Recommendations for Ft Lauderdale Hotel

6pack

We've stayed in Fort Lauderdale and have enjoyed a number of hotels, however we're always looking for something different. Has anyone experienced a knockout hotel? We've stayed at Pier 66, Embassy Suites, Pillars and the Pelican Grand Beach Resort. Our two favourites were the Pelican Grand and Pillars. Both of these hotels are great and would highly recommend them. We were thinking of trying the Hilton Marina. Has anyone stayed there?

We've stayed in Fort Lauderdale and have enjoyed a number of hotels, however we're always looking for something different. Has anyone experienced a knockout hotel? We've stayed at Pier 66, Embassy Suites, Pillars and the Pelican Grand Beach Resort. Our two favourites were the Pelican Grand and Pillars. Both of these hotels are great and would highly recommend them. We were thinking of trying the Hilton Marina. Has anyone stayed there?

Here's a thread from yesterday that could help you...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1362206

We just stayed at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach. Beautiful hotel. Loved being right on the water and if you didnt want to swim in the ocean they had a lovely pool.

We stayed there a few years ago, just before the big retrofit. Loved the location on the beach, we had a corner room looking out over the Atlantic and down the beach...it was terrific. The only issue we had with it was that you had to take a cab to go anywhere for dinner or to shop.

We stayed at the Hilton Marina last year. We upgraded to a waterway view room and it was lovely. The outdoor seating area was lovely in evening with fire pit. The only thing was it was a good walk to go anywhere. Although it was only 10min walk up street to Starbucks for morning breakfast. We also took trip up to Waxy O'Connors one night and the water taxi stop is just out the front of the hotel to get to Las Olas, etc. The hotel offer a shuttle to the beach aswell but we didn't get time to use this. We've booked the Atlantic Resort & Spa for our next pre-cruise to enjoy another view of FL! Also close to port for morning of cruise. It's certainly a busy hotel for pre-cruisers but you can get a jump start on everyone waiting on a cruise line shuttle!

We stayed at the Hilton Marina... great stay.

The water taxi is right behind the hotel - we went to Mangos (Las Olas ) for dinner. In the morning we had the taxi stop at a drug store (very close) & picked up some wine & pop. The port was only a few minutes away.

The pool & bar area are lovely. We took our morning coffee out there. :)

I see that you enjoy very interesting boutique-like properties. We share an appreciation for ambiance. We don't have many on the same par as those, but you might also enjoy the Lago Mar and Riverside Hotels.

Hilton Marina is very nice but we just stayed in a "knockout"! The Westin Diplomat was amazing, we got it on Hotwire for under a $100. It's a little ways from the port but the pools/beach area is so pretty!

Funny your mention them as I called them direct and got a awesome quote that was too good to pass on, made the resie and was wondering as I noticed they are a way from the port, but we will have a rental, so that is not and issue, I take it you liked it............

Surprised nobody mentioned the Harbor Beach Marriott. As for the Westin???? Front desk treated me like a second class citizen because we booked thru Priceline. Nothing thrilled me about the Westin.

I almost mentioned the Harbor Beach Marriott, but the OP seems to prefer the smaller hotels that are not chains. I love the Marriott.

Archived