A very, very unserious question.

WELSH WIZARDS

Is there any truth in the rumour some cruise lines are about to start a new, more realistic type of life boat drill ? ;):D

I believe that I have heard something to that effect, but I am not too worried about it.

Now, I have a question of you. No complaints but, I have run into your name before on 'the net' this person sells Ammolite, if this was you, I was one of your customers. 'Am I correct?'

As I said, I have no complaints.

john

titanic.gif

P.S. If this is so what do you think of the prices charged for Ammolite on cruise ships?

P.S. If this is so what do you think of the prices charged for Ammolite on cruise ships?

Hi Mr Green .

I am sorry, I cannot answer your question as I am totally bewildered . I do not know where the quote you posted as being mine came from as after the words " boat drill " and the two smileys, the rest of the words are not mine, and I have no idea where they came from.? :confused:

I do not understand who John is and where his post has gone, nor how his post can appear quoted as mine.

......and I do not even know what Ammolite is. !

On Carnival you no longer have to take your life jacket let alone wear it! A crew member will show you how to put it on but you still have to go. Room stewards check each cabin to make sure you're not hiding there. They have a 'card' they stick in your lock to say they have checked that cabin.

But on Costa we had to wear them and listen to instructions in more then one language for a LONG muster!

Hi Mr Green .

I am sorry, I cannot answer your question as I am totally bewildered . I do not know where the quote you posted as being mine came from as after the words " boat drill " and the two smileys, the rest of the words are not mine, and I have no idea where they came from.? :confused:

I do not understand who John is and where his post has gone, nor how his post can appear quoted as mine.

......and I do not even know what Ammolite is. !

You are not the one.

Ammolite is a Canadian gemstone, which I collect as a hobby on the 'net'. One seller calls himself Welsh Wizard, and shows the same emblem as yourself.

Happy cruising. john

john

To be honest I was kinda disappointed when another member told me we no longer had to wear the vests...It's been a while since I cruised :o I might just wear mine around the ship for the fun of it.

I can say I wouldn't want to test out the life boats...have you seen how small they are on the inside :eek:

On Carnival you no longer have to take your life jacket let alone wear it! A crew member will show you how to put it on but you still have to go. Room stewards check each cabin to make sure you're not hiding there. They have a 'card' they stick in your lock to say they have checked that cabin.

But on Costa we had to wear them and listen to instructions in more then one language for a LONG muster!

I used to despise those drills with the life jacket on. Now that we don't, the possibility of ever having to put one on is less real. Most really don't take the drill meeting seriously. In a way it's better customer relations though. Those drill in the sun and heat were sometimes brutal.

Archived