When will Carnival chg itinerary from Mx and Jamaica

bnsilly

Hi..

Alot of itineraries from Galveston involve Mexico or Mexico and Jamaica...both of which I wouldn't feel that safe going to. I wonder if anyone has heard anything about them changing their itineraries?? I would love Key West and Grand Cayman which I know they do for a few cruises...

Hi..

Alot of itineraries from Galveston involve Mexico or Mexico and Jamaica...both of which I wouldn't feel that safe going to. I wonder if anyone has heard anything about them changing their itineraries?? I would love Key West and Grand Cayman which I know they do for a few cruises...

Why would they change the itin they go to those places as you said.. it is much easier for them to go to Jamaica and Mexico from that port... if you don't like those ports book a cruise on the itin that goes where you want or fly somewhere to get to the ports you like;)

Hi..

I noticed the other day that beginning in May 2012, the Carnival Magic which will be in Galveston will do a one week itinerary to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. The other weeks during the month will be the regular Western (Jamaica, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman) and Eastern (Key West, Nassau, Freeport) itineraries. The Galveston, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, Galveston itinerary will also be offered during 2012 in July, August, September, November, December. It looks like it will also be offered in January and March 2013.

Hi..

Why would they do that???

and...why wouldn't you feel safe???

Millions and millsions of people go to those places every year, by air and ship....

Don't believe everything you hear or read.... both places are perfectly safe...as safe as your hometown.

Hi..

I would suggest you stay away from Key West.

It is in Florida and the United States has a high crime rate.

I don't know about Grand Cayman

Back when Grand Princess was sailing out of Galveston, they were able to do 4 ports on a 7 day cruise.

We did:

Belize, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, I believe, and:

Belize, Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel

And we even did:

Belize, Playa del Carmen, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, (Playa is a better way to see Tuluum than from Cozumel)

Back when Grand Princess was sailing out of Galveston, they were able to do 4 ports on a 7 day cruise.

We did:

Belize, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, I believe, and:

Belize, Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel

And we even did:

Belize, Playa del Carmen, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, (Playa is a better way to see Tuluum than from Cozumel)

I was on one of those cruises when Grand Princess lost a generator or three. :eek: Luckily we got to do all the ports before limping back to Galveston.

NCL routinely does Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan and Cozumel out of New Orleans. :)

It is really just a factor of distance. To go any further afield than Bahamas, Key West, or the Western Caribbean ports the cruise will need to be longer. Back in the day Royal Caribbean and Celebrity offered 10 and 11 day cruises that included a partial Panama Canal Transit. They were great.

I noticed the other day that beginning in May 2012, the Carnival Magic which will be in Galveston will do a one week itinerary to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. The other weeks during the month will be the regular Western (Jamaica, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman) and Eastern (Key West, Nassau, Freeport) itineraries. The Galveston, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, Galveston itinerary will also be offered during 2012 in July, August, September, November, December. It looks like it will also be offered in January and March 2013.

I haven't looked at the new sailings. I will say that Magic's schedule bored me when it first came out. (I am interested in a cruise to Costa Maya.) The other ports are available on the other Gulf ships. I have sailed the Dream and would like to compare the Magic but not for $200 more pp (at least!) when I can take another ship out of NOLA or Mobile.

Eastern - yawn. I don't want to travel to Gulf and go to the same places I can go on a Florida departure. Plus Nassau and Freeport - YUCK!

Archived