what to wear on Monarch

cweed

We leave next Monday, for the 4-nighter. DH likes to dress up, but we both agree that on this one, a nice dress shirt and tie will be all he needs. He will likely have a blazer along, but I doubt he will wear it. We are doing MTD, and who knows whom they will pair us up with for dinner on Formal Night. Hope they are in relax mode too. ;)

Me I will wear a dressy type top with black pants. Sometime it gets cold in there during dinner.

Hi Cweed:

We've been on this Monarch trip you're taking a few times (and again in about 2 weeks!) and we don't worry about bringing anything formal.

On formal night, granted, we didn't go to the MDR, we just ate in the Windjammer. One thing I notice is on the formal nights, those who do dress up don't fo the full tux routine anyway. I saw many guys in just dress shirt and some even without a tie going into MDR.

And most go and change right back into their comfy cruise clothes right afterward anyway.

Go casual and have fun .. its a great ship!

dh and i are going to be on the monarch for the 4 day to the bahamas a month from today *squeee* and we are totally getting dressed up. he will be wearing a suit for formal night and i'll be in a dress with heels. we love the excuse to dress up.

i think it's neat dressing up, but not everyone does. it sounds like you'll be fine with what you're planning - you won't be the dressiest, but you won't be the most casual by far.

Pax tend to dress a little more on the 4 night cruise during formal night, than they do on the weekender 3 night cruise.

We saw everything from full tux to simple long sleeve dress shirt with tie/no tie.

The DH wore the long sleeve with tie and no sport coat, but decided (as he does not get opportunity to dress up very often) the next one that we did... he wanted the sport coat.

Archived