Where to buy soda at ports

MissKIA

We are planning on bringing soda and water on board with us, but we are going on a b2b so we will have no chance to "stock up" for our second week. I realize you can bring non-alcoholic drinks on board from the ports, but where do you buy them? Are there stores near the ports or will we have to go looking for a store to buy drinks? Obviously I've never been on a cruise so I really have no idea!

Yes you can buy pop in ports-many of the little shops. I know in St. Thomas for sure there is a drug store,(though i wasn't looking for pop when I was there, they most likely carried it, so the others probably have them as well. San Juan will have shops. As for Half Moon Cay, I don't recall seeing that as it is the cruise lines Island. The food for lunch is brought on the ship by the staff. Half Moon Cay is so beautiful. I also don't recall seeing anything in Grand Turk. That is Margarita ville. There were many little local owned huts and some shops like Jimmy buffet, Piranha Joe, that may have had pop in them, but it would be pricey, everything else was at the j.b store.

I don't know where you are leaving from but when we left from Miami, we bought soda from a CVS next to our hotel, since we did not want to fly with it. I would not recommend the hotel we stayed at but Holiday Inn is a block down on the Port of Miami.

We are planning on bringing soda and water on board with us, but we are going on a b2b so we will have no chance to "stock up" for our second week. I realize you can bring non-alcoholic drinks on board from the ports, but where do you buy them? Are there stores near the ports or will we have to go looking for a store to buy drinks? Obviously I've never been on a cruise so I really have no idea!

Depending on where you are leaving from and returning to, you might be able to catch a taxi to a store close by and just replenish while you are waiting to sail again. I envy you...I wish we could do a b2b - but too many kids and not enough $$$$$$! Have fun!

Archived