Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

You must do your research and the best way is with Betterbidding at http://www.betterbidding.com/. As to when you should book it defers, sometimes last minutes is best. I also found that the hotel your looking for is available in cycles, again you must do your research to know when is best. Hope this helps. Mike

Thanks Mike ! Great Tips on this site.

BTW - Did you notice the 4 young guys on our cruise who all dressed alike in various outfits?

One day they were in sailor outfits, another in matching bathrobes and another day

in "Thurston Howell" getup. Very very funny. Maybe you have pix.

Looks like Mitchel got some new shoes during your shopping trip.

Mexican buffet looks nice, but I still miss the midnight buffet. It looks like they had some crowd participation at the deck party.

Still enjoying your review, I took a few days off to go to New Orleans for a few pre-Mardi Gras parades, so I have been catching up on your review all day, now I need to catch up on my sleep.

I like the way you guys shop that looks like alot of shoes! :) I'm loving the review's Mike. I read the one for your B2B2B and now this one has become my evening reading. We were on the Pride last May and loved her! Keep up the good work!!!! And much congrats to Tracy!!!

Thank you sammie, I believe we had 6 pairs of shoes between the 3 of us.:)

Hi Mike: Just curious to know how you felt the experience was starting your cruise in cooler waters. We have been hesitant to sail from up north because a big part of the reason we sail is for the sunshine. Did you find the first day or so felt like you were just waiting for the real cruise to begin?

Thanks, Mike. I enjoy your reviews. The pictures are terrific. Best of luck to Tracy. She should be commended for working so hard.

We are leaving on the same cruise on Sunday. Having booked a balcony guaranty just 3 weeks ago, we found out what our cabin was Monday. A bit nervewracking, but it worked out just great. Looks like a terrific cabin. We are so excited to get some warm weather. Nothing else matters, just get warm.

Ohiodoglover

Great review. Thanks for taking the time between your busy job and being Mr Mom. Tell Tracy good luck she rocks! Once you find out her schedule - you need to plan a surprise cruise for her!

Thank you ticka1, I would love to surprise with a cruise some day. :):)

Mike do you have to make a reservation for the shuttle bus in port canaveral?

We would like to go to cocoa beach, is this the best way to go? And I like that you can go to walmart and get more supplies if you like. And can I tell you how refreshing it it to see someone actually respond to everyone, thank you for that.

Thanks for the wonderful review. We live 20 minutes from the port of Baltimore, so I cannot wait to cruise the Pride someday. She looks fun!Loved seeing the Mexican buffet because, on our 3 CCL cruises, we have yet to make it to the Mexican buffet...it's on my 'to do' list for our August Carnival Glory cruise to Canada.

Mike once again what a GREAT review so far. I hope Tracy is doing well with training and the kids are not driving you to crazy....LoL I 9 days before our Carnival Dream cruise can't wait and reading your review and seeing your pictures just helps the wait thank you. I can't wait to read the rest of your review (probably when I get back) I will try my hand at writing a review for my cruise,but I know it won't live up to yours :-) Have a good day. Carla

Thursday, Jan 6th, 2011: Nassau :

(Arrival 11:00 a.m - departure 10:00 p.m)

We started the day by going for a run around deck 10. It was for the most part a cloudy day with temperatures close to the mid 70s. We arrived in port at about 10:20 a.m.

DSC_0622.jpg

DSC_0623.jpg

Atlantis in the distance

DSC_0624.jpg

DSC_0625.jpg

DSC_0626.jpg

Arr, ye be seein' that bridge in the distance? I walked from the Pirates of Nassau Museum to said bridge, over it, and onto the island. Aye, call me mad if ye like, for surely I was...especially when I started noticing the bursitis kicking in, like taking a musket ball to the hip...

And I been enjoyin' seein' yer photos, so I have, and I've pirated more than a few to add to me collection...I can almost smell that salt sea air. Come October, I'll be doin' it again...but I won't be takin' that long walk, goose me wi' a handspike else!

Thursday, Jan 6th, 2011: Nassau :

(Arrival 11:00 a.m - departure 10:00 p.m)

We started the day by going for a run around deck 10. It was for the most part a cloudy day with temperatures close to the mid 70s. We arrived in port at about 10:20 a.m.

DSC_0625.jpg

I saw the performance last October (actually, I saw it twice), but the knives are a new addition. I can only guess he wants to sharpen his skills...

Then Lou was brought up on stage, he was hilarious.

DSC_0491.jpg

DSC_0492.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg

Mike do you have to make a reservation for the shuttle bus in port canaveral?

We would like to go to cocoa beach, is this the best way to go? And I like that you can go to walmart and get more supplies if you like. And can I tell you how refreshing it it to see someone actually respond to everyone, thank you for that.

When we were on the Pride in May we took the Carnival Excursion to Coco Beach. If I remember right it was about $15/person. You could choose your departure time I think it was 8am, 9am or 10am. But once the shuttles started running they went back and forth from coco beach to the port about every 15minutes. This shuttle drops you off in the parking lot of Ron Jon Surf Shop. From here there was a drug store, CVS I think it was, normal beach shops, fast food, banks. I didn't see a walmart. For those of you that are drinkiners and want a cheap day at the beach. There's a 7-11 right next to the public beach access where you are dropped off. Go in get a 6 or 12 pk of your favorite beer, buy a 5 dollar styrofoam cooler and a bag of ice. We lucked out when we were there...or maybe they just do this to make sure everyone stays hydrated, but we got a free case of bottled water when we bought the beer. After a few hrs in the sun and a 12 pk of miller lite later we were definately feeling it, and made our way back to the pride. The cutoms lady laughed at us when we told her our story carring a bunch of water bottles in our newly bought styrofoam cooler, and more in my beach bag. I think she was just suprised we drank the whole 12 pk! LOL

Hi Mike & Tracy,

My daughters(2) and are from Prince Edward Island and this is our first cruise we'll be going on (Mar 27). It'll be with Valor and from what I've read and saw of your cruises it looks like we'll have a blast:D Its great to read other "locals" insight on something totally new for me. Good luck Tracy with your training!

Nancy

"West Coast Chick"

Thank you Nancy. I'm sure you are going to fall in love with cruising like the rest of us. :)

Mike, I was reading up on the history of the RCMP and I found this picture of Ft Whoop Up from the March West:D

attachment.php?attachmentid=186821&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1298996718

That was a long time ago but those were good times, even tho they couldn't afford uniforms for us back then. :D

OSS, or OSU, is a Japanese utterance conveying respect, in this case on her attainment of her Shodan in KarateDo.

As a LEO (for 30 years now) I also salute her on her new found career goal too.

http://skjf.org/Articles/tooss.htm

Thanks for clearing that up for me. From your location I see your a trekkie, I'm a big fan. :)

Mike,

Loved the pictures when Tracy turned the camera on you!:)

Did you see any Manatees when you were in Port Canaveral?

They seemed to like the warm water from the ships when we were there.

Thanks for the pictures of the Disney ship. She looks awesome.

Thanks Janice, no I didn't see any Manatees since I never actually looked for them. I'll know next time. :)