Update/Resolution to my previous thread

snigg

Im glad he got what he wanted.........even though we have been married for a "bazillion years";),we much rather have a queen bed than twins....
My fear is if RCI made us use the twins (that statement could go a couple ways:eek:), the DW would want them at home:o.

My advice to you is spend your time resolving your problem and don't waste time posting it on the boards, as few people have had a similar experience.

Enjoy

Isn't sharing the good and the bad part of why this board is here?

Another point to be made. Obviously there are many of us that could be considered very experienced cruisers. Even some of us didn't know that there were cabins on board that couldn't convert to twins. While I agree that one needs to do their own homework, it never would have occurred to me to check to see if the twin beds converted to queen. I would have assumed that they did based on past experience.

I know I have never thought of it either. I guess we all are used to it automatically being a queen such as all hotels have. Never have i had a choice of a single bed in a hotel so the OP's problem has been very beneficial to many newbies. :)

Actually, I'm glad he did post. Now I know that there are cabins that do not convert to queens.

I think his original title saying he was "Screwed" might have lead to more views..and responses but not to actual help.

As another poster wrote, approach is everything..... I am sure, I like many posters have had their run ins with RCI.

I have had probably 6 in the last year..... One was a long drawn out situation, I was doubled billed it kept on going back and forth....with the Executive reps of Celebrity..finally I called another in the same dept. rep who said really, the first rep did not resolve this, you got to be kidding me? He thought outside of the box, my contact did not.

Isn't sharing the good and the bad part of why this board is here?

:)

Certainly, it is...but I guess I don't understand why so many posters air unresolved issues on the boards........IMHO it is counter productive...

but, I am the first to admit..I spend tooooooo much time reading them......

Exactly what i thought when he said he spoke to them after 11pm last night.......didnt know it was 24/7 either..

See, we still learn something new on here every day. I did not know that either. :confused:

Hi snigg,

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Be happy with it and just enjoy the cruise. ;)

I think his original title saying he was "Screwed" might have lead to more views..and responses but not to actual help.

As another poster wrote, approach is everything..... I am sure, I like many posters have had their run ins with RCI.

Yep. I think that was exactly the issue.

He took, "I booked a cabin that I later realized was not what I thought, so now I'm on a waiting list," and changed it to, "Agent screwed up the booking and now I'm screwed."

My apologies then. I was the only one who asked him who he talked to so that is why I thought you meant me.

As far as the bed configuration, it is noted on the website but I am only able to find it if I do a dummy booking. I posted the list of cabins on the now locked, original thread. I do not see the disclaimer if I look at the deckplans.

It is a live and learn situation in my opinion. The OP "assumed" he would have the ability to make a queen bed from the twins, but admittedly, never asked. It also was not disclosed by the RCL rep per the OP.

It is really important that we all do our homework. Not all beds can be made to a queen or even separated to two twins. Buyer beware.

No apologies necessary. I fired off a quick reply and may not have been as clear as I would have liked.

Live and learn is a good way to look at this. On the first cruise my wife and I booked, we were a bit shocked to walk out on our balcony and realize it was 2/3 blocked by a lifeboat! While we were disappointed, we didn't allow that to affect our vacation; but now we are pretty thorough about looking for those types of disclosures (the obstruction was noted on Carnival's website, but we missed it).

My issue in the case of the OP is that the RCI rep did not point out the limitations of his cabin. I would not expect a rookie (for lack of a better term:o) to ask the same questions that a seasoned cruiser would.

I am a real estate agent, and while I follow every transaction closely, I know that I need to pay extra attention to the details when working with a first-time homebuyer....they have never been through the process and may not be familiar with some of the fine points that would be taken for granted by a party who has bought and sold a few times. This is a similar situation. From my point of view, RCI dropped the ball but to their credit have rectified the situation completely. For the record, I would have been satisfied with their offer of OBC in exchange for paying the difference in fare.

Oh, by the way.....I didn't know that RCI was now open 24/7 either! ;)

Thats great that it was resolved for you.

I think its sad that many have flamed you for the agents error, you and your GF both where on the phone during the reservation and the agent should have warned you of the rooms limitations. I could understand if you booked the stateroom online and chose not to read the warning, but that was not the case. Have a great cruise!!!:D

Right on!!!!

I woke up this morning and checked my email on my iphone and noticed I received an email from RC at 2:18am with a copy of my booking information. On the email it has us now listed in SO-90XX. I called early this morning to confirm the information and was informed that they did in fact put us into the Superior Oceaview Stateroom on deck 9 at no additional cost.

I'm not sure what made someone have a change of heart and make the change for us last night, but I am glad that RC ultimately came through in the end and resolved the issue in a satisfactory manner. Thanks again to all of you that offered advice and helpful responses.:)

Snigg, So glad RCL came through for you, YEA. As for all the PIN HEADS that were trying to put you down, just consider the source. As your board reads, the agent knew you were a 1st time RCL cruiser. He appears to have been a little lax in serching a cabin for you (a mistake that YOU will not let happen again). Still KUDOS to RCL for correcting the, at very lease, misunderstanding. Have a great cruise and, by the way, don't forget to check out the Compass Deli on deck 12. Great food.;););)

Thanks again for the help.

I attempted to contact someone at the corporate office to explain my situation, but reached a customer service/guest relations rep who kept trying to transfer me back to the booking agent/supervisors that were involved in the situation. Anyway, the point of my call to corporate was to explain the situation in hopes that something like this would not happen to guests in the future. I was informed from a customer service rep that it is RC's policy for the booking agent to ask the customer what bed arrangement they want, and as we know that was not done in my case. In any event, it's all water under the bridge now. I also was informed that Supervisor Johnny Nicholson(the one I spoke to last night who would not resolve the issue) was ultimately the individual who chose to upgrade us at no extra cost. So I also wanted to let his superiors know that we appreciate this gesture, and also wanted to spotlight Booking Agent Danielle Norton for being extremely helpful throughout the entire process.

If anyone can provide me with a name or phone number of the individual(s) that I would speak with to explain my story and also relay my appreciation for certain agents, I would appreciate it. Basically, if I put this all into a letter/review and sent it to corporate, who would actually read it?

Thanks again for the help.

I attempted to contact someone at the corporate office to explain my situation, but reached a customer service/guest relations rep who kept trying to transfer me back to the booking agent/supervisors that were involved in the situation. Anyway, the point of my call to corporate was to explain the situation in hopes that something like this would not happen to guests in the future. I was informed from a customer service rep that it is RC's policy for the booking agent to ask the customer what bed arrangement they want, and as we know that was not done in my case. In any event, it's all water under the bridge now. I also was informed that Supervisor Johnny Nicholson(the one I spoke to last night who would not resolve the issue) was ultimately the individual who chose to upgrade us at no extra cost. So I also wanted to let his superiors know that we appreciate this gesture, and also wanted to spotlight Booking Agent Danielle Norton for being extremely helpful throughout the entire process.

If anyone can provide me with a name or phone number of the individual(s) that I would speak with to explain my story and also relay my appreciation for certain agents, I would appreciate it. Basically, if I put this all into a letter/review and sent it to corporate, who would actually read it?

Vicki Freed is the Senior Vice President of Sales. That's probably your best contact to let them know about your experience.

Royal Caribbean International

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132-2096

Hopefully after your cruise you'll be hooked and this will all be water under the ship! Enjoy your cruise!

I was informed from a customer service rep that it is RC's policy for the booking agent to ask the customer what bed arrangement they want,

I thought you discussed the bedding arrangement with the rep who booked you?:confused::confused:

I also was informed that Supervisor Johnny Nicholson(the one I spoke to last night who would not resolve the issue) was ultimately the individual who chose to upgrade us at no extra cost.

I don't mean to pick at you, really, but here you say that this fellow is the one who "would not resolve the issue" last night and earlier said something about them having a "change of heart." I think it's good that you want to write and specifically mention the names of those who helped you, but I do think you're missing the point that, even according to you, your very first response, on asking for resolution, was that they would put you on a waiting list for a different cabin. It seems that you took that as a refusal to help, because you found that there was a full suite available that they could have put you in. But maybe it was exactly what they said, they would put you on a list for another cabin, and one came open.

Nothing in your story sounds like anyone was unwilling to help. The only problem was that the original agent didn't do a good job of explaining the limitations of the cabin you booked.

I thought you discussed the bedding arrangement with the rep who booked you?:confused::confused:

No the original booking rep placed us into that room with no mention of the arrangement. However it is RC's policy that the rep is required to ask the customer what bed arrangement they want.

I don't mean to pick at you, really, but here you say that this fellow is the one who "would not resolve the issue" last night and earlier said something about them having a "change of heart." I think it's good that you want to write and specifically mention the names of those who helped you, but I do think you're missing the point that, even according to you, your very first response, on asking for resolution, was that they would put you on a waiting list for a different cabin. It seems that you took that as a refusal to help, because you found that there was a full suite available that they could have put you in. But maybe it was exactly what they said, they would put you on a list for another cabin, and one came open.

Nothing in your story sounds like anyone was unwilling to help. The only problem was that the original agent didn't do a good job of explaining the limitations of the cabin you booked.

Right. Supervisor John Nicholson was the individual I spoke with last night who told me I need to pay $120 to upgrade and then I would get $120 in OBC. We ended the call with him not willing to waive the $120 fee, and me not willing to pay it. I told him that I would be contacting the corporate office today to discuss the issue further. Apparently he decided to change his mind after our phone call last night and went ahead and put us into the SO room at no additional cost, unbeknownst to me until I woke up to the email this morning.

Paul I'm not saying RC was unwilling to help. Their offer to "help" initially was to place me on a waiting list in hopes that someone would cancel. I didnt accept that as a resolution to my problem. A "maybe" was not going to resolve the issue. At the end of the day RC did resolve the issue and I'm not denying that. And yes, you're right, the main problem here was the failure of the original agent to mention the bed arrangement to us.

I really did not see why you had an issue with paying the $120.00 for a better cabin and receiving an OBC. You would have won on both issues - a better cabin and $120.00 OBC. Alot of drama over two twins and a queen. Wait a few years and you might even want a separate room :).

I woke up this morning and checked my email on my iphone and noticed I received an email from RC at 2:18am with a copy of my booking information. On the email it has us now listed in SO-90XX. I called early this morning to confirm the information and was informed that they did in fact put us into the Superior Oceaview Stateroom on deck 9 at no additional cost.

I'm not sure what made someone have a change of heart and make the change for us last night, but I am glad that RC ultimately came through in the end and resolved the issue in a satisfactory manner. Thanks again to all of you that offered advice and helpful responses.:)

That was a good resolution. I hope you have a great vacation with g/f.

Snigg...I am glad you are going to recognize the reps that helped and voice your concern about the situation.

I have done this more than once...here is a number I have....

Executive Reps/avocates..RCI...1-888-767-4644

Email addresses very by departments..for example C&A, sales and CS have their leadership team address...and most reps/managers it is first initial, last name @ RCCL.com...I would call to verify.

Enjoy....

Since the original thread is gone,can someone please list the cabins that can not have the twin beds moved??

Oceanview Stateroom

360 TOUR | PHOTOS

Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), vanity area, and a private bathroom. (120.5 sq. ft.)

Please note: Staterooms 2522, 2014, 2022, 3514, 3518, 3014, 3018, 4508, 4008, 5502 & 5002 have twin beds that do not convert to a queen.

Oceanview Stateroom

360 TOUR | PHOTOS

Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), vanity area, and a private bathroom. (120.5 sq. ft.)

Please note: Staterooms 2522, 2014, 2022, 3514, 3518, 3014, 3018, 4508, 4008, 5502 & 5002 have twin beds that do not convert to a queen.

I still dont see it for the MJ:confused::confused:...........Monarch,yes.but not the Majesty........

Archived