Leaving for the Sapphire Princess in 2 weeks – any questions?

Dortmunder

Aloha,

We will be on the March 26 cruise from Bangkok to Beijing.

If anyone has questions about the ship, the ports, tours etc., now would be a great time to post them.

I will take notes during the trip and answer your questions when I’m back.

There have been lots of confusing and contradictory posts concerning Anytime Dining, I will monitor this closely. Anything else to watch out for?

Here is a question I have before leaving.

We will visit the following ports: Singapore, Danang, Hongkong, Shanghai, Nagasaki, and Pusan. All our visits are already planned but sometimes you still have an extra hour before returning to the ship. Is there anything interesting in these ports within walking distance if you have an hour or two to kill?

Andi

I do have a couple of questions that you might be able to answer.

We have booked a mini-suite on the Sapphire for March 2006. If it is possible could you find out the bed configuration. Does the sofa make into a bed, and for the fourth guest, is there a drop down bed, and where is it?

We have asked for early dining since there are 8 of us going and two of the passengers are 3 year old twins. We might change to Anytime dining, so if you could check and see if what it might be like for a large group to get in the dining room and what time would be the best. These twins might get really antsy if we have to wait to long.

Have fun and enjoy for trip.

Thanks

We stayed in a mini on the Sapphire, so I'll try and answer your questions.

The sofa folds out into a bed, bigger than a twin, perhaps it is a double size. It is about two thirds of the sofa that is folding out, the other third remains a "sofa" . My kids liked sitting on that remaining third to have a snack at bedtime. The bunk comes down from the ceiling and it is about a single size bed. It is above the sofa. There is still room to walk around the sofa bed to get out onto the balcony at night.

We had traditional dining which I really appreciated with our two young kids. So nice to know where we would be sitting and having no wait. Our serving team grew to know what the kids liked and would bring them bowls of fresh berries soon after we were seated. On the first night, there was a lineup for an hour of people trying to get switched to traditional. Each one was told how wonderful "anytime dining" would be and how they would enjoy that. Much easier to get switched to "anytime" if you for some reason were not pleased with traditional, but I think you will be.

Thank you so much for the information. I was hoping that I would get a response, but not so soon.

Our adult son and our 15 year old grandson will be in the mini-suite with us, so this configuration is what I was hoping to hear about.

The Princess site says the other two twins cannot be put together, but with search on this board, I have found out that they can be, and if they aren't put together when we get on board, just ask the room steward to do it. Our first cruise on the Elation, the beds were not together and with asking our steward, they were done right away.

I really think we will stick with the traditional dining, those two little ones will be happier and that will make the rest of us happy. A bowl of berries may be just what they need. Thanks for letting me know about that.

Again, thanks for all the information.

I would love to know of some great spots to sit inside, I could look out at the ocean, and the most important requirement close to “adult beverages” ;) to read. I can always read on our balcony when I want to sit outside and read and not be poolside but finding a great indoor reading niche on a ship can sometimes be a daunting task. We will be in A230 so if you can get a quick peek and report back that would be swell! Thanks!

Will you be able to find an available area for passengers at the front of the ship were one can take pictures early in the morning....Heard that the open area of Promenade Deck closes at dusk....but when does it open in morning...need time say 6AM as we enter ports.

Would be most greatful if you can find out for me......Thanks Kruisey

We're thinking of booking the March 4, 2006 Mexican Riviera....is that the one you booked? Does anyone know how the Oceanview Balcony rooms on the Aloha deck are? Please let me know! Thanks!

We will be on the March 11, 2006 sailing. So if you go on the 4th, you will taking you good memories with you, as we start ours.

If you go to the Princess site and click on ships, you can get a good idea of what the cabins on every deck will look like. I also go to travelocity.com and look at the ship decks. Sometimes I will have two windows open so I can compare them.

Archived