Question for Ruth C

Travelrd

Hello Ruth,

If it's not too personal a question, do you usually book an inside cabin on your cruises? Do you know the largest inside cabins on most of the ships? Do you often get upgraded due to your incredible number of cruise days with HAL?

I think your cruise to New Zealand and Australia sounds fabulous and I would like to do the same next year. Do the prces vary by the month or is it the same every month?

Thank you inadvance for your reply.

Have fabulous chocolate cruise!

I usually book inside cabins, yes. And don't get upgrades. :( My June cruise is in an outside cabin, though, because it was cheaper than the inside I wanted. And it was in a good location. It has happened before that there was an outside for less money than my inside, but the location wasn't as good.

All the "large" insides on the S- and R-class ships are a decent size. Very comfortable. Of those, the ones that are more square are larger still. On the deckplans they look different, and may be oriented differently.

On the Vista and Signature classes, the "large" insides aren't, except for the J- and K-categories on Main Deck. Those are huge! I understand that the I-category cabins are also huge, but I've never been in one.

Frankly, I don't check prices. I decide which cruise I want to take, determine if I can afford it, and book. After that, I don't worry it to death. Once I make my peace that I got the best deal I could, I let it go. So, I really can't tell you when the best deals would be. Also, I take exotic cruises, so those don't get the kind of price breaks that more popular cruises do. The supply and demand thing just isn't there for the cruises I take. And the fact that I sail solo complicates that matter, too, I suspect.

Thanks for your good wishes! :) I have a short list of places to go chocolate hunting! :D

Thank you Ruth. I also travel solo. I really appreciate the information you returned to me.

I hope you don't have problems getting out of Providence on Monday. Sounds like you have good backup plans and have thought out the what if's? very well. This is going to be a fabulous adventure for you. Much happiness to you.

Cheers

Archived