Will Princess host Meet and Mingle?

longduo

I know I read on some longlost thread that the cruise line will host a cocktail time for the Cruise Critic roll call group if you have a certain number. Can anyone clarify that? Any help would be appreciated!

Does Princess do this or only other lines?

Who do you have to contact to set it up?

How many people do you have to have? Right now I think we have 28.

Do you have to have names and cabin numbers? On our rollcall for the Coral Princess 15 day repo Panama Canal cruise we mainly have first names, a few cabin numbers (which could change), and some are only CC names.

We might as well do it as well as we can!

If anyone else hasn't signed up for the roll call yet, please do.

Longduo:)

I know when I was on the Regal last May there was a group for an high school reunion, They were able to form an get together in the pizza place. They were brought snacks and several different or'dorves(sp). I am not sure how it was done, but maybe if someone goes to the pursers deck when we board we can do it too. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Delores

Our roll call is having a meet and greet and one of our cc members called Princess to set up a time. They set aside a room for us and a no host bar. :D

Now this has to be something new as I have never heard of Princess supplying a NO HOST BAR for any CC meeting! Let us know for sure if it is true please when you return. Very hard to believe, sorry! :(

Now this has to be something new as I have never heard of Princess supplying a NO HOST BAR for any CC meeting! Let us know for sure if it is true please when you return. Very hard to believe, sorry! :(

Princess set up, and announced in the Patter, a no-hosted Friends Of Dorothy party one time when I was on Sun Princess - it was held in the RendezVous bar. They also hosted a Cruise Critic group on one of my Grand Princess sailings in the Wheelhouse. I think all you have to do is ask and they’ll accommodate you – might be a good idea to email the Purser’s Desk or Cruise Director before you sail.

Our roll call is having a meet and greet and one of our cc members called Princess to set up a time. They set aside a room for us and a no host bar. :D

Hi Shelly,

That's good to hear. When do you sail and on what ship? If you return before April 26 please reply to this thread and let us know if it all worked out as planned.

Longduo

Well I don't know what a no host bar is but on the Island and the Grand they set us up in a lounge with servers. They provided munchies and even a cake on the Grand. On the Island they sent invitations to the cabins of CC members and listed it in the Patters. On the Grand the CD, Capt. and several other officers stopped by.

Scott

We were on a Precruise Tour in Australia and then on the Sapphire Princess in January. Our precruise tour consisted of 20 people. We did have a reunion on board in the form of a lunch in the Sante Fe Dining Room. One of the participants set it up and sent out the invitations to all who were on the tour.

It was the day we went through the fiords and one couple took the extra 2 day tour that the ship offered. The other 18 including us made it to the luncheon. We had 2 large tables set up especially for us.

It wasn't a cocktail party or anything and we would have had lunch on board anyway so it was very nice to get together and take some pictures.

Well I don't know what a no host bar is but on the Island and the Grand they set us up in a lounge with servers. They provided munchies and even a cake on the Grand. On the Island they sent invitations to the cabins of CC members and listed it in the Patters. On the Grand the CD, Capt. and several other officers stopped by.

Scott

Scott, a no-host bar is where everyone pays for their own drinks (no host).

Longduo - we sail 03/19 on the Diamond. I will let everyone know how it went when we get back.

For those who have asked a "no host bar" simply means they supply the room and a bartender and everyone pays for their own drinks. I imagine there might be a few pretzels too but nothing fancy. Just a place set aside to meet. - Shelly

I contacted Princess myself for our 3/12/05 Diamond sailing. Spoke with Guest on Board Services and followed up with a faxed letter stating what we wanted to do. Gave them an approximate number of guests and when we wanted to meet. Suggested anytime on Sunday afternoon as that is our first full day at sea and they set us up in Skywalker's at 3:30 and are providing a bartender.

We did basically the same thing last year on the Grand and it worked out perfectly. Someone else on our roll call (thanks Jake!) has put together some name tags with our screen name and real name.

We have a pretty active roll call and also plan to meet at the Oasis Bar wearing leis at sail away. Can hardly wait!

Pam

Thanks for the info. Our CP 4/23/05 group (all 56 of us??) was thinking of calling Princess to reserve a room/no-host bar for our first sea day (Sunday). How far in advance do you recommend we call to set this up? I was figuring early April. Is that too late?

I suggest the earlier the better. When I contacted them I actually requested an earlier time for our meet and greet but most of their rooms already had other things scheduled. Just be a bit flexible and they will do the best they can.

Thanks to all for the great information.:)

AZPam, when you called Guest on Board Services, did you need names and cabin numbers for your rollcall group or just a general number?

Carole (Twocats), did you start our rollcall? Do you want to call Princess about setting up something for the afternoon of our first sea day or would you like me to do that? Most folks we just have first names or CC names and a few were signed up by other people so we just know things like "Sally, daughter and another couple". From what I can figure we now have 28 people and ther are probably more we don't know about.

Pat (Longduo) ;)

:rolleyes: We're going to be on the Sun 4/8 and we have a good sized group planning to meet on sailaway at the Riviera Bar. I think I'll see if I can get Princess to set it up and then I'll report back.

Debbie

I would appreciate it if you could make the call, I have been under the weather and have no voice. Third cold in the last few weeks. :(

The meet and mingle will be great. I have totally stopped making plans for the trip, just can't get going. Thanks, Carole

why is that hard to believe.... a NO HOST BAR means pay as you go for drinks. Essentially all you are getting is a room, and maybe some snacks....which on a cruise line means moving snacks from one location to another....it is not like they are not EVERYWHERE.

Sorry I did not realize this was already addressed....guess it pays to read the WHOLE thread before replying.....sorry.

To answer your question. When I first read the OP's post I read it as NO COST bar. LOL I took away the H and added a C in my brain. Therefore I had to edit my post when I re-read the OP's comment. After that, it didn't make any sense. Thought maybe It would go un-noticed (not likely) without me having to post this explanation. ::::::::blushing:::::::

Sorry, I totally read the original post wrong.

Archived