Liberty Feb 5-13 Trip Journal with Pictures

Thanks for a GREAT review! Excellent photos- out of curiosity, are you using a Canon camera?

On Labadee- do you have to take those boats over to the shore line- or can you walk the long pier? You mentioned that the paths are concrete, are they all concrete? A friend of mine who is coming on the cruise is in a manual wheel chair.. If all the paths are concrete, he would be able to somewhat tour the area instead of hanging out on the ship.

Thanks again for your review!

[quote

On Labadee- do you have to take those boats over to the shore line- or can you walk the long pier? You mentioned that the paths are concrete, are they all concrete? A friend of mine who is coming on the cruise is in a manual wheel chair.. If all the paths are concrete, he would be able to somewhat tour the area instead of hanging out on the ship.

Thanks again for your review!

We too were on this cruise. Fabulous review. There are concrete paths all the way to the back side of Labadee. Your friend should have no trouble in his manual wheelchair. They should be able to get off the ship, and ride across the pier, then on the concrete paths that will lead to the backside of Labadee. It is such a beautiful place to see. Also, on the other side is where the zip line is. They can take a look at it. Most interesting!

Thanks for answering that question - sounds like he will be able to see it at his leisure, Thank you.

On the Promenade - is the food Free - Except for the Cupcakes and Drinks?

Somewhere I thought that I read that the food was free.... and to try some brownies or cookies someplace?

Thanks

Debbie,

What excursions did you do? Out of curiosity, do you know if the Mountop Daiquiri bar and overlook is accessible by Taxi - or Only by the car?

San Juan --- IS the Cort at the Entrance of the Harbor El Morro or San Cristobal? Would you happen to Know?

Hmm, Do you know if the SHip has the "bucket/Bag of beer" deal - buy 8 bottles in an insulated cooler for the price of 6..... after buying the bag.

Do you have any thoughts or innsite for this itinerary?

Thanks again

They did not have tickets for the ice show on our cruise - seats were on a first come basis and the doors opened 30 minutes prior to the show. There was a huge lineup 40 minutes before, but everyone in line got seats, and there were still some empty ones too. It was kind of nice NOT having tickets, since we could just go to the ice show whenever we had time and didn't have to plan our whole day around it.

There was a 70's party as mentioned somewhere in my trip report - it was a party on the Royal Promenade with dancing, music, etc. It was NOT on the same night as "Abbacadabra" though, so that might mess up your plan to dress up for both! :)

The fort in San Juan at the entrance to the harbor is El Morro - that's the one in my pictures from Johnny Rockets during sailaway. San Cristobal is more to the right of the ship while docked, and El Morro is to the left.

I saw some buckets of beer around the ship, but I didn't see any insulated bags so I'm not sure if the bag thing was offered.

The St. Thomas mountain-top area had quite a few tour "open-air taxis" there... I'm sure you could take a taxi there though. Or why not book an island tour through someone that goes there? It might end up being cheaper in the end once you combine it with other stops around the island.

The food on the promenade is free for the most part. There's a charge per item at Ben and Jerry's as well as the new Cupcake Cupboard, but the food at Sorrento's (pizza, olives, etc) and Cafe Promenade (pastries, fruit, sandwiches, etc) is free. There's a charge for the specialty coffees at Cafe Promenade, although the regular self-serve coffee/tea/hot chocolate in there is free.

In Labadee you can absolutely walk along the pier and down the concrete paths to explore the various beaches, buffets, and shops. It's all very accessible for those in wheelchairs as well! They did a great job with the set-up. They also have sand wheelchairs that RCI will assist with pushing for those who need assistance to get to/on the beach.

The camera I took with me was actually my Fuji waterproof one that I bought in port on a cruise a year and a half ago. The picture quality is not as great as my other camera, but it's nice not to have to worry about it getting wet.

this is by far the best review with OUTSTANDING PICTURES THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN POSTED ON CRUISE CRITIC...we should all thank you a 1000 times over for letting us all be apart of your vacation...march 10th can't come soon enough...

I'm so glad everyone enjoyed it! :) I always love reading other's trip reports and seeing their pictures so I thought I'd return the favor. Although it's a lot of work to do, it's also a lot of fun.

Now if anyone wants to fund some cruises (or other trips) for me, I'd be happy to do this again and again! Cruise Critic Staff? Anyone? ;)

I'm so glad everyone enjoyed it! :) I always love reading other's trip reports and seeing their pictures so I thought I'd return the favor. Although it's a lot of work to do, it's also a lot of fun.

Now if anyone wants to fund some cruises (or other trips) for me, I'd be happy to do this again and again! Cruise Critic Staff? Anyone? ;)

I rearely read reviews because they get old, but I LOVED this review. It is well formatted and the pictures are beautiful, do you have a link to the pictures in one place?

I rearely read reviews because they get old, but I LOVED this review. It is well formatted and the pictures are beautiful, do you have a link to the pictures in one place?

Unfortunately I linked all of my pictures from Facebook, and I have all of my family pictures from the cruise on there as well, so I'm unable to share the link. My apologies.

Wish I could contribute. Your pictures are astounding! It is like you could walk right into them! I know you posted that you purchased your camera in a port, but would you share the name of the camera. I take the worst pics ever:eek:

My camera is the Fuji Finepix Z33WP (waterproof). It's a 10 megapixel camera. I believe it has since been discontinued though, and there's a newer model which is about 12MP, and I think it costs less too now. For a waterproof camera, it takes great pictures on land! It just leaves something to be desired in low-light, although most point and shoot cameras that I've tried have the same issue.

Awesome review... Makes me seriously want to book a Western

Carib sailing... OMG. The picturs are awesome and the last

youtube vid (the cruise in review) was really insightful... I can't

thank you enough.

PS, could you also tell a little bit about paying the seapass bill,

when was that done? How did it go... I'm still not really clear on

that :confused:.

this is by far the best review with OUTSTANDING PICTURES THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN POSTED ON CRUISE CRITIC...we should all thank you a 1000 times over for letting us all be apart of your vacation...march 10th can't come soon enough...
Your so excited Mike ya forgot when your going!

Thanks Newbcruiser1, AWESOME review!! Can't wait!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Wow! A fantastic review and photos, I loved it and I agree someone should fund you to take reviews of cruises, maybe RCI?;) It has certainly sold the Caribbean cruise to me!! I am serious too.

Archived