask Walmart to donate :)

Crocs have a program by which they ask Croc wearers to turn in their used Crocs when buying a new pair. They then give these shoes to those in need. Perhaps they will consider giving these children shoes so they can go to school.

How very kind of you to give these children gifts. You are special!

What a beautiful trip report:)

How thoughtful of you to bring things for the children, that made my morning:D

It's nice to know there are still amazing people who care in the world!

How very true! So glad you enjoyed your trip.

Thank you for posting such a positive review of the Crown.

Roatan: when visiting this port, I try to bring pencils, erasers, lined paper etc. and have a taxi driver drive us to a more 'needy' school for this donation. We are so fortunate to have what we have and to be able to share and give to others...love doing this!:)

First of all let me tell you we are both in our early 50s, married and traveling with another married couple in the next room. We have cruised before but only on Royal (three times) which we both loved. We are non smokers, we like our coffee and tea, we love good food and nice beds.

Soooo after reading some of the posts about the Crown and Princess we were a little nervous about our choice to go with a different cruise line this time.

Let me tell you all, This was the BEST cruise we have been on by far. I.m.o. The food was great both in the dining rooms and the buffet, The Bed was also very comfortable (We did get a eggshell thingie on arrival) There were people smoking both sides of our balcony cabin (A608) and we were never bothered by smoke smell once. The Coffee for us was ok. The staff and service on the ship is second to none, I don't know how they keep smiling every day. Fellow cruisers were all friendly and polite. Getting on and off the ship was fast and relaxed, luggage pickup was fast and easy. The Weather was Great, never had more than 1.5 foot seas. Luved the ports. Our high point was in Roatan, We rented a Taxi for a day (four people) $20 each. We had gone shopping before the cruise ad bought a duffel bag full of small note books, crayons, Pens, Pencils, Bubbles, and a few other things. So we asked our driver to take us to the real Roatan. He took us to his house, his neighborhood was full of little children. We got out of the taxi and started to empty the duffel bag, The children were so excited an so polite all with the most beautiful smiles you ever did see, I just wish we had more. O.M.G. how can we moan about anything.... we have soo much to be thankful for. We also went to the Cameo Factory and the beach that day and the driver took us to a local place to eat (we would have never stopped at this place on our own to eat) Nice friendly native people, Great meal and so cheep.

Princess Cays was a nice relaxing beach day where we snorkeled and saw loads of fish.

any questions Please feel free to ask,,,,

I asked you to be a friend on this site. I would love to learn more about how you arranged your off-the-beaten-track excursion. I am 51 and my mother is 79 and we are always up for real adventures. We'd love to book a taxi to take us to do what we really want to do - snorkeling, good food, the cameo place. Anything you can tell us would be very much appreciated. Chimp

Yes we did go, Secretariat, Salt, 127 hours, flipped, The next three days, Dinner for Schmucks, Magamind, Knight and day,toy story 3, Oceans, You again, u2 concert,waiting for superman, tina turner concert,Killers, Superbowl, Despicable me, The Social Network, Inception... I know i missed a couple :) I still have all the Patters

glad to see you relly enjoyed princess. we have cruise 5 + times on rccl and princess and am asked about the two. my question is did you go to muts and what was playing at night?

We just went out to the left and got our own Taxi, there was a guy there who called over the next taxi in line, The guy gave us a price of $150 for the day (devided by four people) i told him $80, he tried a couple more 130 -120 but i stuck o $80 and he went for it. All day wherever we wanted to go. We told our Driver Julio what we wanted and he said he had some great ideas. This way worked out so much cheaper and i think better than the bigger tour operators. He also took us to a place that had Monkeys , Birds, ad a few other animals, We loved the Monkeys climbing all over us :). I got talking to our Driver and found out that they can only pick up once a day from the cruise ship because there are over 300 taxis and you would have to go to the end of the line..So he was only allowed one pickup and its the luck of the draw. I would say that why they don't like short $10 trips. Any how our Driver was Julio his phone number is 011 (from USA) 504 98 171995 this man has a family and says its hard to make a living. We ended up paying him well over what we agreed (our idea) He was worth every penny. If you call him he would be so happy to meet you right off of the boat. We are talking with him and he is helping us with getting a few things to the Children.

Steve and Carol

I asked you to be a friend on this site. I would love to learn more about how you arranged your off-the-beaten-track excursion. I am 51 and my mother is 79 and we are always up for real adventures. We'd love to book a taxi to take us to do what we really want to do - snorkeling, good food, the cameo place. Anything you can tell us would be very much appreciated. Chimp

Sorry Taxis were to the right NOT left :cool:

We just went out to the left and got our own Taxi, there was a guy there who called over the next taxi in line, The guy gave us a price of $150 for the day (devided by four people) i told him $80, he tried a couple more 130 -120 but i stuck o $80 and he went for it. All day wherever we wanted to go. We told our Driver Julio what we wanted and he said he had some great ideas. This way worked out so much cheaper and i think better than the bigger tour operators. He also took us to a place that had Monkeys , Birds, ad a few other animals, We loved the Monkeys climbing all over us :). I got talking to our Driver and found out that they can only pick up once a day from the cruise ship because there are over 300 taxis and you would have to go to the end of the line..So he was only allowed one pickup and its the luck of the draw. I would say that why they don't like short $10 trips. Any how our Driver was Julio his phone number is 011 (from USA) 504 98 171995 this man has a family and says its hard to make a living. We ended up paying him well over what we agreed (our idea) He was worth every penny. If you call him he would be so happy to meet you right off of the boat. We are talking with him and he is helping us with getting a few things to the Children.

Steve and Carol

Archived