Cunard price quotes in their brochures...

StarFlyr

This may be a stupid question, but are the prices quoted by Cunard in their brochures for the cabin or per person? From my recent cruise, I would say it's for the cabin, but my wife argues it's per person.

I realize regardless that there are some extra fees that are per person.

This may be a stupid question, but are the prices quoted by Cunard in their brochures for the cabin or per person? From my recent cruise, I would say it's for the cabin, but my wife argues it's per person.

I realize regardless that there are some extra fees that are per person.

Hi StarFlyr. I don't know what brochures you recieved, but what I have recieved over the past few years specifies pricing per passenger, based on two passengers per cabin. Single supplement is higher. However, there is a rare occasion offer where single supplement is wavied and the price is per cabin on certain categories...so both you and your wife are correct :) -S

The Cunard brochure prices are per person, assuming double occupancy. Single supplements and additional passengers in the room are in addition. Single supplements are not offered in grills accompdation, but may be in other categories and could be and additional 50% or more. Additional passengers are priced based on eating locations and are per person.

Depending on which regions the brochures are printed for, additional rules may apply.

Cheers Mike.

What makes it confusing is that it's not unusual to have the brochure price discounted by up to 50% or more as time goes on, making the brochure per-person price about the same as the total per-cabin price you might pay.

My QM2 price was discounted 50% and my QV cruise is about 40% below the brochure.

The Cunard brochure prices are per person, assuming double occupancy. Single supplements and additional passengers in the room are in addition. Single supplements are not offered in grills accompdation, but may be in other categories and could be and additional 50% or more. Additional passengers are priced based on eating locations and are per person.

Depending on which regions the brochures are printed for, additional rules may apply.

Cheers Mike.

50% - huh I wish!! Unless a special deal they are standard at 75% extra.

Agree, even Cunard is phasing out the prices - the 2010 brochure listed a price for all cabin types on all cruises, and the 2011 only lists the minimum cabin type in each class (inside, OV, balcony, etc.).

Maybe it's like "furniture store pricing" - if you think you're getting it for 30% off some hypothetical price (even if it never sold at the higher price) you'll assume you're getting a bargain.

Agree, even Cunard is phasing out the prices - the 2010 brochure listed a price for all cabin types on all cruises, and the 2011 only lists the minimum cabin type in each class (inside, OV, balcony, etc.).

The September 2010-January 2012 UK brochure I have quotes the prices for every category - D8 to D1, B5 to B1, A4 to A1, AA, P3 to P1, Q7 to Q1 on QM2 and similar on QV and QE.

Well, then I guess if the prices are based on double occupancy, we got a HUGE discount on our recent 1st segment of the 2011 World Cruise. In the 2011 Cunard voyage booklets listing ALL the cruises for the year, the price quoted is $6272 from NYC to CPT (23 days), ocean view room with port window. I first got hooked up with this cruise through "Vacations to Go" where I paid around $5000 for my wife and I. "Vacations" sent me a teaser quote of $85 per person for the lowest priced inside room.

IF the brochure quoted fare was for one person (based on double occupancy), the total fare should have been $12,544 plus fees. And that would mean we got a discount of about 60%. This seems like a crappy way to run a business with the customer having no clue what a cruise will actually cost until a firm quote is received from Cunard.

BELIEVE me, I would not have even considered getting a quote for the trip we took IF I had seen the $12,544 price first.

A different way of looking at the cruise we took was that it cost around $220 a day for both of us. At the list price, it would have been around $550 per day and way above what I would consider a value worth even considering.

Archived