Unassignment only reservation on QV

StarFlyr

We're looking at a trip to the Baltic. Our tour agent told us we could get an A5 cabin or higher as there are no available A5 cabins at this time. If we did go this route, I assume we would not find out what our cabin actually is until shortly before sailing. IF we are upgraded, it will be at the A5 fare.

It is my understanding that the cabins that are a higher category have lower numbers. Is that right? If so, an A4, A3, A2 and A1 are all considered a higher category. And I guess it might even be possible to end up in a Princess cabin.

I'm trying to get my head around why Cunard would make this offer and the only thing I can come up with is all the A5 cabins are gone, but they have a surplus of higher category cabins that they are will to let go at the A5 price to at least get the A5 fare. Is that about it in a nut shell? :confused:

We're looking at a trip to the Baltic. Our tour agent told us we could get an A5 cabin or higher as there are no available A5 cabins at this time.? :confused:

Hi StarFlyr. If you book an A5 cabin guarantee, accept that is what you will get, allthough you might be assigned a higher category(which may or not be more to your liking). If you want a specific cabin, you know you need to book that cabin ---otherwise, youse pays you money and youse take your chance :) - Cheers, -S

I recently purchased an A7 balcony and when the room was allocated by the cruise line I got an A2 balcony stateroom, thats a 5 catergory upgrade.

It does not always happen but you will get at least what you paid for, not a down grade.

Sydgal.

I booked a B4 gty on QM2, and after three price drops my TA booked a B3 - she couldn't stand the uncertainty (but I love the uncertainty of gtys). two weeks before sailing, I checked into the personaliser and found we had been upgraded to an A1! EM

My last cruise to the Fjords on QV was booked on a guaranteed and we were upgraded two grades. I have a guaranteed booking on QE to Venice and we are looking forward to see what cabin we receive. IMO its a good way to book if you don't mind the uncertainty or the pleasant surprise, perhaps.

My last cruise to the Fjords on QV was booked on a guaranteed and we were upgraded two grades. I have a guaranteed booking on QE to Venice and we are looking forward to see what cabin we receive. IMO its a good way to book if you don't mind the uncertainty or the pleasant surprise, perhaps.

I think that the guarantee cabins are good value and fine just as long as you accept that you will not necessarily receive an upgrade, so you do need to be content with the grade of cabin that you have the guarantee for, in case that is where you end up.

My only voyage on QV was a guarantee booking. I paid for a C5 and got allocated an A5 balcony cabin. I was more than happy, except for the doorway to crew quarters next to my door, which was slammed day and night !!

My only voyage on QV was a guarantee booking. I paid for a C5 and got allocated an A5 balcony cabin. I was more than happy, except for the doorway to crew quarters next to my door, which was slammed day and night !!

When I mentioned a similar occurence on one of my crossings to the Hotel Manager I noticed the noise stopped within hours... :)

When I mentioned a similar occurence on one of my crossings to the Hotel Manager I noticed the noise stopped within hours... :)

Oh - so did mine and the subsequent compensation was appreciated!!! But I would still hesitate to recommend that particular stateroom to anyone !!

Archived