Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

At about 4:30 p.m we attended the past guest party in the Taj Mahal Lounge. On other cruises I had as many as 10 free drinks (they are small), but this time around Tracy had two and I had three, trying not to ruin our appetite. They were also serving hors d'oeuvres, I was able to resist from having any but Tracy had to have one or two.

DSC_0418.jpg

DSC_0420.jpg

On our way back to the cabin we came across the Sushi bar, now if you remember, Tracy never had lunch and the alcohol had given her the munchies. She couldn’t stop herself from getting a small snack. Kept telling her " your going to ruin your dinner" :)

DSC_0422.jpg

DSC_0421.jpg

Mike

I have been writing my own review of Pride during your posts so have not made comments here.

However, tonight I make my final entry and just wanted to stop by and tell you how well I think you have done with your review.

Your photos are great and I don't think there is an inch of the ship you didn't capture. I am now going to try and find a software program where I can merge all your photos and have it reproduce the ship. lol

As a Canadian I want to tell you how proud we are of you and your wife. You deserve our respect and admiration and you have it.

Some day, perhaps, we might meet on board a cruise ship, wouldn't that be great? The beer is on me!

Wilfros

Thank you Wilfros, I see you have quite a cruising history, I would love to have a beer with you someday, I would be interested in hearing you tell me about that 1957 cruise. :)

Hi Mike,

Excellent article on your DW :) Congratulations to her for following her dreams!! And best of luck to her and to you and your family throughout your separation.

Just had to write and say thanks for your service, I'm not Canadian, but I believe it's important to thank all service personnel, especially our military and police!! :)

Also, thanks so much for your two fabulous reviews. I just stumbled upon on your B2B2B2B review on Tuesday as I was looking for info on Valor ;) I couldn't stop reading...shh, don't tell my boss! LOL Now I'm hooked on Mike & Tracy's adventures :D

Looking forward to more!! Thanks again!

- Liz

Thank you Liz, for all your kind words. :):)

Thanks for all of the great pictures of the Pride. I sailed with my family last year and we are going back again this year and it shows me some areas where we forgot to take pictures. This year my niece (first cruise) and boyfried will be going with us on the Pride. I am going to get her to look at your pictures so she can get as excited as I am because she lives a couple hours from me and hasn't seen my pictures.

In answer to the question about the shelves in the bathroom, there are six glass shelves attached to the mirror with a rail on each to hold items on the shelf. Each shelf is about a foot long and there is plenty of room on the counter also.

Best of luck to your wife and best wishes to you and your family that the six months go by quickly.

Debbie

Thank you Debbie, have a wonderful cruise. :):)

The time had finally arrived, I must say I had been looking forward to this night for quite a while. We had really enjoyed our evenings at Scarlett’s Steakhouse on Valor and Sun King Steakhouse on Freedom.

For those who are interested, this is the menu we passed on in the Normandie Dining Room, followed by the menu in David's Steakhouse.

Normandie Dining Room

Pridedinnerday3001.jpg

Pridedinnerday3002.jpg

Pridedinnerday3003.jpg

For starters Tracy had the Grilled Portobello Mushroom (Marinated with Virgin Oil and Aged Balsamic Vinegar) and the Classic Caesar Salad. I had the New England Crab Cake (On roasted Pepper Remoulade) and the Classic Caesar Salad and Mitchel had the Beef Carpaccio (Slices Raw Beef Tenderloin with Shaved Parmesan Cheese Marinated Mache Lettuce) and the Classic Caesar Salad.

Grilled Portobello Mushroom

DSC_0433.jpg

Beef Carpaccio

DSC_0434.jpg

New England Crab Cake

DSC_0435.jpg

Preparing our Caesar salads

DSC_0436.jpg

Classic Caesar Salad

DSC_0437.jpg

For our entrees we all chose the 18 ounce Prime Rib Steak, I had it on our Freedom cruise and it was good, but this time around it was one of the best steaks I’ve ever had. I had mine with Sauteed Medley of Fresh Mushrooms and Bearnaise Sauce.

DSC_0438.jpg

For dessert Tracy and I had the Cheesecake with Hazelnut Biscuit and Mitchel had the Chocolate Sampler.

DSC_0441.jpg

DSC_0442.jpg

Chocolate Sampler

DSC_0440.jpg

On our way out we met CC member (Richstowe) Richard and Helene enjoying their meal.

DSC_0444.jpg

Thank you Albin1914. Tracy has been texting/calling me as much as possible. Today they were getting up at 5:10 a.m, to start off they don't just make their bed they also have to iron their sheet and pillow case. :eek:

I remember when I was there and the Corporal would bounce a coin off your bed, it had to be tight or else.:(

Did Tracie practice bed making a head of time?

I have a step father-in law that when he visits every morning, the guest bed could pass muster with mitered corners and bounce test. Amazing as I can't even fold the sheets flat right out of dryer!

Great article!!

thank you for posting article on Tracy

With all her talents and desire to give, she is so well suited for RCMP and to do one's passion and pursue her dream is great.

She is going to be the new "Charlie's Angel" girl in defense class that a poor unsuspecting guy will have to face!

Edited by Buffettfan 225
typo

We went to the Normandie Dining room for lunch, we sat with a nice young couple who later became our teammates in the ‘Carnival Quest" game.

Lunch menu

Pridelunch1001.jpg

Tracy had California Roll, Mongolian Steak Salad and Strawberry Banana Mousse while I had Caribbean Pepper Pot, Oven Fresh Sun-Dried Tomato Shrimp Baguette and Creme Caramel. All very good.

Creme Caramel

DSC_0298.jpg

Thank you for posting lunch menu, we have never done lunch in MDR- (last cruise there were no at sea days) next cruise you have inspired me to suggest dining in MDR. Love the photos of food--can you tell me if creme carmel is like Flan??

Then we went up the stair from deck 9 to David’s Steakhouse on Deck 10, Mid. We love how it’s wide open. They have dining tables on both floors. We have reservations for tomorrow night for 6 p.m which I made on line about a month before leaving. Stairs above the Atrium leading from the Mermaid Grill to David’s Steakhouse.

Did you get the table for two that faced the statue of "david?" ;)

What a wonderful article Mike! I know I am not alone in saying that I hope you keep your CC "family" updated on Tracy. And if she is allowed mail, maybe we could all send her cards to help her through the difficult days ahead. I for one would love for her to know she has the support of this community too! (as do you and the kids!)

That is a great idea ..we could send well wishes and post cards from our home cities. They may get mad though if they have to hand her a sack of mail!

Mike, can you tell us how many cadets are in each training class, and usual amount that are female?

You and Tracy deserve a commission. Your pics and review helped me take the "plunge" and book on the Pride.

Bernadette

Thank you Bernadette, I would settle for a OBC or anything at all. Kidding aside, enjoy Pride. Mike :D

Mike,

Absolutely enthralled with your comprehensive review and clear, bright photos. You did the Pride justice!

We live about 50 miles south of Baltimore and sailed her for the first time in June 2009. Such a lovely, well maintained ship with a helpful, friendly staff.

Fast forward . . . we will be passengers again at the end of May 2011 with a different itinerary than before (CC, FP, BAH) and are counting down the days. Our son will turn 8 on the cruise!

Kudos to you and your family for supporting Tracy. I am happy that she is pursuing her dream and wish all of you the best of luck and success.

Being half Canuck myself (mom's family from TO), I hope that someday I get to meet your family on a cruise and say "AYE!"

I took down Tracy's address and will most definitely send her a card.

Thank you so much CapsR1, your card will definitely put a smile on her face and here's to meeting you on a cruise someday. We had the pleasure of meeting 3 CC members on our Pride cruise even tho our roll call get together never materialized. Have a wonderful cruise. :)