Which beach? Having a hard time deciding.

luv2cruise08

I am having a hard time deciding which beach to go to. It's just me, DH and my twin 7 yr olds. These are what I am thinking about so far:

Palmetto Bay

Turquoise Bay

and the The West Bay Beach Break with Island Marketing

They are all about the same price basically about $100 and that includes transportation from the pier, use of their facilities and a welcome drink.

Can I get a little feedback from those that have experienced any of these beaches and if they are good for little kids.

Thanks,

I am having a hard time deciding which beach to go to. It's just me, DH and my twin 7 yr olds. These are what I am thinking about so far:

Palmetto Bay

Turquoise Bay

and the The West Bay Beach Break with Island Marketing

They are all about the same price basically about $100 and that includes transportation from the pier, use of their facilities and a welcome drink.

Can I get a little feedback from those that have experienced any of these beaches and if they are good for little kids.

Thanks,

We just got back and visited Tabyana Beach, booked through the cruise ship. We're avid travelers and consider this beach one of the best we've ever been to. There are loungers, showers, bathrooms and changing facilities. The meal is usually included and drinks are available for purchase. Our two children, ages 8 and 11 also enjoyed themselves. There were many water sports and activities available on the beach and you can snorkel right from the beach.

All these beaches are really West Bay Beach. I went with two other passengers and the cab right outside the port charged $6 each to get there and like $65 to return to port. Chair rental is $10 from Mayan Princess and I suspect everywhere else. Snorkeling from the beach was $20. Parasailing was $55. Dont know price of Banana Boat ride. Restaurants, Banarama, right there. Great day last Monday, no bugs or jelly fish. Cabbie pricing the only hassle.

All these beaches are really West Bay Beach. I went with two other passengers and the cab right outside the port charged $6 each to get there and like $65 to return to port.

Thx...did you mean to say $6-5 to get back? Looks like it's probably cheaper to get a cab go to a beach and then rent a chair if you want vs going with some type of package deal.

• 2 months later...
All these beaches are really West Bay Beach. .

I am not an expert on Roatan, but am nearly positive they are all not West Bay Beach. In fact, Turqoise Bay is about midway to West Bay. I could be wrong, but maybe someone else could speak on this.

The section of beach where Tabyana is located is part of West Bay Beach. According to the tour company we have booked or beach day through, West Bay Beach is one long beach that has been "chunked" into sections based on the resort, etc. There are other beaches on the island that are not part of this group but from what I have read this is a superior beach area.

As for the tours, we are booked with Christopher Tours at $20 per person which includes round trip transport to/from the pier as well as the guide will remain with you during your stay and will take you somewhere else if you desire. We are going to the Mayan Princess Resort which is part of West Bay Beach and just a short walk/swim to "Tabyana". The resort charges a $10 per person fee but you get use of the resort area including pool, etc. My understanding is they provide you with wrist bands so that "non-resort" guests cannot use the chairs, pool, restroom facilities, etc.

Hope this helps.

West Bay has a bunch of places lined up and down it.

Here is a map that shows all of the places:

http://www.******************/

I'm told the beach is like 1 mile long or so. You don't have to commit to any certain resort there.

Definitely can do it on your own and save $$ There is snorkeling right off the beach in front of Infinity Bay (I've been on on here. I will be going here in September and have done my research for months, so just giving you the info I have collected).

There is suppose to be a really neat restaurant called Bite On The Beach where you can dine (with good food I'm told) and watch the electric eels in the water along with other sea creatures that show up (octopus and so on at any given time). http://biteonthebeach.net/

Archived