Country inn and suites shuttle on port canaveral?

Elmo31

If taking their shuttle to the port, how early do they start their shuttle service? and is there more than 1 shuttle van/bus? Thanks

Dawn

The Country Inn & Suites does not have a free shuttle....you pay for it. It will be cheaper and easier to just take a cab to the ship.

The Country Inn & Suites does not have a free shuttle....you pay for it. It will be cheaper and easier to just take a cab to the ship.

They have changed things a little bit......they now charge $20 to leave your car if you don't book the park/cruise package and the shuttle is free.

I believe they start running shuttles about 10:00am, but you cannot sign up for the shuttle until you check-in, so it depends on how early you arrive.

We have stayed here several times and like it a lot. Very nice people and very clean hotel. The shuttle drivers are a husband/wife team that have been with them since the motel opened.

They have changed things a little bit......they now charge $20 to leave your car if you don't book the park/cruise package and the shuttle is free.

I believe they start running shuttles about 10:00am, but you cannot sign up for the shuttle until you check-in, so it depends on how early you arrive.

We have stayed here several times and like it a lot. Very nice people and very clean hotel. The shuttle drivers are a husband/wife team that have been with them since the motel opened.

If you book the rate with the shuttle to the ship it is more than the other rates, so ultimately you are paying for the shuttle. I just priced it. A room was $20 more with the shuttle. You can take a cab for $10. And with a cab you have the freedom to go whenever you want instead of having to wait for the shuttle.

Last time we were there it cost us $10 to go TO the terminal, but surprisingly it cost us $20 to ride back to the motel.......:eek: The cab driver wasn't very thrilled to take us either. She wasn't rude about it but said all drivers prefer the longer fares to the airport. She told us the morning the ships are due back in the drivers draw numbers to see where they get to be in the line to pick up passengers. Because she had to take us back to the motel, she had to get in the "back" of the line on her return. Like I said she wasn't rude, but we could tell she wasn't at all thrilled!

On the morning we left for our cruise our cab driver offered to give us her card to call her when we returned for pick up......in hindsight I guess that's what we should have done......:o

Happy Sailing Everybody!!!

If taking their shuttle to the port, how early do they start their shuttle service? and is there more than 1 shuttle van/bus? Thanks

Dawn

They use two shuttles...one the husband drives, one th ewife drives. Both drivers are very nice. The first shuttle is around 10AM or 10:30AM.

You don't really want to leave befor ethen becasue you'll jus twind up sitting in the hard chairs crammed togehter while everyone else pushes in around you. They usually don't start boarding the ships until 11:30 anyway.

I've heard good and bad stories on cab drivers on the return. They'r eall hoping for an airport haul. So if you're heading back to the CS&I, usuing the shuttle is a better way to go all around. If you come in from MCO book one of the shuttle services and they'll pick you up at the ship for the return. Then maybe use the cab for the one way to the ship from the hotel.

We absolutely loved the hotel and shuttle when staying there last October! If I remember correctly, there were two vans and both had luggage trailers - plenty of room. They are great and he was waiting for us when we walked off the ship (did self-debarkation). We were back at the hotel and on the road by 8:00.

Thanks everyone for the great info....we paid for the cruise and park package and yes it is 20.00 more than the regular price of the motel but it was cheaper to do it this way than leaving our car at the port. I just hope its still there when we return:eek:

• 2 years later...

This is great information. We are a party of 12 arriving at Country Inn & Suites on 5 JULY (ready for our 6 JULY Carnival DREAM Cruise). Within our party we have a couple of people that cannot walk far distances. Once the shuttle drops off at the Cruise Terminal is there much walking? Thanks! Anyone else crusing the week of 6 JULY?

There is a little bit of a walk from where the shuttles park and where you enter the terminal.......and even more of a walk once inside the new terminal. Not sure they thought this one out very well as we did not see any benches along the way for people to sit on if they needed a break before continuing.

Thanks....one more question please. Does the Carnival Dream leave from Cruise Terminal 6 or 5 (looking at the map of Cape Canaveral (google maps) I do not really see a CT6). Thanks again!

Archived