Boston Logan to Black Falcon - Best way?

kelleherdl

Dear All experienced Boston to Montreal cruisers.

We are taking the family (6) on the Maasdam. Our flight gets into Logan at 12:30 (Southwest). What is the best way to get to the ship? Taxi, water taxi, limo, HAL shuttle ?

Thanks in advance

Dennis

Taxi from Logan to Black Falcon, on Saturday mornings, would normally take ten minutes. You can get a van taxi that can accomodate you all. You will be charged the toll to go through Ted Williams Tunnel which is the fastest route to the port.

Exactly. Get your luggage, exit the terminal, whichever terminal you are at and there will be a taxi stand.

Hope you love your Maasdam cruise as much as we do. We think that Canada/New England Maasdam cruise one of HAL's best short cruises.

I'm curious....... Those of you from Boston who have posted to this thread, have you taken the Maasdam Canada/New England Cruise? We do it annually and love it. It surprises me there are not always lots of Bostonians on the cruise and I wonder why?

We thought the same thing until for one reason or another we decided to give that cruise a try. We love it so much we do it every year, Boston to Montreal to Boston, back-to-back. (We've lived in Boston all our lives except for a brief time when DH was in the Military.)

Never really thought of taking the Boston to Canada trip either...we've been to Bar Harbor lots of times, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI...all by car. I'd rather go farther afield on a cruise (like the one I just took in Croatia!). Our first HAL cruise will be in September in Alaska.

I'd love to do that cruise one day Sail.

To the OP, Sail's suggestions are good....I would take a van taxi, too. Even though our daughter just went to work as an accountant for the company owning the Harbor Taxi, I would not suggest that mode of travel. We tried it one year to go to Logan for a cruise, and ended up having our other daughter drive us into Logan. It's not good if you have a fair amount of luggage.

It's just a fact of life that people often overlook doing things that are in their own backyard. I was brought up in NY and have never been to the Statue of Liberty.

When it comes to cruising there are many we have taken I would like to repeat, but not year after year. It's a big world out there with too many places to go to.

Never really thought of taking the Boston to Canada trip either...we've been to Bar Harbor lots of times, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI...all by car. I'd rather go farther afield on a cruise (like the one I just took in Croatia!). Our first HAL cruise will be in September in Alaska.
I lived in the Boston area (Marblehead and Salem) for 35 years and never considered a New England/Canadian cruise, probably because I went to VT and NH frequently and saw many leaf changes. Over the years, I went to all of the places on the cruise itinerary so it wasn't "unique." Now that I live in SoCal, I'd certainly consider it; it would be like going "home again."

FYI, the Ted Williams Tunnel entrance is in the airport and the exit is right near the Black Falcon Terminal; it's a straight shot which is why it's quick and easy by cab.

I'm curious....... Those of you from Boston who have posted to this thread, have you taken the Maasdam Canada/New England Cruise? We do it annually and love it. It surprises me there are not always lots of Bostonians on the cruise and I wonder why?

Not unlike the others, we've been up that way a lot and we still go to Maine every summer. However, I have looked at the cruise. It is generally much more expensive (July/August comparatively to lets say, a 10 day Carribbean. Plus, unless one was to do a B2B, it too would require an airfare back from Montreal (one way), which can be the same as a R/T to Florida (which are kind of reasonable from Boston). Lastly, because the best weather for this cruise would be July/August, I assumed there were much more children (on vacation) onboard than than other cruises we take.

BTW, to the OP, I'll add to list...taxi is the way to go.

Dear All

thanks for the replies. I found the thread about New Englanders who have never taken this cruise interesting.

I would like to pose a corallary. Our family has never really done New England. We have lived in the mid-Atlantic for years. Just haven't done New England other than business trips. To me this is the ideal way to do the New England coast. Kills a lot of birds with one stone. Also I have never done Montreal and Quebec City, so this is a major hit on the bucket list. :D

Thanks again

Dennis

We have lived around Boston all our lives and never made the trip to Quebec City, Charlottetown, Bar Harbor, Sydney, Halifax until we cruised. It was an attitude of we could go anytime so we went far and wide but never nearby. We had made several trips by air to Montreal and have always enjoyed our visits there.

I don't remember what impetus had us cruise that itinerary the first time but we cannot get enough of it now. We always book at least a year in advance to get what we want, when we want it. :)

Thanks for all the comments. Interesting.

Archived