Prinsendam cabin question

FunForUs

Does anyone know anything about cabin E397 on the Prinsendam. Interested in noise and possible vibration issues. Also any other favorable or unfavorable comments. There is not much availability on a cruise that I am looking at booking, but this cabin is available.

Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shirley

The first thing I checked on the deck plan was to see if your room had a walk in closet - and it does :):) a big plus on the Prisendam. I'm looking forward to my cruise on the 'elegant explorer'.

where abouts are you sailing, that may make some difference.

Joanie has a great website which may be helpful - a lot of rooms and comments. She has a sticky at the top of the Hal board. Might be worth a look there. hopefully others can help more :)

We were in E321 and loved the Prinsendam. If I'm looking at the deck plan correctly, it looks like 397 is under the main dining room, but I don't think that would be a problem. The Prinsendam does seem to fill quickly. Others may be able to comment on any vibration issues in the aft section of the ship. I can say that compared to the newer, larger ships, we found that the Prinsendam did have some creaking and motion issues on rougher seas (we sailed 14 days in the Med and W. Europe) but she is our favorite of the HAL fleet.

The walk in closet is really a plus.

I was on the ship in November through rough seas. I had a midship location. But the cabin did creak a lot, sadly, the noise was like a door knock so it was hard to tune it out. I recommend ear plugs.

Having said that, the rooms are very nice sized.

The crew are very cohesive. On my cruise 70% were repeats on the Prinsendam. The Cruise Director is a delight. The two different captains are lovely.

You'll be fine. If I could take every HAL cruise on this ship I would.

Archived