Men wearing sandals on formal night -Valor

LVMullet

we went to a wedding recently where one of the brides friends wore a suit with sandals.

he probably thought it was cool.

what he didn`t probably realize was how everyone was calling him a dope.

you learn in psych 101 why there are individuals seeking negative attention.

I have never seen a pair of formal men's sandals?

Now we women have all the sparkly fancy ones but I don't think he'd wear that?

DH and I are very INformal people so he has a pair of black leather walking shoes/sneakers(very comfy shoes) that he wears on elegant nights but not sandals.

I have seen Hollywood types wearing sneakers with a tux on tv so I guess almost anything goes?

Here in San Diego we have been to informal weddings where all the men were decked out in Hawaiian shirts and sandals. Even the bride's father wore a tux top(jacket )and shorts with flipflops!! I personally don't care what anyone else wears. It is your vacation so do what you please!

Is seems to me the last couple of cruises I have been on that some people don't go by the dress code exactly. On formal nights I have seen some people dress up very fancy while others are just very casual. I don't think they are that strict unless you are wearing a bathing suit or cut off jean shorts. If a woman can wear sandals, why not a man? They would probably let that go by as long as they have shoes on. I was once on the Legend and this man each night of the cruise dressed very casual to dinner in the MDR. Every night he wore red and white and had the logo of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers team on his clothes. He wore shorts, t-shirts, flip flops, sneakers, etc. He was never dressed up and never turned away from dinner in the MDR..

we went to a wedding recently where one of the brides friends wore a suit with sandals.

I attended a wedding once where one of the guests wore sandals with his suit and we all thought he was tacky... until we found out his formal shoes were chewed up by his host's dog, and the only other pair of shoes he brought with him were sandals. The wedding was way out of the city and the nearest mall was at least 45 minutes away, so he had no time to purchase new ones before the wedding started.

Yet another question about dress code. Do men ever wear sandals into the main diningroom on formal night or otherwise?

Thanks

Sandals are not formal wear....they are beach wear.

And, no, I've never seen anyone wear sandals on formal night in the dining room. Those who wish to dress causally usually go to the buffet.

As for other nights, sandals would seem to be ok...usually worn with sox....

Yet another question about dress code. Do men ever wear sandals into the main diningroom on formal night or otherwise?

Thanks

The only rule concerning shoes is that "flip flops" are not allowed. The night does not matter.

Son got married on the beach in st thomas when we were on the Dream last summer...Son wore sandals on the beach as did hubby who was the best man. Having said that, NO way would either son or hubby wear sandals in the MDR . I dont think I look at feet..but I wouldnt want to see hairy toes while eating :)

Archived