Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

Did Tracie practice bed making a head of time?

I have a step father-in law that when he visits every morning, the guest bed could pass muster with mitered corners and bounce test. Amazing as I can't even fold the sheets flat right out of dryer!

ABSOLUTELY NOT. Six months of it is enough. :D

That is a great idea ..we could send well wishes and post cards from our home cities. They may get mad though if they have to hand her a sack of mail!

Mike, can you tell us how many cadets are in each training class, and usual amount that are female?

The troops usually have 32 cadets. On average I would say 20 % is female.

does she like the legs or the shorts...

and if she likes those shorts she would love a pair I have. they are so bright they plug in

hope she is having fun at depot

Come on now, she likes everthing about me including my taste in clothing since she helps me pick them out. :D:D

Wednesday, Jan 5th, 2011: Port Canaveral :

(Arrival 7:00 a.m - departure 7:00 p.m)

Got up to a beautiful, yet somewhat cloudy day in Port Canaveral. In port was the new Disney Dream that had arrived the day before, from its transatlantic trip. The 128,000 ton ship is a beauty.

DSC_0522.jpg

DSC_0524.jpg

DSC_0531.jpg

DSC_0532.jpg

DSC_0533.jpg

The open area in front of the ship is called the ‘Teen club Vibe Exterior’ which is part of the Vibe Teen Club that extends to an outdoor area, with lounge chairs, wading pools, water fountains and jets, and games such as foosball and ping-pong.

DSC_0547.jpg

7_teen_club_vibe_exterior_59574_orig.jpg

Wow...you sure do write/photo excellent reviews! Thanks so much for sharing your cruise experience! Loved the last review( multi review ), and absolutely loving this one too!

Congratulations to your wife on her upcoming career change, and best wishes. After 25 years in the airline industry, I gave it up for a totally different career 10 years ago, and I havent looked back! Best wishes to her, and you have a lovely family!:)

Here are the downloadable Funtimes for day 4. Click on the link below, (Pride day 4) it will bring you 4shared.com.

Then click on Download now (blue box). You will get a message ' Your download link will appear in (for my computer) 20 seconds, Then click on 'Download file now' Then 'open" wait for about 5 seconds for it to download and there you have it.

Pride day 4

We had breakfast in the Mermaid Grill, very good as usual.

DSC_0541.jpg

We had already done the Cape Canaveral tour, Cocoa Beach, the Disney and Universal parks in previous vacations so the plan for the day was just to go shopping at the Merritt Mall. We disembarked at 10:15 and made our way to the taxis and shuttle vans. The best deal for a taxis to Merritt Mall, one way was $25 for the three of us, in other words $50 return. The shuttles are $10 per person, unlimited stops between Cocoa Beach, Walmart, Merritt Mall and Port Canaveral. So for someone wanting to visit one, two or all three it’s a good deal. They had several shuttles running all day. We were told the maximum wait time to reboard at each stop was about 20 minutes. There was several different companies but we chose Cocoa Beach Shuttles because they had the largest fleet.

005.jpg

Disney Dream as we are leaving the terminal

001.jpg

002.jpg

We had a nice day at the mall, the plan was to have lunch at the Outback Steakhouse but it was closed (opens for dinner) so we opted for TGIF. Both these restaurants and others are a short walking distance from the mall. Once we were done shopping ( or should I say once Tracy was done) at the Merritt Mall, lucky us, the shuttle was arriving as we stepped outside.

Upon our return to the terminal

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

I like the way you guys shop that looks like alot of shoes! :) I'm loving the review's Mike. I read the one for your B2B2B and now this one has become my evening reading. We were on the Pride last May and loved her! Keep up the good work!!!! And much congrats to Tracy!!!

Once back on the ship, Tracy went to the Gym for a workout and also ran 8 laps around Deck 10. I went up on Deck 10 to get some sun. Unfortunately it was cloudy and I didn’t get much.

Apollo Fwd Pool

DSC_0542.jpg

DSC_0545.jpg

DSC_0548.jpg

DSC_0546.jpg

Venus Main Pool

DSC_0543.jpg

DSC_0544.jpg

Later in the afternoon we stopped at the Renaissance Lobby for some refreshments. The ship is quiet during port days.

DSC_0554.jpg

All the while Mitchel had stayed in our room, ordered room service and spent the afternoon reading his new book.

DSC_0555.jpg

Great review. Thanks for taking the time between your busy job and being Mr Mom. Tell Tracy good luck she rocks! Once you find out her schedule - you need to plan a surprise cruise for her!

Mike, thanks for the address for Tracy. I just wrote a note in a card and plan to drop it by the PO this afternoon! I think it would be fun to get cards and notes from people who "know" you from something as widespread as the Cruise Critic boards---these make the world such a smaller place.

I enjoyed your previous review so much that when you promised a review of your Pride cruise, I kept watching until you started it! I love seeing all the pictures. I know I will never get to travel as much as I'd like, so it's fun to travel vicariously through others' photos and reviews. I do have my next cruised booked, my 3rd, for the end of May. There will be 6 of us from the Nashville, TN area. I can hardly wait. My suitcase is in the guest bedroom waiting to be packed again and the clothes are lined up in the guest closet! All I have to do is fold and pack, then get to the airport!

Thanks so much for taking the time to do the review.

Tracy---Show 'em how it's done, lady!

LaRose (Tennessee Rose)

Thank you Tennessee Rose, when I told her yesterday that she might be getting cards from CC members she responded " Wow, really, it's going to be fun explaining that to my troopmates".

We do the same thing in our spare room, for months before the trip we make piles of clothes (mostly new) on the bed for each of us and keep adding pieces as we get nearer to the trip. When we have guests over, everything comes off the bed and goes back when they leave. :)

I think all your CC friends and review groupies need to start up a collection for Tracey as a graduation gift from the academy. :D;) Ya'll will be needing a cruise by then. What an amazing woman, Wife and Mother Tracey is. Thank You so much for the link to the article on her. I let my DD(9) read it too. I am starting school in the fall and keep telling her that it's never to late to follow your dreams. Reading that article also showed her that you can do and be anything you set your mind to. What a great insipration and role model.

Thanks so much tmt218. I told Tracy yesterday that she has become a role model for people out there. CC members and people in our town including stangers have come up to me to wish her well and tell me she should be proud of what she's doing. :)