Ship Photographers

sailaway5

Does Azamara have photographers that take the "Welcome Aboard" photo's when boarding the ship? Are there ship photographers when you disembark at each of the ports?

Yes, there are photographers taking welcome aboard photos.

Yes, they are there when you disembark at the ports.

And, perhaps in answer to your unasked question:

NO, THEY DO NOT BADGER YOU AND MAKE A NUISANCE OF THEMSELVES.

And on journey it was a really good $149 package for all the pictures they took of a couple - posed ones, gangway, in the dining rooms, embarkation etc. You do not get pestered by the staff, in fact you have to go and look for them and they never dress up as dolphins or pirates or whatever just the sailing ring or the ships wheel at the gangway.

If you like having pictures taken, you will be pleased

There have been far more visits by the photographers to the speciality restaurants on the current cruise on Quest. In 2009, they came just once - on Easter Sunday [and that was a 24 night cruise]. So, far in 6 nights, the photographers have been 3 times. As was mentioned, they are quite happy if you say no.

Sue

Sounds like Azamara is fine tuning its photography operation. Gone were the crew members dressed up in costumes as we disembarked at various ports. Some passengers found this cute; others thought it was a bit too much like a Carnival cruise. I always felt sorry for the crew members who were sweating inside the costumes. Likewise, some passengers enjoyed having pictures taken at dinner and others felt the whole thing was intrusive while they were eating.

I guess there is a balance to be found between pleasant and annoying. With digital cameras, is there really a need for these kind of pictures? I guess so because people continue to buy them. And when too many people find the photographers intrusive OR when it is not profitable to continue this operation, it will be gone.

It's nice that Azamara is trying to make the whole thing less annoying.

On the Journey we found the most courteous--professional photographers of any crusie line we have taken. They did not intrude or demand and would politely ask if you wanted a photo made. I still think the "snapshots" you get on cruises are priced way too high. I always look for a "package" deal which cuts the price considerably or I just don't buy the "snapshots".

Archived