Price Drop???

Due to some personal circumstances, I haven't been able to book a certain cruise that I've been dreaming of. The prices have gone up a lot and now I definitely can't afford it. If/when do prices start to drop for cruises in August?

No way to answer your question correctly without more details so that history could be considered. Prices only drop if the ship isn't full and very few are not sailing few in the current pricing market.

We are booked for this cruise in an inside cabin. I keep checking to see if the prices are going to drop so we can get an oceanview or balcony. Looks like the oceanview are sold out for this sailing. The price of the balcony cabins are $1,000 higher than our inside cabin. The price of the inside cabins actually went up the other day. I have a feeling this is going to be a very full ship! :eek:

We are taking my daughter and I have a feeling many other people are taking their kids on this cruise too since everyone will still be out of school. I guess we will have to be satisfied with our inside cabin even though my hubby and I will not get to sleep together. Daughter is too scared to sleep in the upper bunk as she has a fear of heights. We're hoping she might be able and willing to sleep on the loveseat, but we're not getting our hopes too high. :confused:

July and early-mid August are peak, peak vacation times. You can get a decent price, but you have to either book early or catch a price drop somewhere along the way.

I've been following a lot of summer cruises (husband gets vaca during summer) and while prices went down up until about October of last year, they seem to have risen again. I think that once the holidays are over (January) people start to think about summer vacation plans and things fill up quickly. You may luck out after final but then you have to worry about airfare.

If you could hold off til late August, early September, I think you'd have more selection.

My brother and his family are booked on this cruise so I'm really wanting to join them. If I book now and prices drop will I be able to get the new rate? I've only been on one cruise so far so not sure how this works? I really appreciate the replies!

My brother and his family are booked on this cruise so I'm really wanting to join them. If I book now and prices drop will I be able to get the new rate? I've only been on one cruise so far so not sure how this works? I really appreciate the replies!

You can, up until the date of final payment. (May 24th in this case) Then, no price drops.

But if you really want to go with your family, you better book now. You are far more likely to be shut out of the cruise entirely than find a last minute bargain.

Archived