Aft Balconies on the Dream

smiles998

:eek: I'm in room 6684 I hope I can't hear it up there??? They should try to make the clubs more soundproof.

It would be my best guess the noise would dissipate before the 6th deck. It was the base reverberation that could be felt and heard,not really the music. But I would suspect only a slight vibration from the props would affect your room.:)

It would be my best guess the noise would dissipate before the 6th deck. It was the base reverberation that could be felt and heard,not really the music. But I would suspect only a slight vibration from the props would affect your room.:)

I'm hoping not, it's just too bad anyone has to listen/feel it. It's just that it goes on so late at night. I totally understand the people in the clubs want to have a good time too.:D

We are in 5150. Anyone hear about noise there from lounge!

There is a review for this cabin and its balcony now posted on Disboards. The only noise issue reflected in that review was from kids in the hallway. This cabin is next to the kid's club, so there is more traffic than in many locations. If you can switch to 5650, it is a mirror image, but on a dead end hallway.

We have 5150 booked on the Fantasy for next Fall. My husband loves the photos of the cabin, but I haven't yet had the nerve to tell him the cabin number. In California, 5150 means an involuntary pyschiatric hold and is often used as a short hand to say that some one is crazy! -- Suzanne

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Betty! I'm back from the Dream and 10664 was great. The verandah is huge! The only portion that can be seen from Cabanas is the very front of the verandah. Unfortunately, the design of the dividers also lets you see ontot your neighbors balconies from the front. Not a problem for us but good to know. We were ableto see the Buccanner Blast right over our balcony. that worked out great since my son had fallen asleep.

2167526500051653016MWLgtO_th.jpg

2981916790051653016lzeIlP_th.jpg

I think it looks like a great balcony! I can't wait until it's my turn in October. Stop back when you return and let us know if it's as good as it looks.

The only bad comments I've heard is that the divider slopes down to the railing, so when you are standing at the railing the divider is only waist high. So that eliminates some privacy.

I would like to see a picture when standing in the aft seating are of Cabanas looking down on the balconies. I suspect a portion of the balcony is visible from up top also.

Beth

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from being on the last part of b2b where our second room was 9674. When we went back on and before everyone else got on, we were allowed to our room. All of the other back aft rooms on 9 were open so I took a quick look at them and some pictures (I'll post once I get organized).

As most of you know, the two farthest outside are set up as HC and have huge decks. The others moving inward are very similar in terms of room layout and deck size. Ours measured roughly 9.5' wide by 11.5' deep. There were only two chairs and a table on the balconies. I didn't see any loungers although it was raining very hard so I didn't spend a lot of time looking outside at all the balconies.

While underway at 20 knots there is the normal back of ship feeling kind of like slight turbulence - pitch and roll. You will not miss the side thrusters when coming into ports! I'd say the normal motion was similar to what I've seen on other ships but the thrusters really shook the room more than what I was used to on other ships in the aft. In either case, the room was great.

Hi Betty! I'm back from the Dream and 10664 was great. The verandah is huge! The only portion that can be seen from Cabanas is the very front of the verandah. Unfortunately, the design of the dividers also lets you see ontot your neighbors balconies from the front. Not a problem for us but good to know. We were ableto see the Buccanner Blast right over our balcony. that worked out great since my son had fallen asleep.

2167526500051653016MWLgtO_th.jpg

2981916790051653016lzeIlP_th.jpg

Cyndi,

Thanks for posting. It looks like a great room and balcony. I can't wait, only 201 more days!

Archived