Cayenas del Mar Beach Club

cruisinfanatic

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone? How far is it from port and do you have any pictures?

It's not far from the Pier but you probably can reach this place by taxi/ water taxi only; spent about an hour on this private beach back in December 24th 2010 (at the end of a cruise ship excursion; read on another thread that they have day passes available too).

As requested, please feel free to browse through some pictures from that expertience (starting # 581 to 716):

http://2010holidaycruisemercury.shutterfly.com/pictures/3039

Had a great time and hope you'll enjoy this place too!

• 3 weeks later...

We went to the boat yard several years ago and thought it was the worst beach we've ever been to anywhere. SOOO much noise, jet skies zipping everywhere you had to stay out of there way because they sure weren't look out for you. Never again. We had taken the recommendation of our room stewart. Never again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow! what a price difference. for us it will be 190 dollars to go to cayo. Not sure if that is worth it. Hopefully someone will post about this place. I was thinking of doing the day pass which includes 2 free drinks per person. hopefully will get some more comments

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First, let me tell you that there is no JET SKI company operating or located in Playa Anadel where Cayenas del Mar is, this might have been true in the past but not nowadays.

They do offer some interesting Activities and Excursions for your Cruise Ship.

The BEACH DAY seems to be very affordable and they offer transportation form the Port of Samana directly to their Beach Club. :)

http://cayenasdelmar-anadel.com/

Steve

Tour Guide in Las Terrenas

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

We visited Cayenas on our recent cruise during Christmas. Originally, we were told that we would be picked up by boat at 11am. We were about 15 mins early and there was no sign of the boat. As we waited there was a lot of taxis and tour operators trying to take us to Cayenas. Around 11 Gio arrived and told us that we were now going by road. He first had to convince me that he was who he said he was and not one of the operators. Once satisfied, we went onto one of the open buses. Gio wo took us explained that a boat operates only when there are 30 people or more. After about a 10 min ride the bus turned down a dirt track. I have to admit I did feel a little scared, however the track opened up to a beautiful cove.

Gio took us to the office and we paid out money. I think I had a 10% discount for reserving online. We paid $16 for the transport, beach chairs and parasol and 2 drinks. Some family members had a club sandwich and fries which were great and reasonable priced. The toilets and showers were spotless and very clean. Jonny the barman brought a wicker basket with fresh rolled up white towels adorned with sprigs of fresh flowers for a shower before returning. Lovely touches..

It's not a white sandy beach, but still a lovely beach. The atmosphere was relaxed and chilled, with the music, beer and run flowing! Anything we wanted we were told to shout for Jonny or Gio!!! They were very attentive.

Another lady offered massages on the beach which my DIL had and throughly enjoyed. My family and I had the beach to ourselves till mid afternoon.

Once ready to go back to the ship we called for Gio and was taken promptly back to the port.

I would recommend this day pass to anyone going to Samana. Apart from the confusion with the transport we couldn't fault the service we received and would definiately go back here if we ever return to Samana. (on second thoughts I'm giving away a secret gem!)

Hi all,

Another lady offered massages on the beach which my DIL had and throughly enjoyed

Sounds perfect!!

Can you tell more about the massages? How long and how much? Was there a "privacy" curtain or did you just wear your bathing suit? Anything else?

Hi,

There was no privacy curtain. But as we were the only ones on the beach so it wasn't a problem. It was just off the beach and seemed quite private. My DIL had her bikinis on. It was $25 for half and hour but I'm sure it was for longer.

There was nobody pestering you on the beach, I think it's because it's a private area.

Anything else please ask.:)

Archived