Embarkation in San Juan?

CKDoodle

Hi!

My husband and I will be on the CB in three weeks! We have been on several Princess cruises, but have never sailed out of San Juan. We always get on the ship as early as possible:D I was wondering what time we will be able to board since the ship doesn't leave until 11pm?

Thanks in advance!

Carrie

You will LOVE sailing out of San Juan....one of the prettiest embarkation points to leave from...

I've sailed 3 times out of San Juan...always were on the ship around noon...had lunch and relaxed a bit...then back off the ship later in the afternoon for a stroll along La Princesa at the edge of the water...a beautiful walk with stunning views :)

You will LOVE sailing out of San Juan....one of the prettiest embarkation points to leave from...

I've sailed 3 times out of San Juan...always were on the ship around noon...had lunch and relaxed a bit...then back off the ship later in the afternoon for a stroll along La Princesa at the edge of the water...a beautiful walk with stunning views :)

When San Juan is used as an embarkation point, Caribbean Princess is actually docked at the Pan American pier, on the other side of the harbor from Old San Juan. You would need a taxi to get back to the La Princesa from there.

If I can tag another question here...we'll be boarding in two week!

Is there a priority boarding line or entry into the building for Platinum and above and suite passengers? We're Platinum.

Thanks

Once you enter the building and go through security, they will direct you to an area to sit that is for priority boarding. This group is called first to check in. Enjoy!

Janet

Once you enter the building and go through security, they will direct you to an area to sit that is for priority boarding. This group is called first to check in. Enjoy!

Janet

Thanks for the info, Janet. I was hoping that there'd be a separate entry - like in Ft. Lauderdale. So wouldn't have to line up with the main group if we had priority to get into the building sooner.

Do yourself a favor, once you have eaten your mid-day meal. Get off, take a taxi to Old San Juan and explore. It is a great city and you will enjoy sailing away more once you have seen a bit of the city, especially the old fort. In all of my cruises (before this wife and now), I have sailed out of San Juan 6 times. It is special. Do not go to bed early that night.

Jim

Do yourself a favor, once you have eaten your mid-day meal. Get off, take a taxi to Old San Juan and explore. It is a great city and you will enjoy sailing away more once you have seen a bit of the city, especially the old fort. In all of my cruises (before this wife and now), I have sailed out of San Juan 6 times. It is special. Do not go to bed early that night.

Jim

Thanks!! I definitely want to be up for sailaway. I'd like to get some pictures of the ship all lit up!

Hello ...we cruised VIA San Juan in Jan 2010..the embarkation was at 8:30 pm and we were on the ship at 11:30 am ...we also like to get onto that ship and find our way around....we were able to get to all the levels and have lunch before our room was ready ------there were many people doing this....we stayed at the EMBASSY SUITES in ISLA VERDE the night before so that we were at the port in time ..taxis everywhere.....

If I can tag another question here...we'll be boarding in two week!

Is there a priority boarding line or entry into the building for Platinum and above and suite passengers? We're Platinum.

Thanks

Be sure to tell them that you are platinum. It is the same entrance as everybody else, but there is a specific line for platinum. Even if they are telling people to sit, they may send you directly to the platinum line. Tell the person standing between the seating area and the check in lines.

Be sure to tell them that you are platinum. It is the same entrance as everybody else, but there is a specific line for platinum. Even if they are telling people to sit, they may send you directly to the platinum line. Tell the person standing between the seating area and the check in lines.

Will do! Thanks!

Archived