Allure B2B Review

I recently posted a link to my Allure B2B travel blog from 1/23/11-2/6/11, however for some reason my post was removed (no violations that I can see so who knows why!)

So in summary, the cruise was fantastic and I definitely recommend doing a B2B because it will take you two weeks to see and do everything on the ship! We ate at Samba Grill, 150 Central Park, Chef's Table, Giovanni's, and Rita's Cantina in addition to the main dining room and all our meals were wonderful. The only show we didn't see was Chicago but all the other shows were great. The ship was beautiful...my favorite was Central Park, especially at night.

I will be happy to answer any specific questions about the ship or the ports so please feel free to ask!

RBKL: In Jost van Dyke, everyone had to swim to shore, so no reason to bring a towel! You didn't need to bring shoes either!

Beccafcr: The turnaround day was very smooth. All the b2b cruisers met and we were led off the ship and through customs as a group. We were issued our new sea passes and had to wait about 15-20 minutes before we were able to get back on the ship. We stayed in the same room so we didn't have to pack up and move our belongings, but I think if you change rooms your room steward will help you move everything over. No perks that I can remember except they hosted a lunch on turnaround day for all of us.

Thank you for posting a GREAT review! I'm so excited about our upcoming B2B on Allure - April 3 then April 10.

I was thrilled to read your take about Jost Van Dyke! I can't wait to go and and am excited about getting a B.V.I. stamp in my passport!

Your snorkel tour with Arawak (spelling?) sounds great - I'm sold!

Thanks again for taking the time. I hope that you and your mom are healthy.

Happy sails

~ Liz

I recently posted a link to my Allure B2B travel blog from 1/23/11-2/6/11, however for some reason my post was removed (no violations that I can see so who knows why!)

So in summary, the cruise was fantastic and I definitely recommend doing a B2B because it will take you two weeks to see and do everything on the ship! We ate at Samba Grill, 150 Central Park, Chef's Table, Giovanni's, and Rita's Cantina in addition to the main dining room and all our meals were wonderful. The only show we didn't see was Chicago but all the other shows were great. The ship was beautiful...my favorite was Central Park, especially at night.

I will be happy to answer any specific questions about the ship or the ports so please feel free to ask!

I read your blog and loved it. I do have a few questions for you.

I guess you used two cameras; one for underwater and one for normal pictures. What type cameras do u use? Your pics and your storyline were great; I was sad when u got sick at the end of your cruise. Someday I too may do a back to back; I was on the first part of your Allure cruise 23 jan. I was at the meed&mingle; and I was with a group of 20. We had a lot of fun. again thanks for doing your blog.

Thanks so much for your blog/review. I'm sailing on Allue in May Eastern, no B2B. I have a few questions if I may:

1. How many were at your M&M? Do you know if the Captain shows up at every M&M on Allure?

2. Just a comment: I have a Nook also and will be taking it on the cruise!

3. Samba Grill: was there entertainment with the dancers or were they just photo ops?

4. You were allowed to take photos at all the shows??

5. How was the Comedy show? Was it worth making time to go to it?

6. How was the Headliner show?

Thanks again! Your photos were great too:)

P.S. Someday I'll do a B2B. Thinking of doing it on Serenade next year Souther Carib;)

I read your blog and loved it. I do have a few questions for you.

I guess you used two cameras; one for underwater and one for normal pictures. What type cameras do u use? Your pics and your storyline were great; I was sad when u got sick at the end of your cruise. Someday I too may do a back to back; I was on the first part of your Allure cruise 23 jan. I was at the meed&mingle; and I was with a group of 20. We had a lot of fun. again thanks for doing your blog.

Hi! I'm sure I saw you at the meet and mingle but there were a lot of us that week!

I used a Canon D10 for the underwater pics. It also takes great pictures above water too (all the pics from St. Martin, Labadee, and Jost Van Dyke were taken with it). For the pictures around the ship, I used a Kodak EasyShare Z1485 IS.

Thanks so much for your blog/review. I'm sailing on Allue in May Eastern, no B2B. I have a few questions if I may:

1. How many were at your M&M? Do you know if the Captain shows up at every M&M on Allure?

2. Just a comment: I have a Nook also and will be taking it on the cruise!

3. Samba Grill: was there entertainment with the dancers or were they just photo ops?

4. You were allowed to take photos at all the shows??

5. How was the Comedy show? Was it worth making time to go to it?

6. How was the Headliner show?

Thanks again! Your photos were great too:)

P.S. Someday I'll do a B2B. Thinking of doing it on Serenade next year Souther Carib;)

Thanks for reading my blog! I hope it helped in planning your trip.

To answer your questions....

1. There were about 75 at the M&M the first week and maybe a little less for the 2nd week. I know we had over 100 sign up for each week. The captain only spoke during the first week, and the cruise staff said that it was unusual for him to come to the M&M.

3. There was only one dancer and she would come out every hour or so and danced for maybe 10 minutes or so.

4. All the shows allowed pictures, just no flash.

5. I would definitely go to the Comedy show. They have different comedians every week and the show I went to was really funny.

6.The headliner for the second week (I'm not sure who was there the first week) was Mosaic, a group that sang acapella and created their own background music with their voices. They were really good, although I didn't stay for the full show since I came in late and was standing in the back of the theater. I think they have a different headliner every week.

I hope I was able to answer your questions! Please let me know if you have any others!

Kim

Great review! We are going on the Oasis on March 5th, but I was especially interested in reading your Western port info.

Great to hear that the snorkeling in Labadee is good! I will look into this excursion now.

What did you think of the Money Bar? I am toying with going there the morning we dock and doing some of their package deals .... guided snorkeling (gear included, if needed) from shore, lunch/drink and one cocktail for $30. Doesn't seem like a bad price. I E-mailed them a few days ago to ask some questions, but haven't heard anything back. We could also just show up and do it a la carte. We are a family of five so we need to be careful not to spend too, too much on excursions b/c it really adds up!

Thanks again for your trip report!

Great review! We are going on the Oasis on March 5th, but I was especially interested in reading your Western port info.

Great to hear that the snorkeling in Labadee is good! I will look into this excursion now.

What did you think of the Money Bar? I am toying with going there the morning we dock and doing some of their package deals .... guided snorkeling (gear included, if needed) from shore, lunch/drink and one cocktail for $30. Doesn't seem like a bad price. I E-mailed them a few days ago to ask some questions, but haven't heard anything back. We could also just show up and do it a la carte. We are a family of five so we need to be careful not to spend too, too much on excursions b/c it really adds up!

Thanks again for your trip report!

Hi! I only ate an included lunch at the Money Bar so I don't really know anything about what else it has to offer... it was a good lunch though! :) I'm sure anything you decide to do in Cozumel will be fun!

TNCruiser30,

did u enjoy doing the b2b? I wonder if the ship stays the same but the ports differ; if its worth doing. I just got off Allure from the Jan cruise; when I saw all the other ships in port, I said to my friends wouldn't it be neat to walk off Allure and walk onto another ship; maybe another Royal ship or maybe another line; just knowing that we have another week to spend; but on a different ship. What do u think?

TNCruiser30,

did u enjoy doing the b2b? I wonder if the ship stays the same but the ports differ; if its worth doing. I just got off Allure from the Jan cruise; when I saw all the other ships in port, I said to my friends wouldn't it be neat to walk off Allure and walk onto another ship; maybe another Royal ship or maybe another line; just knowing that we have another week to spend; but on a different ship. What do u think?

I really enjoyed doing a B2B, especially on a ship like the Allure. We didn't have to cram everything into one week (shows, for example) and we could really take our time to get to know the ship and the crew. Plus, we got to stay in the same cabin so we didn't have to pack up and move mid-vacation. I think that if you were on a smaller ship though it might be fun to switch ships to make the second half of the vacation completely different from the first half.

• 3 weeks later...

I am really seriously considering doing a B2B...but one small concern is making sure the hubby is kept entertained. Did any of it get boring?

Holy cow...I'm gonna have to pick up a ton of overtime to pull this one off! :eek:

What was your impression of Samba Grill. I've read mixed reviews in these boards. My wife and I are traveling with our 2 kids and their friends (ages 17-20). I'm thinking of eating at Samba our first night. Do you think it would be fun, particularly for the kids? Thanks!

I am really seriously considering doing a B2B...but one small concern is making sure the hubby is kept entertained. Did any of it get boring?

Holy cow...I'm gonna have to pick up a ton of overtime to pull this one off! :eek:

I don't think your husband will have any problem being kept entertained! The part I liked most about doing a B2B was that I could spread out the shows, parades, etc. over two weeks and that kept the vacation at the right mix between activity and relaxation.

What was your impression of Samba Grill. I've read mixed reviews in these boards. My wife and I are traveling with our 2 kids and their friends (ages 17-20). I'm thinking of eating at Samba our first night. Do you think it would be fun, particularly for the kids? Thanks!

I enjoyed the Samba Grill. I thought the food was great as well as the service. It was something different to do other than the main dining room and I think that it would be even more fun to do it as a group.

I just booked a B2B on Allure in October. Which did you like best, eastern or western carib? and do you think it makes any difference which order you do the b2b in?

I typically lean toward the Eastern Caribbean as my favorite because of the ports, but the weather and sea conditions on the Western Caribbean were actually more favorable on this trip. I don't think it matters which order you do it in, except there are two sea days as the end of the Eastern vs one in the Western so if you want more relaxation time at the end of the vacation it might be better to do the Eastern second.

Archived