Queen's Grill Maitre D Andrew Nelder

Oliver Wilson

Hello Oliver,

When speaking with Andrew whilst on board last December, he confirmed to us that he would be back on QV for our next voyage which is on 1st July this year, but I do not know the exact date of his return.

Regards,

David

Andrew really knows how to run a tight dining room, if a salt cellar is an eight of an inch out of line he will spot it and get it rectified.

We had him a few times in Princess Grill (my favorite) on QE2, and once in Queens Grill on QE2 when David Chambers broke his leg and was off work. Queens Grill was a vastly improved place with Andrew running it. He doesn't stand any nonsense.

• 4 weeks later...

Oliver,

We saw Andrew on QV last November. We are joining the ship in Fort Lauderdale on 29th March 2011. I believe from our conversation that was when he was re-joining the ship.

Richard

Richard, we'll be boarding with you on the 29th...as we've heard many good comments about Andrew Nelder, we too hope that he'll be our Maitre D.

There's a nice Roll Call that's developed for our sailing...please join on as there's a get-together planned for the first sea day.:)

Sandi & Mel

Last week aboard QV, I ask Osman if he would be aboard in the Fall. He told me that Andrew would be back for our November crossing, and that he (Osman) was leaving at Ft. Lauderdale later this month, so reading the tea leaves and other posts, it would appear that Andrew will join in March, and will remain aboard at least through 6th December.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

We're just off the QV yesterday after 11 wonderful days in the Caribbean and can confirm that Andrew is, indeed, in command of the grills. He just returned from leave at the start of our cruise on March 18 and quickly set straight a couple of problems that apparently had arisen in his absence. Very good guy with a wonderful idea for using the copies of the Queens Grill menus; ask him about it if you see him.

The food, by the way, was excellent, and included probably the best chateaubriand we've ever had.

We're just off the QV yesterday after 11 wonderful days in the Caribbean and can confirm that Andrew is, indeed, in command of the grills. He just returned from leave at the start of our cruise on March 18 and quickly set straight a couple of problems that apparently had arisen in his absence. Very good guy with a wonderful idea for using the copies of the Queens Grill menus; ask him about it if you see him.

The food, by the way, was excellent, and included probably the best chateaubriand we've ever had.

Great to know.I am looking forward to meeting Andrew as never sailed with him.Does anyone know if Osman is going to th QE next??

Great to know.I am looking forward to meeting Andrew as never sailed with him.Does anyone know if Osman is going to th QE next??

Violetta -- Please say hello for us to Andrew. We were at Table 27 in the Queens Grill 3/18-29. When will you be aboard the QV?

• 2 weeks later...
Just got off the QV this morning and can certify that Andrew is still stellar. Also stellar was the dover sole, which I had thrice on our 16 day crossing. Had the chateabriand twice. Also excellent.

Just to go off topic slightly, I will be travelling on QV in June in QG (first time in QG) and wondered if you could explain how the bar set up works, what's included and what's chargeable, please.

If you order off menu do you need to give a days notice or can they usually accomodate you that evening?

I like the sound of Dover Sole and I'm also partial to Lobster, would these requests be a problem?

Sailing Grill class is a yet to be realised pleasure for me so perhaps you could answer a couple of questions for me please.

if a salt cellar is an eight of an inch out of line he will spot it and get it rectified.

Why is this important?

He doesn't stand any nonsense.

What kind of nonsense goes on in the Queens Grill dining room that needs the M. D's attention?

A Curious Gari.

On my most recent QG experience (in November), Dover sole was on the ala carte menu, so available almost every night, and always prepared tableside too. Requesting 24 hours in advance will get you almost anything you want. You can ask at breakfast or lunch too, but it might still be a next day thing. You can also special-order desserts.

if a salt cellar is an eight of an inch out of line he will spot it and get it rectified.

Why is this important?

If you have to ask.......

What kind of nonsense goes on in the Queens Grill dining room that needs the M. D's attention?

A Curious Gari.

Very refined nonsense.

Two very predictable non-answers. Are you or have you ever been a politician?

Gari

No.

Tell you what - if you get a sensible answer, can you let me know? I have never been troubled by errant salt cellars, so I share your confusion as to the extent of the problem.

On my most recent QG experience (in November), Dover sole was on the ala carte menu, so available almost every night, and always prepared tableside too. Requesting 24 hours in advance will get you almost anything you want. You can ask at breakfast or lunch too, but it might still be a next day thing. You can also special-order desserts.

My wife and I love Indian curry. We made a request one night, and the next night they prepared a delicious assortment of curries, complete with all the naan, pappadams, yoghurt and dessert. The M'D supervised the entire production.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived