Does The Portunus Club Make a Difference?

ROSEBASKETS

We are Gold (2400) points, and it makes no difference to us. We go for the product and experience, and after a confrontation with P&O's 'customer relations' decided they did not care, even if you were Gold.

Yes. we cruise Celebrity, its just like P&O was in the early 90's, and pro rata, cheaper.

Richard

We cruise with P&O for the good discounted prices and the very reasonably prices drinks on board but much prefer Princess for many reasons, one of them being their Elite circle benefits which include 250 mins each internet access, free laundry, drycleaning and shoe cleaning(never tried the latter) cocktail party and there is a Captains lunch for the 40 most travelled on board, also canapes and afternoon tea in your cabin,

Looking forward to our next cruise on Azura.

Hi Hansi a few blips, we now we know what the ships hospital is like from our last cruise and the speedy landing at heathrow with an ambulance waiting, still all much better now, booked on the Azura for a discounted cruise in May, looking forward to sailing into Venice, just miss the Princess perks, hope to meet you on the high seas again one day

Sue and Frank

Portunus discount won't influence our decision to book a cruise but it will be nice to get it in October. At least I think we get it? 15 days sailed so far?

Yes you will as the new scheme is not implemented until April 2012

Brian

Hi

Can anyone help with advise on points being allocated for previous OV cruises.

I have seen on forum that people have had automatic points with P & O carried over from OV.

I have a cruise booked on Ventura - the first choice it seems for ex OV ers.

I do not have points carried over. I have spoken to P & O and they have said that OV did not have a points system so they cannot carry anything forward:confused:.

Any suggestions please.

Regards and

Happy cruising.

Hi Brian

Thanks for explaining the position for me. This will be my 1st P & O cruise departing this coming Saturday. Fly to Barbados and cruise back to Southampton. I have done repositioning cruises before . I am sure we will like Ventura.

Thanks again.

Hi Brian

Thanks for explaining the position for me. This will be my 1st P & O cruise departing this coming Saturday. Fly to Barbados and cruise back to Southampton. I have done repositioning cruises before . I am sure we will like Ventura.

Thanks again.

Is that right? I could be being a bit thick here and not getting it but;

I cruised with OV before cruising with P&O and they gave me 5 points for every night spent on an OV cruise before cruising with P&O, so even though it was my first cruise I still got points credited to my account BUT only after my first cruise with P&O had ended, so could the poster get the points credited to the portunus club after the completion of the cruise?

My portunus membership came through with 420 points even though I'd only been on a 14 nighter, so I thought the other 280 points came via OV nights on board at 5 points per night:confused:

You maybe right or maybe lucky but I understood you could not have sister cruise points credited if you were not a Portunus member, which you only become after your first P&O cruise. I did not think they trawled back in the annals of time

Brian

Archived