150 Central Park Allure Question

The way I understand it, they offer Menu A the first half of the week and then Menu B the second half of the week. And FYI - I also read that they charge extra even for water. If you say you want "tap water" they tell you they don't have any. This is just what I read from a review, not from experience. However I will be eating there on my May 8 cruise.

I am not exactly sure how the A and B menu work. I heard the same as the above, A first half, B second half. We had B and it was unbelieveabe! Couple of thoughts for you, it is at leact 2 1/2 hours, so careful of any shows you sign up for. Believe me, you don't want to rush this meal. We did have "tap water" it wasn't a problem, nor did they tell us it wasn't availble. The wine pairings are supurb! $75.00 a person, but well worth it. Exceptional wines, and full glasses.

Hope this helps.

David

I am eating here on the last night of the May 8th cruise... my thought is, if Menu A has all the fish & duck options, and Menu B is more land-based (Short ribs, etc) then they would offer the Menu A option until they run out of said Fish & Duck... (since Fish would spoil quicker than beef)

As for the wine pairings, bring it on!!! I mean it goes without saying that you are on vacation, so live it up, laugh a little and have the wine that I'm sure goes EXCELLENT with whatever menu they are offering!!

I have read info on Menu A and Menu B, my question is this... How often are Menu A and B changed? If you sailed in January and then again in May would the menus be the same or are they changed out after a certain amount of cruises/months? Thanks.

Last year I watched the 150 menus for Oasis as I wasn't sure if I was going to book or not. Once the menu was changed from the A/B menu to a set single menu it stayed that way until the new chef came on in October. That being said I would think that the current menu on Allure will pretty much stay in tact for a while. Of course everything is subject to change ;)

yep, only live once....go with the wine. All I can tell you is we were there on the last night and had Menu B....the beef duo, short ribs and filet. Can almost still tast them....YUM!

Thanks - that's great to hear!!! (since I'm banking on the Menu B night!!!) :p

Archived