Curious about B2B...

dcward89

While driving in an icestorm to work and a snowstorm on the way home today, I was daydreaming about our first B2B cruise that we have booked on the Serenade for Jan/Feb, 2012. There are several people already on our roll call that are doing B2B's. It got me wondering....what RCI ship do you think has had the most B2B's? Obviously it's just random musings but it's something fun to think about during this awful winter weather!!

While driving in an icestorm to work and a snowstorm on the way home today, I was daydreaming about our first B2B cruise that we have booked on the Serenade for Jan/Feb, 2012. There are several people already on our roll call that are doing B2B's. It got me wondering....what RCI ship do you think has had the most B2B's? Obviously it's just random musings but it's something fun to think about during this awful winter weather!!

I have done several B2B's and we prefer them to a weeks cruise or even an 11 night cruise.

I will say the two most popular cruises for B2B's here are the Adventure and the Serenade. Their itineraries are awesome with many islands to see each week.

They both leave from San Juan, Puerto Rico and go to the Southern Caribbean.

At different months of the year, even the itineraries change on the ships and the islands they visit. So you can pick the cruise by the islands you most prefer to visit.

There are no discounts given for B2B's. Your two cruises are counted as just that. Two separate cruises.

I will not do a B2B cruise unless I can stay in the same cabin for the entire two week cruise. Unpack once and pack up again 2 weeks later. I book early so that I can have that luxury.

The dinner menus stay the same but there are at least 5-6 choices each night so on the second week you take another choice.

We have been lucky enough to have the guest entertainers change on most of our B2B's. They will get off in another port and a new one will get on. The main shows we will see them and the following week we will do another thing we missed.

If you look at my signature you will see we have done a few over the years. We will be doing the Serenade B2B's in December.

As we aged, we found it is the way for us to cruise now. One big one a year.:)

EDIT:

I should have added we are very much port people. We pick ships that go to as many islands in a week as possible.

Of course there are plenty of ships that do the Eastern and Western 7 night cruises from the East Coast that only

go to 3 islands a week. Not for us.

Or, there are Alaskan cruises North and South that have a lot of Ports also. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

We're doing B2B's on the Radiance in Australia in Feb.2012 for a total of 34 nights (we're calling it our "Bucket List B2B") and there are already about 12 B2B couples signed up in the Meet & Mingle list. Once couple is doing FIVE B2B's, another FOUR. A lot of those doing it have said that it makes sense to do it that way since we're traveling such a long distance.

Archived