clothing for Mediterranean in October

basil1

Hello,

I have been on several cruises so I am familliar with what to wear to dinner/ formal night etc. What should I take to wear in port for a Mediterranean cruise in October (Celebrity)? It's really too early for me to be thinking about this, but I just booked the cruise and am ready to shop!;)

Thanks a bunch

Basil

It will be cooler so I would say that lightweight slacks, t-shirts with longer sleeves and things like that would work well in the Med in October. Remember, no shorts or sleeveless if you're going to tour places like churches, mosques or temples.

Not quite sure where your stops will be. We did a Holy Land cruise in September and the temperatures were in the 80's for most of the trip. Might want to consider things you can layer, that way whether it is warm or starting to cool, you will be prepared.

Carol

We're sailing in late October and plan to layer - with a warm, light weight jacket for cooler spots. More long pants and fewer shorts, long and short sleeve tees and good walking shoes. Checking the ports we're sailing (Celebrity Millenium) for projected temperatures makes it sound like cool evenings and day time temps from mid-40s to 60s depending on where we are.

I too am booked on a Transatlantic cruise on the Century in October. The weather will be unpredictable. When visiting the ports I plan on wearing dressy slacks and skirts with light weight tops. A must is an umbrella, raincoat, comfortable walking shoes and a couple of cardigans that you can shed if it gets warm. I am also taking a cute denim fitted jacket that I just bought at Chicos that is casual but not too casual, if you know what I mean.

We did a Venice to Athens cruise in October, and the weather varied quite a bit.

Sometimes we wore jeans, long sleeved shirts, jackets and were none too warm, and sometimes we wore shorts, short sleeved tops, and sandals and were plenty warm.

Archived