Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

Here are the downloadable Funtimes for day 3. Click on the link below, (Pride day 3) it will bring you 4shared.com.

Then click on Download now (blue box). You will get a message ' Your download link will appear in (for my computer) 20 seconds, Then click on 'Download file now' Then 'open" wait for about 5 seconds for it to download and there you have it.

Pride day 3

We got up early and went for a run on Deck 10, I believe that three laps around the deck is close to a mile. We both did 8 laps.

You can see a runner up ahead.

DSC_0376.jpg

We had breakfast in the Normandie Lounge. We were seated with a couple from Virginia and a mother & daughter from Montreal, Canada. The daughter happened to be a CC member (nancydee) and she recognized Tracy and I from my previous review. It was a very pleasant breakfast, company was good, the food delicious.

The breakfast menu

Pridebreakfastmenu2.jpg

Nancydee and her mother

DSC_0370.jpg

I had pancakes, sausages, ham and bacon and Tracy had the Eggs Benedict.

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0368.jpg

After breakfast we went up on the Lido Deck, the temperature was around 70 degrees but unfortunately it was cloudy and it stayed that way all day. Tracy insisted that I give her the camera so your stuck with me for the following photos.

DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0380.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

Looking down at David’s Steakhouse

DSC_0382.jpg

At 10 a.m we went to the Butterflies Lounge for ‘Be the Trivia Master’. Well we certainly can’t call ourselves masters, we only got 5/15 but it was fun.

DSC_0387.jpg

Tracy was recognized by another CC member, (Kaida) a student from Virginia who by working two jobs paid for her and her mother’s cruise. Her mom had just retired from the Navy after 20 years of service. They were both on their first cruise and (Kaida) was determined to win a ship on a stick. I don’t remember what their score was but they came in second place.

DSC_0388.jpg

Since we had reservations for David’s Steakhouse tonight, Tracy decided to skip lunch and went to the steam room. I had a Pastrami on Rye, Salad and a cheesecake in the Mermaid Lounge.

DSC_0392.jpg

Mike, thanks for the great review and for posting the article about Tracy. I wish her (and you and your kids) all the best. I do understand about the sheets - when my oldest son started at the US Merchant Marine Academy last year, a number of the first-years learned to sleep on top of the sheets so they didn't mess them up before inspection.;)

Thank you nybumpkin, we appreciate it. :)

What a wonderful article Mike! I know I am not alone in saying that I hope you keep your CC "family" updated on Tracy. And if she is allowed mail, maybe we could all send her cards to help her through the difficult days ahead. I for one would love for her to know she has the support of this community too! (as do you and the kids!)

Thank you Gail, very thoughful of you. She would love to get a card from you or anybody else reading this review. However she will be very busy and would not be able to responds in writting. She may show up on this site if she has a chance, I helped her register before leaving, I think her name was something like TracyA38.

Her address is:

Tracy Aube

Troop 20

Depot Division

PO Box 6500

Regina, SK

Canada

S4P-3J7

Mike,

Absolutely enthralled with your comprehensive review and clear, bright photos. You did the Pride justice!

We live about 50 miles south of Baltimore and sailed her for the first time in June 2009. Such a lovely, well maintained ship with a helpful, friendly staff.

Fast forward . . . we will be passengers again at the end of May 2011 with a different itinerary than before (CC, FP, BAH) and are counting down the days. Our son will turn 8 on the cruise!

Kudos to you and your family for supporting Tracy. I am happy that she is pursuing her dream and wish all of you the best of luck and success.

Being half Canuck myself (mom's family from TO), I hope that someday I get to meet your family on a cruise and say "AYE!"

I took down Tracy's address and will most definitely send her a card.

After lunch I met up with Tracy and we headed to the Taj Mahal Main for ‘ The Love & Marriage Show’. On the way we stopped at the Piazza Café for a Coffee.

DSC_0397.jpg

It was so tempting but Tracy talked me out of it, remember David’s tonight.

DSC_0395.jpg

Next to the Café they were holding an art auction in the ‘Starry Nights Lounge’. We entered and browsed around for a while.

DSC_0400.jpg

The show was starting at 2 p.m and we arrived a half hour early. I like to sit up front and Tracy prefers the balcony. She had her way this time. The crowd at 1:30 p.m. It's a popular show!

DSC_0402.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

DSC_0403.jpg

Kirk picked three couples, newlyweds, married 15 -25 years and the longest married couple from the audience. The couple representing the 15-25 years was picked from several couples who were willing to give their best Tarzan and Jane impersonation. The game is played slightly different from ship to ship. It’s a lot of fun and should not be missed.

Kirk with the three couples

DSC_0406.jpg

Edited by MikeyA53

Kirk mentioned New York and as expected Andrew bolted from his seat and ran up on stage. As rehearsed he said " Hi, I’m Andrew from New York and I love my wife so much I’m willing to jump up and down four times" to which the crowd responded "Prove it"

DSC_0408.jpg

DSC_0409.jpg

DSC_0410.jpg

DSC_0411.jpg

DSC_0412.jpg

DSC_0413.jpg

Then the game was on, Kirk asked the couples 10 questions, to which the couples would write their answers on a piece of paper. The rules were simple, stay back to back, do not turn around or ask your partner what they are writing down and the crowd would decide if their answers matched.

For example some questions were for the ladies and Kirk told the men to write down what they thought their wives would write down. The same was done for questions directed toward the men. No one was actually declared the winner, all three couple got a bottle of champagne. Here comes a spoiler, listed below, after the 3 photos, are the ten questions as best I can remember them.

DSC_0414.jpg

DSC_0415.jpg

DSC_0417.jpg

1. When and where did you first meet?

2. Rate your first kiss on a scale of 1 to 10?

3. Fill in the blank, you haven’t seen ugly till you’ve seen my wife’s ......

4. Name and describe in one word your husband’s last girlfriend.

5. Woopie hasn’t been the same since we did it ........

6. What is your husband most disgusting habit?

7. When does your husband think he’s most macho (a) in bed (b) out of bed © in his head?

8. How would you best describe your husband when he first comes out of the shower (a) a stretched limousine (b) a dump truck © an itsy bitsy Volkswagen with two flat tires?

9. Describe last night, was it (a) the 4th of July, fireworks (b) Thanksgiving, sleeping next to a dead turkey and I forgot the third?

10. If your husband was stranded on a deserted island, would he prefer being marooned with a missionary or a hooker?

Did I miss something? Where is your daughter? I loved your last review and couldn't pass up reading another. I'm not even sailing on the Pride but enjoy the trip through your eyes so much I just have to read along! Wish Tracy all the best. Hopefully the 6 months will fly by for her and for you guys at home.

Thank you jnl134. :) As mentionned in my introduction, Arielle had other commitments and could not come with us. :(

Thank you for all the work you put into your reviews, Mike. How does live karaoke work? Do you still get to see the words if you're a singer? I can sing, but I don't think I can remember all the words. Anyhow, thanks again! Won't be long before I'm seeing blue water...

Thank you Crabberwoman. Do not fret, it's the same as regular karaoke, you see the words. :cool:

Hello,

First, thank you for your wonderful review.. it's really helping us with our first time cruise plans.

Second, i was wondering if you or anyone else can help. My husband and I have NEVER been on a cruise. We are planning on taking our 2 yr old son with us on a cruise next month. As of now we narrowed it down to 4 cruise ships; Carnival Sensaton, Carnival Pride, Norwegian Jewel or Norwegian Gem. Any recommendations? I notice you and most followers have been on the Pride and Sensation and was wondering if their were any favorites.

Thanks in advance,

raynjlcruise

Thanks raynjlcruise, your not provinding much info like a proposed date for your cruise and other variables like where you live, etc.

Anyway, I can only comment on Sensation and Pride, but I'm sure if you start your own thread, you would get a better answer.

Sensation is usually 3-4 day cruises and is an excellent way to find out if you will like cruising like the rest of us. (Sensation was our first cruise)

Pride is usually 7 days with more ports of call, also it's a newer, more modern ship. We loved it.

Hi again Mike,

I commented a few times on your last review and this one sure keeps the same high review standards! Good job again. Glad you had a good time and all the best to Tracy in Regina. I'm sure your daughter was sad she missed out. My kids are younger than yours but we find that cruises are great family holidays.

We just got back from the Carnival Elation with the kids and my inlaws who are snowbirding down in Alabama and we had a great cruise with great weather. So nice to leave the cold behind for a week or so. Next Feb I'd like to do Fascination out of Jacksonville to HMC, but Nov/2012 my wife wants to go on the new Disney Fantasy which will be big bucks. She doesn't think we can swing both...

Hopefully when Tracy gets back you guys can plan more cruises. As you know, there's nothing like them! How long will it be until Tracy gets vacation time off after she completes her training and starts full time? Any idea?

1. When and where did you first meet?

2. Rate your first kiss on a scale of 1 to 10?

3. Fill in the blank, you haven’t seen ugly till you’ve seen my wife’s ......

4. Name and describe in one word your husband’s last girlfriend.

5. Woopie hasn’t been the same since we did it ........

6. What is your husband most disgusting habit?

7. When does your husband think he’s most macho (a) in bed (b) out of bed © in his head?

8. How would you best describe your husband when he first comes out of the shower (a) a stretched limousine (b) a dump truck © an itsy bitsy Volkswagen with two flat tires?

9. Describe last night, was it (a) the 4th of July, fireworks (b) Thanksgiving, sleeping next to a dead turkey and I forgot the third?

10. If your husband was stranded on a deserted island, would he prefer being marooned with a missionary or a hooker?

The third options was Memorial Day, sleeping with the dead.

On our cruise, the longest married couple had been married over 60 years. His response for question 10 was "A hooker in the missionary position!"

Loving the review even though we just got off the Pride two weeks ago!!