Map of Coco Cay?

maggiec_38

Does anyone have a Map of Coco Cay? I have been up and down all the threads and anyone that has posted a link to a map it won't come through. We are going there in a week and would love to be able to scope out the Island before we get there and preplan our day. Hopefully someone will have one handy around these boards! :D

I would like to see a map also!:D We are trying to find out how to get to a less crowded area! We don't mind a walk, just not sure which direction to go!:confused:

When you get off the ship there really is only one way to go. Keep walking that way, and keep walking, and keep walking. You will eventually end up on the "other side" of the island. Few people, nothing (food, bathrooms, chairs ect) but if your seeking solitude its your spot.

Coco Cay isn't so large that you'll need a map! And what might be a popular spot on one cruise, may be deserted on the next!

The 1st beach you come to will be packed...keep walking past it, and the further you go, the fewer folks will bother walking that far (and it's not "far"...folks are just lazy!!)

When you get off the ship there really is only one way to go. Keep walking that way, and keep walking, and keep walking. You will eventually end up on the "other side" of the island. Few people, nothing (food, bathrooms, chairs ect) but if your seeking solitude its your spot.

Thanks! Also wondering how the snorkeling is???:D

Thanks! Also wondering how the snorkeling is???:D

Eh....its okay. I have snorkeled quite a bit, and i'm not that impressed. My guess is beginners will think its great. One nice thing is it is VERY VERY shallow, depending on the tide 18-36". I still snorkel for a little bit when I go there, but I'm usually done around 10 when there are a bunch of people there disturbing the fish. Also you are required to use a flotation jacket.

Everyone has to wear a lifejacket?

Even if you are an experienced swimmer and you bring your own equipment?

thanks for all the info, I would still love to have a map of the island, but I guess nobody keeps it.

Yes everyone that is snorkeling must wear a life jacket or life vest (blow up style). If you try and go in the water without one the life guards will blow the whistle at you and you have to wear one. They are rented for $6 for the day. I have my own because of Coco Cay.

Archived