Homemade baby food?

Nikk723

Will be traveling on the FOS in a couple weeks, our 7 month old only eats homemade pureed fruits and veggies. Tried to introduce commercial baby food just to have some jars for cruise, he was not having it. After reading the boards (you can bring coke but not vanilla coke) has anyone had a problem bringing their own homemade baby food? Will the ship puree fruits and veggies for you? And do they provide a high chair for you (in cabin or MDR). Any info appreciated!

Depending on the age of the infant and the type of food they like a potato press or garlic press can do a decent job of instantly converting table food to baby food. This can be used on things like baked potatoes and sweet potatoes, rice, poached fruit, cooked veggies, bananas etc.

Will be traveling on the FOS in a couple weeks, our 7 month old only eats homemade pureed fruits and veggies. Tried to introduce commercial baby food just to have some jars for cruise, he was not having it. After reading the boards (you can bring coke but not vanilla coke) has anyone had a problem bringing their own homemade baby food? Will the ship puree fruits and veggies for you? And do they provide a high chair for you (in cabin or MDR). Any info appreciated!

they have high chairs in tme mdr. not sure about one for the cabin though

Most vegetables, if cooked well enough, can be mashed with a fork. Same with fruit. Are you doing cereal? That can be brought on easily. Another thought would be to get something like the Magic Bullet, like a small blender and bring back fruits and veg from the Windjammer for the baby.

I have a 15 month old who ate jarred food fine, we used Earth's Best which he loved. Have you been to a store like Whole Foods and gotten some of the other fancier foods out there? I know there is one made by Tyler Florence that combines some interesting flavors that my son liked. Those might be close to homemade.

Good luck!

I would definatly call ahead and ask. I just read on another thread but do not remember which ship just that it was Royal Caribbean. The person said they were traveling with thier 8 month old and that every day there was fresh made baby food for them . So call and ask . Save yourself the head ache of trying to pack food and of perhaps getting not quite the right answer on here. Good Luck and come back and let us know what you find out!

Haven't read that one. No soda of any kind is my understanding can be brought on though some do it.

I bring an individual blender as I make a protein shake since I cannot eat much meat. You can get this for about $10 at Walmart. Also, you could ask about the special needs department & email them with your request. They are ver accommodating at RCI. Happy Cruising with the little one!

They will puree table food...there's really no way to store homemade food....the dorm-style fridge just isn't suitable for "preservation"...it will chill drinks, but that's about it.

They are alot of "baby friendly" foods that won't need any real prep...applesauce, mashed potatoes, bananas, hot cereals, eggs....and veggies can be mashed or pureed...same with most meats.

Highchairs are avail.....no need to bring your own food or seating!

Yes we're doing cereal and oatmeal, so we'll be bringing that with us. We tried the Earth's Best line and did not have much success (ended up all over him and the floor). He's 7 months old and still on the basics apples, bananas, squash, etc.

We have a magic bullet (never thought of that) great idea! Didn't want to lug around my huge food processor.

Thank you for all the advice!

I'm going to call RCCL to see if they can accommodate us

So I called Royal Caribbean and homemade baby food is not allowed on ship. But at dinner they will provide pureed items at advance request. I was also going to bring a couple bags of frozen breastmilk (they will be thawed by the time we reach the cabin) I guess that is also not allowed either. So now we're on our search for commercial baby food that my son will take to (fussy eater) for breakfast and lunch. Thank you for all the advise.

Archived