Explorer Grand Suite

uncleah

If anyone wants pics of a specific room, you can google it and often find links to your specific cabin e.g. suite 1560 explorer of the seas

I always do those and often find reviews with regard to any noise, location, room attendants, etc. For all new suite sailors, beware it is hard to go back once you sail in one. Have fun!

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

I was just searching the forum for any voyager class grand suites 1260 & 1264...we have them coming up (sigh...not soon enough!) on Adventure with our friends.

Thank you for posting the pictures.

Mary

I have pictures of 1574 on Explorer in my reviews (links in signature). We stayed in that suite both times, so either will have pictures.

You are going to LOVE the suite.

Kelly, I loved, LOVED both of your reviews. You and your hubby look like a blast! We are cruising on Adventure - southern caribbean route. I wanted to take Allure and go on an Eastern route but our friends really wanted southern.

Why not join us?? We are pretty fun ourselves and Crystal and Dave are as well. Dave is a TALKER...Doug would love him!

Anyway - I spent the morning reading the reviews and love the pictures as well. I'm trying hard to lose weight for this cruise as I'm super short 4'11" and it's so hard to keep it off. I'd be over the moon with 30 lbs off and really happy with 20.

Take care and thanks so much! Mary

The balconies do not open to connect. If 1264 is the next cabin going aft from 1260 then the cabins connect.

I didn't think they did on the Voyager class...is that what you took? At least that's what everyone is telling me. Mary

I didn't think they did on the Voyager class...is that what you took? At least that's what everyone is telling me. Mary

The balconies do not open up on the Voyager class because of their steel structure.

Voyager class is not identical. Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure have an all metal balcony structure and cannot be opened. Navigator and Mariner balconies are different and can be opened.

Edited by clarea

Kelly, I loved, LOVED both of your reviews. You and your hubby look like a blast! We are cruising on Adventure - southern caribbean route. I wanted to take Allure and go on an Eastern route but our friends really wanted southern.

Why not join us?? We are pretty fun ourselves and Crystal and Dave are as well. Dave is a TALKER...Doug would love him!

Anyway - I spent the morning reading the reviews and love the pictures as well. I'm trying hard to lose weight for this cruise as I'm super short 4'11" and it's so hard to keep it off. I'd be over the moon with 30 lbs off and really happy with 20.

Take care and thanks so much! Mary

Mary, that sounds like such fun! We do like to have a good time. Losing weight/maintaining...gosh is that work. Worth it though :)

We're doing Grandeur in November and then Liberty next October. Maybe we'll meet up sometime in the years after? I really want to do a Radiance class ship sometime, and we're planning to do Panama Canal in '19 for our 30th anniversary.

Voyager class is not identical. Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure have an all metal balcony structure and cannot be opened. Navigator and Mariner balconies are different and can be opened.

Oh I keep forgetting that! Have been on Explorer twice and never thought about the metal balconies but after cruising on Freedom class I was kind of bummed to go back to the metal. BUT that just means more privacy on the balcony. Our rooms are connected so at least we don't have to go out to the hall.

Kelly, In the future then. Since DH's first cruise was a suite (NCL Jewel) I don't think I'll get him in a balcony again after this cruise! I like a suite because it enables you to SLOW DOWN and enjoy the room. I do like going all around the ship but there's a peace about laying in bed and watching the ocean!